Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:cheer_up:It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week has gone by really fast for me since the kids were out of school for three days! But I'll take the weekend!

We are in for a spring weekend! Today will be in the high 60's, tomorrow the 70's and Sunday almost 80 :sunny:!!!! A far cry from the snow and 10 degree temps earlier this week.

My neice, my sister's 17 year old, will be with me tomorrow. Her dad (my ex brother in law) and his girlfriend and her 7 year old son are coming in town for a basketball tournement. Neice called the other night and asked if easy child and I were busy. Dad won't let her stay alone and she would rather be with us than with dad, girlfriend and son watching basketball! easy child works in the morning but we've planned several hours at a local mall then we'll pick up difficult child and head to our favorite Thai place for an early dinner.

I hope your Friday runs smoothly and you have a fabulous weekend :jumphappy:.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-70s and 80s-how cool is that? It sounds like you have a great day planned for tomorrow with your niece!

We hit close to 60 yesterday!! We have one more day in the 50s before it starts to cool down again but even so you can tell Spring is trying to get here.

I'm so glad it is Friday. It's been another long week and I need the weekend. We have another in home appointment. after school today and then I'm hoping for some serious rest time!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day folks. I'm grabbing a few minutes while difficult child 3 is in the shower, I have promised to let him back on the computer for a few minutes.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy your Spring weather. Our day was pleasantly mild today, warm in the middle of the day but cooler in the morning. The outing to the basketball tournament and then Thai dinner sounds like fun.

Sharon/WO, I hope you get your rest time in. Enjoy the early Spring, get a bit of Vitamin D while you can.

We had a busy day today, difficult child 3 had to see his psychologist. PLus I have been seeing a TV ad for cheap jeans in the last few days. As we left home and I realised that difficult child 3 was again wearing his favourite jeans which come halfway up his shins, I decided it was worth stopping to buy the cheap jeans. $20 instead of $70, while stocks last. It meant we were late to his appointment, but it was OK.

difficult child 3 has agreed to try wearing his new clothes (a problem - hence why he left home wearing his too-short jeans!) and actually wore his new jeans home, changing at husband's work where we went to right after the appointment, to collect husband.

I have a meeting tomorrow, I may be taking difficult child 3 with me. I'm hoping to drop in on difficult child 1 & daughter in law too, they're really hard to get hold of without a house phone.

Life is busy at the moment. difficult child 3's social life is geting busy, with friends wanting to spend time with him and other activities filling up. Keeping track of it all is tricky. But it's worth it!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - Have a great day! Spring like weather! Awww, what a great thing to think about and you will actually get it.

Wiped Out - You get a taste of Spring also! I hope you find that rest time. I will be looking for it also this weekend.

Marg - I am glad difficult child 3 likes his new jeans. Did you get more than one pair? It really is worth it to have your kids enjoying a healthy social life. Glad difficult child 3 is finding friends to hang out with.

This has been a long and very fun week. Yesterday's Movie Day was perfect. I am so glad we decided to show movies at school instead of having the stress of loading onto a bus and going to a movie theator and coming back. The kids were able to lay down on the floor in their p.j.s and blankets and pillows from home. We provided popcorn, juice pouches, M & M's and other candy. We have a member of the congregation who sells various candies and he donated some for the week. I told the kids that if I had known about this other candy, I wouldn't have brought the M & M's. One boy said that he is glad I brought them because we NEED chocolate to live.

Last night I took difficult child, Diva, and two other people to supper. We then went bowling. I had a coupon for two games of bowling for up to 4 people and difficult child wanted Diva, K, and I to go with him. The 5th person did not want to bowl so she just watched. Diva even turned down a babysitting job for this!

difficult child is breaking in his new bowling ball. The first 5 games he has had with it (3 on Wed and 2 last night) have not been good. I am so happy he finally met his average and even surpassed it with a 113 on our last game last night. He was getting so frustrated over not doing as well as normal for two days in a row. He felt a whole lot better after that 3 game. You could see his confidence in bowling back.

If he is not too tired after school today (early out) he will go with a friend to see a log cabin being built. The rafters are left and he will get to watch bark being taken off the trees.

Today is "Sticks Day" at school. The older kids will perform their sticks shows at a local nursing home.

I hope you all have a great day today! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Good morning, all! Sounds like things are going well for folks so far. I was out of town on business for a while and still catching up. [Or trying to, anyway!]

easy child is having some social problems at school and difficult child is actually managing to hold it together. I had them both in a foreign language class after school. The session has ended, but the teacher called us up to say that she would be continuing the class and would we be interested? Said that she was very impressed with difficult child and that he was doing so well. He said he wanted to continue so we've signed him up back up. I wasn't planning on it (the time is inconvenient for husband), but we so seldom get told he's doing well in any environment that I just couldn't take him out of something at which he was actually succeeding. Hope everyone has a good day!