Happy dance - happy dance - happy dance!

DammitJanet

Oh yeah! You can get a place down here for probably half the price...especially in one of the cuter suburbs. I got to thinking...was she saying things like Shelby or Kernersville? Kernersville is famous because that is where the Earnhardts have their homes and racing business. In fact, all around Charlotte you will be hard pressed to spit without finding something that doesnt have to do with racing. Hopefully you will get into the love many of us have for the sport.

LittleDudesMom

Congrats Witz! That is unheard of in this economy. I want to sell my big old house and get a nice bungalow -- but I've held off because I'm waiting for the prices to inch up a little.

My cousin, now this was about five years ago, sold her small townhouse in Northern Va and moved down to Charlotte to be closer to her mom. She bought a HUGE house in a burb northwest of the city -- she and her husband were shocked when they first started looking since they were so used to the northern va prices! My aunt and uncle retired there, three of my cousins live there, and another aunt and uncle moved there to be close to their son and his family. They all love the area.

Again, congrats for moving the house so fast and say hello Janet for me this weekend! You will adore her and Tony...

Sharon

everywoman

Yeah!!! This is such a blessing! And I know you will be so happy in the south---I think you're really a southern girl at heart! Can't wait to show you my beach!

DDD

:choir: I'm joining the CD chorus and doing a happy dance for you. Awesome! Your life is on an up track and I'm thrilled for you. Hugs DDD

busywend

Awesome, awesome awesome!!! Congrats!!! It is sooooo very nice to hear about all your great news and I look forward to hearing about your new adventures in a new place!!!!

WAHOO!!!!!

Estherfromjerusalem

Good for you, Witz. I'm happy for you. Good luck now with the house-hunting! And with the move! And with the new job for husband! And with everything!!

Love, Esther

witzend

Update - buyer number 1 who wants everything - and to pay cash - is being given until 7:30 tonight to make another offer, and we decide in the morning. It will be a late night, I think. We're out to dinner at the neighbor's, Rotary meeting at 7 AM tomorrow, flight out of PDX at 11:30. And I haven't even packed yet!