Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:lady: Good Friday Morning Friends!!!

It's Free Choice Friday so I expect everyone to do or have something they want today!!!!

I've been up about an hour. I have my annual pap, physical, blood draw and mamo this morning! Nothing like taking care of everything in one fell swoop! The only downside is no coffee this morning.......

Lots of little things on my schedule after that, but nothing that can't be handled by a large coffee after the doctor's office!

Wishing everyone a great free choice and a fabulous friday :peaceful:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

Sharon/LDM, you are a very responsible person. Well done! You should have really enjoyed the coffee afterwards! And you remind me - I might go make myself a cappuccino when I've finished this post. So what if it's after dinner?

I spent a lot of today chasing paperwork for difficult child 1. I might post separately - he's still having hassles over his pension and his job. I need to sit with him and his fiancee and bring them both up to speed on how this all works. He needs an advocate and she seems happy to take him on, but I don't know if she can handle this level of bureaucratic bungling.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 is coming home to visit tomorrow. It was her birthday yesterday so I'll cook something she likes for dinner. BF2 won't be with her, he is working. Sat/Sun shifts pay more for them both, so they aim to work on weekends where they can, to make more money.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!!
Little Dudes Mom - You are going to need a stop at a SPECIAL coffee shop after your morning activities. I usually add dentist and eye exam to my day of annual check ups. (dentist always last)

Marg - I hope you can straighten out the paper work. Happy B-Day to easy child 2/difficult child 2.

We will be off on our long weekend in about 45 min. difficult child has been very anxious these past two days. I had to attend a council meeting at church last night and left after I gave my report (1 1/2 into the meeting). I announced my resignation as Sunday School Superintendent next May so thought I better give the report in person. I told husband that if they didn't get to my report by 8:30 I would be leaving and he could read the report. One person told me on Sunday that they had heard through the grapevine that I was resigning so that made it easier for me - no shock to anyone.

Anyway, the 1 1/2 hour at church was very difficult for difficult child (even though he had a movie to watch in the adjoining room). After my report, I announced that I was not running out on anyone but that these meetings get way too long for difficult child and I needed to get him home.

So, off to our adventure packed weekend. We are going to the Star Wars exhibit at the Science Museum, an acrobrat show, and the Grizzly exhibit at the MN Zoo. difficult child has asked sister in law if we can go to the Renaissance Festival so that he can ride an elephant again and we do want to go to Mall of America.

I will be back late Monday night - CD board withdrawal big time.

Good Morning also to all who may have snuck in - With only 2 posts on this thread when I started typing I am sure others are on at the same time.

Find a way to make your difficult child laugh today.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I hope by now you are enjoying your coffee:coffee: and can enjoy the rest of the day:)

Marg-Sounds like a frustrating day. Enjoy your visit with easy child 2/difficult child 2:)

I've already been to church this morning (it's a holy day) and now am going to take a nap. husband isn't feeling well and I'm tired so I might just skip my workout today.

easy child has cheer practice-husband is taking her. I think I might go to the pool for awhile.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Sharon, You are one organized lady. You will definitely deserve a wonderful cup of coffee. Enjoy!

Marg, isn't the paper chase a chore? I think it is a wonderful idea to sit down with difficult child 1 and his fiancee to pass along the paper. It will be a challenge for them, but they will be well trained. I know that easy child 2/difficult child 2 will enjoy her special meal. Happy Birthday to her!

I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee after completing conferences with two of difficult child's teachers. Although I do this kind of thing in my work, I find it to be incredibly stressful on the personal level. The special education department at difficult child's school just isn't getting the job done - so I've taken it upon myself to interface often and well with all of his teachers. For the most part, it is helpful for difficult child. We are lucky to have some wonderful teachers. I met with his Graphic Arts teacher and his Lit/Comp teacher today. The Graphic Arts teacher's best friend's son is Autistic - so I know we'll have a champion in him. Plus, difficult child will be doing photography and working in a dark room - this is right up his alley. The Lit/Comp teacher's sister teaches Special Education classes and reportedly has worked with several AS students. She plans to get together with her sister and brainstorm teaching ideas for difficult child. I think I batted 1000 this morning!

difficult child's 17th birthday is Monday. He can't think of any present he would like - so I guess we'll give him the never fail gift of currency - to buy or save as he likes!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Andy-You snuck in on me. I hope the weekend is a fun one and all goes well. "See" you on Monday night or Tuesday morning.