Happy Easter Sunday Morning!

dreamer

Wishing a very pleasant no meltdown day for all of you!
I just finished filling the baskets and hiding the plastic eggs with goodies inside.....I get SO excited over any holiday. :) I think I get more excited than my kids!!!!!

Now I am gonna take a littel nap before easy child heads off to work.....

I sure do hope it does not snow out, we wound up getting over a foot of fresh new very wet heavy snow Friday here....and wouldn't ya know, I had just managed to get rid of the old snow just mere hours before the new came, LOL! (I had been going out there daily and useing a dirt shovel to make the old snow plow mounds etc smaller so they would melt, LOL- they were SO ugly- I wanted them GONE.

I feel bad for anyone with little kids here who might have wanted to do an outdoor Easter egg hunt......there is simply too much snow, slush and mud to be able to do so. Poor wee ones!
It really is something how vastly different weather here can be for Easter from year to year! LOL

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

tiredmommy

Good morning Dreamer and all to follow. :coffee:

Dreamer- I hope the kids enjoy the holiday as much as you do. We will also be having indoor egg hunts this year, though our snow doesn't come until this evening. We still have some snow pack left from our big storm earlier in the month. I'm ready for spring.:2cold:

Duckie woke me excessively early to see what the Easter had brought. It's going to be a long day at church as I have the makings of a huge headache coming on.

Happy Easter!:easter_eggs:

N

Nomad

Wishing everyone a lovely, rage free,
Easter Holiday!
Prayers for all of us who are celebrating!

:easter_eggs:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Welcome back, dreamer.

husband was telling me this morning, that this Easter is the very earliest that Easter can be, with our calendar, as Easter traditonally is on the first full moon after the spring equinox (Northern Hemisphere). So maybe that explains the snow and slush. I think it will be about 90 years or so before Easter is ever this early again.

TM, I hope the headache doesn't develop any further.

And Nomad - right back at you!

husband & I just got back home after a VERY full day. We were up early to set the candle in its holder, then husband drove me to church (I walked in VERY carefully). Our friends from Philadelphia came along, they really enjoyed themselves. After that, we had a quick lunch and then headed into the city where we walked around the Opera House before going to see "The Black Balloon", the movie our kids were in. The movie is about a teenage boy coming to terms with the hassles of growing up with an autistic brother. "Rain Man" it ain't, this is very real, harrowing at times. We saw it a few weeks ago at a preview, but I was busy keeping difficult child 3 quiet. This time I was free to really pay attention, and it hit hard. It has so much on so many levels. Our friends are involved in working with carers in the US, but said there is nothing for kids who are carers - we talked to them a lot about our experiences, and our kids'. Here's hoping they can help set something up on their return.

We had dinner together in Chinatown, then dropped them at their hotel. It's been a whirlwind few days for us and them; they fly out tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow we meet the prospective in-laws for difficult child 1, to talk wedding plans. We're a bit apprehensive, since girlfriend's mother may want a lot of things her way. As mother of the bride, she won't want to let go of any possible attention. I'm happy for her to have my share, but the bridal couple want everything low-key and quick (no, it's not a shotgun wedding).

Wish us luck. And enjoy your celebrations.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
(notes Nomad is VERY talented and Artsy) - thankyou!

HAPPY EASTER ALL YOU LITTLE CHICKYS!!!!!!!

Have a lovely and enjoyable day !

Hugs
Star

B

butterflydreams

Happy Easter morning to everyone! My daughter and I are going to get ready to go to church in a few minutes. After church, we are going to go visit for a little at my parents house. We are going to go visit difficult child (in psychiatric inpatient) from 6-7pm tonight and take him a stuffed dog we bought and if we can find a store open a drawing tablet and maybe a book.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day!

Christy