Happy Birthday difficult child

everywoman

Today my difficult child is 22. I came here when he was 14/15---and while time changes everything, things are still now where near where I thought they would be when I started down this road. difficult child is doing well. He is working---can't manage his money, and we still supplement, but it is not much, we can, and he is grateful. He has a girlfriend who seems to be nice and is trying to make it work with someone with a horrible temper and low self-esteem. He is 22 but about 19 emotionally and socially---a lot further than I thought he would be right now. He's not in jail (today) and as far as I know is trying to make a life for himself. He still lives with his grandmother (my gfgmom) and although she has been a bit manic lately, he has handled it well. Anyway---Happy Birthday difficult child.

DammitJanet

Happy Birthday to both of you. I know what you mean about where they are vs where you imagined them being. We just keep hoping.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He may get there eventually, EW. Just may take a bit longer. But I know what you mean. in my opinion trying makes all the difference.

Happy birthday difficult child! :D