Happy Canada Day!

trinityroyal

I want to wish a Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians and anyone else who wishes to celebrate with us.

Tomorrow, July 1st, is the big day...what are your plans? Anything fun? Anything exciting?

I plan to let the Monster Tots play in the water, do a little gardening, barbecue a big slab of meat, and not come anywhere near the computer (which is why I'm posting a day early :bigsmile:)

So...what are you doing?

Trinity

Mattsmom277

Happy Canada day to you too :) A day early but I"ll likely not be around much if at all either tomorrow.

There is a pet rescue place nearby that is having a big fundraiser tomorrow so in the morning we'll be taking easy child to that. In the afternoon there are celebrations at our waterfront that we'll stop by to join in for a while. Concerts by the water all day, family games, a parade and a pow wow. I am hoping my cousin and her son and her partner will join us for the rest of the day. We'll be having a big bbq and having our neighbor join us since she's widowed and spends too much time alone and we've adopted her as a grandmother of sorts lol. There are fireworks at the waterfront late in the evening if I manage to have physical resources to get down there, otherwise we'll be outside with our little propane fire pit and some sparklers for easy child. Often several of our neighbors do their own fireworks so hopefully if we can't get to the lake for the city fireworks we can enjoy our own private ones in the neighborhood :).

Today is easy child's last day of school so she can stay up late tomorrow which she'll like, she's looking forward to late nights outside with a fire and neighbors stopping by to chat etc.

Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow Trinity and any other fellow Canadians on the board (although there are so few of us!!!).

tiredmommy

Happy Canada Day! Maybe we'll head to the south shore of Lake Ontario and salute my favorite international neighbors from across the water!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my CANADIAN FRIENDS and I salute your Canadian DAY!!!!! (and I soooooo appreciate your little bit of Canadian eye candy that fixes stuff) twiddles fingers - whisttles and does NOT mention any names. (slaps hands). lol. (says in French) OH but Sir My home she is in a sad state of disrepair - yes yes please come and fix me...er her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(rrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwow) in jeans and a cowboy hat........
I ahhhhheam mean ......OH look at that he's not wearing the overalls....heheh

OMG that was too funny. I'd been listening to a CD and had the sound up - WAY up and I um.....clicked on the video and it came on.....and DF was behind me and said "What do you have THAT on for?" ROFL and I'm scrambling to turn it down quick, fast, and in a hurry, and I said - "OHhhhh you know tips on how to do the house my friend sent me." (where's that bloody little avatar where she puts the bag over her red face) hahahah.

OH boy busted. lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HEY - he said FAITH HILL was still looking good the other night and turned HIS tv down.....so NOW we know.......hahah. (and he wasn't asking for a bag) :flirtysmile3:

Mattsmom277

You all are too funny!!!

Back from 3 hours walking in the heat, whew its warm today!!! Longest walk I've been on in over 2 years!!! Not quite sure how I pulled that one off but was a great way to spend the morning. Part of the dog rescue fundraiser was a yard sale. I love myself some bargains! easy child found 2 video games for $1 and a new fish habitat for $0.50. Tomorrow we're going to get her a Beta fish when the stores reopen. She also paid $0.50 for some magnetic sunglasses that snap on to her frames. What are the chances of finding ones to fit the very frames she has? She was super happy. I was happy because I was dreading buying her prescription sun glasses, I won't even buy myself any. I found 2 purses and I'm not normally purse kind of gal. One is a black leather one, very high quality from Nine West. The other is a super pricey hobo bag type, super soft brown leather from Aldo. I have only shopped in our Aldo once as the cheapest shoes are about $100 and go up from there. I pay that for good trainers but that's it. So that store is out of my league. Both bags were $1 a piece.

On a total funny note, while searching through the various bags I found a black one and was checking the pockets and compartments for tears etc and what did I found? Half of a joint, old as the hills and the paper turning brown. SOmeone didn't check their bag to clean it right before they donated it hahaha. We had a good laugh!