Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:hawaii_girl:Happy Friday!!! We made it!!!

I can just feel this is going to be a great long weekend. The temps here are supposed to be lovely. High 70's today thru Sunday, then Monday it will be in the 80's. Perfect Memorial Day weather!!!

I've the gym this morning, then rush home for the cleaning crew (thank goodness).

difficult child found a hairy spider in his room yesterday, so after the crew leaves I'll spray his room. Then I am borrowing my cousins battery power hedger and doing some trim work!

I hope your day goes quickly so your weekend can get underway:dance:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-We're going to have some of that nice weather too although not quite as warm. Enjoy the gym!!:treadmill:

Our meeting went well yesterday with the guy from the new program-I posted about it-it sounds promising!

I'm not sure but we may try to carpool today. Last time was such a disaster with the two kids fighting but with the cost of gas we are going to have to start doing more carpooling. I'm thinking I'll let easy child sit up front and I'll sit in the back with difficult child.

After work at some point a visit to the club. I think I'll need a nap first as I only got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep.

Wishing everyone a fabulous start to their Memorial Weekend!!:D

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (ldm), enjoy your workout this morning.

Sharon (with-o), keeping fingers crossed for a good ride this morning. I remember those days of sitting in the backseat with kt (or wm) depending on who was doing what.

It is Friday ~ supposed to be a respite weekend but with the holiday it's being rescheduled.

The PCA interview yesterday never happened; the young lady decided she didn't have to show up! Fine with me. She can find another position. I'm leaning toward fewer PCA hours as kt is finding better ways to entertain herself. The downside is getting out in the community; for that I need help this summer.

Other than in home therapy for kt, nothing is scheduled today. I'm hoping husband will take us out to dinner tonight; I have a taste for fish & chips that just isn't going away. I'm not making them here ~ I hate the smell of frying foods in my home.

Have a good day, friends. If you're traveling this holiday weekend, be safe.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

It's definitely getting cold here. At least my washing finally dried, I got it in before sunset. It's getting dark so early now. difficult child 3 went for a walk when school time was up although he hadn't finished his work; if he'd waited until he finished, it would have been too dark to go for his walk.
So he came home and finished it.

Today was otherwise a mundane day at home - difficult child 3's schoolwork, I got the car serviced, handled phone calls, organised appointments for next week. Tonight easy child & BF1 arrived, they're staying with mother in law (our house is just too crowded). husband & I just got back from greeting them, running the gauntlet of a noisy party further down the street.
Partygoers were throwing rocks at various houses, one of our neighbours had called the police, then while at mother in law's we heard explosions - fireworks in the street. As we walked back we saw the paddy wagon (police vehicle with portable cell in the back). Our neighbour called us over as we got close to home - the cops had said they would stick around until 3 am, there's another batch of hooligans down near the main street.

Tomorrow we're going shopping, with easy child, BF1, difficult child 3 & mother in law. easy child 2/difficult child 2 is in a whiny mood tonight - her sister has come to visit and she didn't know about it (because she's never around to tell - I had told BF2). And now she & BF2 are going on a date tomorrow night (which she refuses to postpone) and so she will miss seeing much of her sister this visit. I suggested postponing her date - "but I won't see our friends for another week if I do that!"
"Well, you won't see your sister for another few months if you don't."

Sometimes, honestly...

Well, at least she did the washing up while we were at mother in law's.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

change

Hey all! TGIF!

Daughter is on last day of suspension. Staying with Grandma. GOD BLESS MY MOM. Don't know what I'd do without her. (Her birthday is next Friday. I need to get her something really good.) I'm so glad Daughter doesn't have school Monday...that's one less day she can get in trouble. (LOL) Unfortunately, summer school begins June 4th. Grrrrrrr....

Anyway...hope y'all relax this long weekend...I'll be having to help daughter complete all of the schoolwork she owes from being suspended 2x's in a row. Hope to get some much deserved alone time with my sweet husband squeezed in there...

Happy Friday!

Marg, it sounds like busy, busy times in your corner of the world! I know what you mean about easy child 2/difficult child 2, with our easy child friends always trump family. He'll call us (he lives 1 1/2 hours away from us, attending school) and say, "I might come home this weekend, it depends on whether or not anyone I know will be in town". husband and I always share a secret smile over that one...

Today is difficult child's last day of school! We've barely squeaked by and he is soooo ready for a break. Despite his socialization issues and my many conferences with teachers he was required to work on several "group" projects in the last few weeks. I'm very proud of him because he did his best but the stress is definitely showing. He plays bass clarinet in the school orchestra and they will be playing for the graduation ceremony next week. His band director sent home a note (for the 3rd time) stating difficult child is very talented and should take private lessons over the summer - listing the name and phone number of a teacher. Unfortunately difficult child has no interest in this and we've decided not to push on this. It's sad, though. difficult child took Suzuki Cello lessons from age 3 to age 8 and piano lessons from age 8 to age 13. All of his teachers have raved about his potential. Maybe someday?

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend!

change

Happy Friday to y'all too! I hav a wedding shower after work, then daughter's parent's day at fine arts academy, then hopefully some private time with sweet husband...FINALLY. (We've had a horrendous week.) It's a hot weekend in Texas but I love it like that so I hope the rest of you are having great weather too. Will spend time jogging and walking my big, beautiful puppy. It's so therapeutic.

hugs...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ahhhhhh...Friday! LOL Not that it really matters to me since I'm not working at the moment but still!

Marg - Sounds like a fun time except for the hooligans. Enjoy your visit with family!

Change - Gotta love Grandma's! Good luck with the homework and hope you get that time with husband.

1DAAT - Happy summer vacation! Too bad difficult child doesn't have an interest in persuing his music.....sounds like he could really do something with it.

husband is off today so I hope to get him to help me with a project or two around the house. difficult child is in school till June 2 and is supposed to have summer school. I think it's still in the air if he's going to do it, but it sounds like he has some leads on jobs. No big plans for the weekend either so we'll just play it by ear.

Have a good Friday and enjoy the long weekend!

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I just realised I goofed. I couldn't find a Friday thread, it was very late - so I started one. Don't know where this one was hiding. I only just found you, but we already have three replies to the other one.

Maybe it's going to be an extra good Friday for you all?

It's Saturday here already, I'd better head for bed.

Marg