Happy Birthday to me!!!

Sue C

...and I'm not saying how old, although I think some of you know already. LOL

I was supposed to go to a movie with Melissa and her best friend, but Melissa got crabby over something so I said I wasn't going. Her friend had picked out the movie anyway which I didn't think was fair. So there! Ha!

Angela got mad at me on Easter Day and has not called to apologize and has not called to wish me a happy birthday. What a day, huh?

I want to go to dinner tonight with husband, but he said he thinks he has to finish painting something to deliver to someone tomorrow. (sigh) If we can't go tonight, I will see about tomorrow night.

husband did surprise me yesterday with a half dozen red roses and a birthday balloon. :flower:

Sue

:smile: :flower:

Happy Birthday Sue!!!!! I always say I am "29 again" when it's my b'day! LOL!! Guess I better start saying "39 again" as there is NO WAY I could pass for 29 any longer! LOL!!

Happy day!!

Hugs and love,
Vickie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sue - happy birthday! Time to take yourself & celebrate with a massage & manicure. :smile:

My birthday gets recognized by CD board members more than by family members - go figure.

Enjoy your day! :flower:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo: :smile: :princess:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #CC33CC">Happy Birthday!!</span> </span>

Sue C

Vickie -- I'll have to say "I'm 49 again." hahaha

katmom -- husband has my car at work 'cuz his truck is broken. I'm stranded.

Sue

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Happy Birthday!!!!!!!</span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to go to dinner tonight with husband, but he said he thinks he has to finish painting something to deliver to someone tomorrow. </div></div>

I swear, you are surrounded by the most selfish people on earth, Sue. Your kids and CERTAINLY your husband should be dropping everything to celebrate the day of your birth. Shame on them. :grrr:

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Suz

Sue C

Suz -- husband is in business for himself and this particular person dropped off their vehicle from Illinois today and they want it pinstriped by tomorrow. husband doesn't want to turn down any jobs (and I appreciate that he doesn't 'cuz I'm not working). If he had turned down the job, we would not be getting $150. (husband works an hour away on Saturdays and Sundays at an indoor flea market airbrushing t-shirts, so this pinstriping job is being done tonight. It's nearly 10 pm and he is still working. He'll be out there for quite awhile yet.) husband works for himself and works in his shop on our premises on weekdays doing custom painting. Actually, he ends up working 7 days/week.

We will go out to dinner Sunday night instead. It's OK. We will have a nice time.

I know my girls are selfish, that's for sure. And Angela never did call me today. :frown:

Melissa gave me my birthday present tonight--a nice new chair for my computer desk. A very thoughtful gift. Now if she could just behave.........

Sue

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sue, yes- I know about your husband's business. From what you just said, I guess you weren't as disappointed as you sounded ("sigh") in your original post that husband had chosen to work rather than take you out to dinner.

From Angela's perspective, I expect that she is waiting for you to call and apologize to her so it appears that you guys are simply at a stalemate right now. It will pass.

I hope you had a nice birthday.

Suz

Sue C

Hi Suz,

I was disappointed that I could not go out to dinner right on my birthday, but I understand husband has to do what he has to do. I did my share of whining to him about it, though. LOL Tonight we are going out to dinner to a nice restaurant so I can have that filet mignon with mushrooms and a baked potato. I can hardly wait!

Angela never did call to wish me happy birthday. Of course, some years she has forgotten and called me the next day. We shall see, but I will not hold my breath or I will turn blue and pass out!

Last night Melissa was sweet as pie and asked if I wanted to watch a movie with her or play cards, but I was too tired and went to bed. I really am over the hill. haha

Sue

Estherfromjerusalem

Well Suz, happy birthday.

If you are over the hill, then I am Methusela!!! (I'll be 62 next birthday). My older sister is 65, my younger sister has just turned 60, and the three of us are going out to dinner to celebrate younger sis's 60th. We're going on Tuesday and I am looking forward to that. Just the three sisters, with no husbands, and we will all enjoy it very much.

Enjoy your birthday, and never mind if the children did or did not act the way you thought maybe they should. After all, if they weren't difficult children you wouldn't be talking to all of us here on this board!!!!

Love, Esther

Sue C

Hi Esther,

It was my, Sue, not Suz's birthday. :smile:

You are too funny about your being Methusela. How nice that you and your sisters are going out to celebrate your birthdays!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never mind if the children did or did not act the way you thought maybe they should. After all, if they weren't difficult children you wouldn't be talking to all of us here on this board!!!! </div></div>

hahaha--you got THAT right!!!!

Sue

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Sue, we have a tradition in our family that we celebrate our birthday all month!! This way, no one is ever late :grin:

<span style='font-size: 17pt'> </span> <span style="color: #330033"> Happy Birthday to YOU!</span> <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> </span>

It's hard when our children forget. I hope Angela just forgot, and isn't purposely not calling because of the Easter fiasco.

Peace

Loris

I hope you got to have anawesome celebration with Hubby. Good for Melissa, I'm glad she got you something you needed. Happy Birthday (late)!

Estherfromjerusalem

To all Suses and Suzes,

I apologise for getting you muddled up. Please forgive me. Put it down to my old age.

You know I love you all, and wish you all only the best of everything.

Love, Esther