Happy Easter to all of my SA buddies!

Kathy813

Staff member
For those of you that celebrate the holiday . . . I hope you had a quiet and peaceful day.

difficult child went to church with us and then out to dinner with us and another couple our age. She was bored but polite. I guess I can't ask for more than that right now.

:easter_eggs:

~Kathy

Calamity Jane

Kathy,
Happy Easter to you and your family, also. We had husband's family (15 people) over for dinner, and we just finished cleaning up. Knicks won, Yankees lost, so the kids were semi-happy. It was a great day, overall. difficult child's college gave students no time off for the holiday, and he's too far away to make it feasible to come home just for weekend, but he called and spoke on phone to everyone, which was encouraging. I'm sure he's about to wash out, but that's another story for another day.
Glad your daughter joined you for Mass and for dinner. That's really sweet. She's trying, Kathy.

rejectedmom

Happy Easter to you too Kathy. We had a nice dinner with my children (sans difficult child#2) their spouses and our grandchildren. I kept it simple: Homemade tortilla chips, hummus and salsa for appetizers. For dinner; a ham, baked potatoes, steamed asparagas, butternut squash, black eyed peas, heat and serve dinner rolls, and for dessert; cheese cake (bought) and homemade strawberry shortcake.

difficult child#2 was thought of but we no longer dwell on his absence from family events. It has become our normal. I think I will be exhausted tomorrow but it was a nice day and well worth the work that went into it. -RM

Nancy

We had a quiet day. husband had surgery on his knee last week so he didn't want to go to our usually brunch at the golf club we belong to. I cooked leg of lamb and he watched the masters. easy child spent the day with her boyfriend and came over in the evening and we graded papers and watched tv. I didn't dwell on difficult child's absence and it was nice not having to worry about her drama.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Friday, hubby and I played golf - that was great as always! Saturday and Sunday were spent trying to get the pool open. We found the wiring to the pool had been cut when the septic guys were here so we had to dig up and replace the wiring from the house to the pool. Got most of the swampy water out of the pool and today when husband gets home, we will be finishing opening the pool....hopefully.

Easter has never been a big deal here (actually none of the holidays are a big deal anymore). We used to hide eggs and the kids would hunt and we always loved that. But with difficult child gone and easy child being a total teenager, it isn't the same and so we skipped doing it this year. We did have a ham, parmesan rissotto and roasted asparagas with chicken bacon. YUM.

Tiredof33

Glad to hear of the good times without drama!! It was my easy child's birthday and they have teen easy child's so we don't celebrate the way we did in the past either.

My mother is the last of her siblings so she has turned Easter into sort of a family reunion. We had the get together Saturday and it is about the one time a year I see my cousins. It's a lot of work and we had gorgeous weather to hide the eggs.

Two of my sisters had their young grands overnight and came in stressed trying to cook, dye eggs, and get them dressed. I told them as much as I enjoyed my grands I don't miss that part lol!!!

I have had one email from difficult child with 1 line stating he had moved from girlfriend to a new town. I was happy everyone was so busy that didn't ask about him, but, he has been away from all holidays for a long time. Plus, he is not the only difficult child in the family so they don't ask because they DON'T want to be asked lol!!! Sometimes it's better to forget for a while.

Kathy813

Staff member
easy child spent the day with her boyfriend and came over in the evening and we graded papers and watched tv.

Nancy, if I came to your house would you grade my papers for me? It would be worth the drive. :bigsmile:

~Kathy

Kathy813

Staff member
I had actually stopped grading papers to make that post. I will definitely not miss grading papers when I finally get to retire!!

Nancy

I'm not that fond of grading papers either, brings back a lot of memories of phonics and printing and sentence writing. I'm not sure I would be very good at grading high school math papers though. I am amazed at the huge pile of papers easy child has all the time to grade. Even if the are just homework papers they all have to be checked. That's one of those jobs most people forget teachers have to do on their own time.

Nancy

S

Signorina

Happy Easter friends! Visiting my mom in sunny Florida, loving the beach, a little sunburnt. Boys are having fun, so many happy family memories here - of my dad and better days with difficult child. Odd to be here without him, but trying not to dwell...

Elsieshaye

Spent it with my boyfriend - a lovely, peaceful day. Did not think about difficult child at all. (Made up for that the rest of this week, unfortunately - working on that.)