Happy Birthday Marguerite!

M

ML

Great wishes for our amazing Margeurite for a wonderful birthday. We love you Marg!

nvts

Happy Birthday Marg! Marg's Man, I hope you showed your gal how to paint the town red! :D

Hope you had fun! You've had a rough year - this one is going to be much, much better!

Beth

Marguerite

Thanks, guys!

We had a lovely day with easy child & SIL1. First easy child, husband & I went to a farmers market and bought up fresh food to cook for dinner. We also bought some sausages for lunch, but they cooked it and ate it while I slept (very tired, I need a lot of daytime naps). They left food for me though.

Dinner - we'd bought a double rack of lamb (very cheap, but fresh from the grower himself) plus a lot of fresh vegetables. So we roasted the lamb (with a crust of seeded mustard and garlic, fresh rosemary & parsley from the kids' garden) in one tray, and in another huge dish we roasted all the root vegetables we had - kumara (orange sweet potato), carrots, pumpkin, kipfler potatoes and beetroot. Absolutely delicious! easy child had bought a small birthday cake.

We brought it home along with a case of cooking tomatoes which I've been boiling up tonight.

My favourite kind of birthday is one where I get to 'play' with the garden, and the kitchen. I also pruned a lot of roses in their garden (someone's got to do it!) and this morning before we left, I pruned the lavender. I have a pocket full of lavender flowers, the ones that were too old to put in a bunch that easy child now has hanging up to dry.

It was cold in Canberra; quite a severe frost this morning. We'll be back there in early July, it will be even colder then.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well......if you are a day behind us in Aussie world? Then I'm right on time (even if I'm late here in the US) to wish you......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Marg's Man

Star,

YOU'RE a day behind us!

That's why we have trouble holding ourselves back to your time. We had to chuckle because this thread got started (according to my calcualtions) at 4:06 AM the day AFTER Marg's birthday.

Thanks for your good wishes.

We both thank you.

Marg's Man