Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie: Good Morning on Friday Friends!

We made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the cooler temps they say the rain this afternoon is bringing.....

Hitting the gym with easy child in about 15 minutes, then a couple quick errands while the house sleeps. Mom wants to hit Macy's this morning - translation - about three hours of wandering the store - then we'll go to easy child's apartment for coffee at 2. She's excited to show grandmother her place. My mom brought down a whole box of stuff from her house that she thought easy child could use.

The new fish taco recipe I tried last night was delish! Definately going to be in my recipe box! Tonight I'm cooking an eggplant dish with curry and authentic paratha bread!

Yesterday was easy child's first day of college. She was nervous. Her day went great! difficult child has made his decision as to where he wants to go for dinner for his birthday on Sunday, a local Japanese Steak House. He's baking his own cake on Saturday, he and I will go to the movies on Sunday afternoon, and then when easy child gets off work Sunday night, we'll go out to eat. Much easier when the kids get older and the party planning is over!!

Have a great day all :peaceful:!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, dinner sounds great. I could do with your inspiration here tonight. We're having leftover Moroccan beef tonight.

We only just got home about half an hour ago, just finished unpacking the shopping. We left just on sunrise to head for the city. Dropped husband off at work (along with some stuff he needed to be driven in there) then headed for difficult child 3's school. We got in there much earlier than expected and left messages with the relevant teachers. While waiting for them to turn up I walked to the mail room and handed in his completed work. When I got back, TWO teachers were talking to difficult child 3, we got some stuff sorted out and some good feedback. Then difficult child 3 went outside with his PE teacher to work on some ball skills with bocce. An hour later we were on our way again, to the research team and the therapist appointment. That took us until after lunchtime, when we headed for McDonalds drive-thru. difficult child 3 ate while we headed back towards the mall in our district to do some grocery shopping. Then time to head for home - well after school hours now. We got back at 5 pm, a bit late for the tennis lesson but difficult child 3 wanted to do it anyway. While he grabbed his gear I unpacked the frozen stuff. It was all I had time for.

I'm so glad I did a lot of cooking last night - all we have to do tonight is cook some rice. For difficult child 3, we already have his home-cooked meal served up, we re-heat and while he's eating we get to take our time getting our meal how we want it. I've always fed the kids first - I enjoy my meal much better when the kids aren't whining because they're hungry, or it's too hot/too cold, or something else is wrong. That'swhen we're eating informally, such as after a day like today.

It started out cold but it has been getting warmer and warmer. Even after sunset down at the tennis court, it has been so warm it felt like you could sleep outside comfortably, with no need for blankets. But now a cool change has blown through, with the occasional drop of rain in it. The wind is getting stronger. I got yesterday's washing in, just in time!

They are doing hazard reduction burns today to the south of us, plus there are big fires out of control further south. The winds are giving them some trouble with both. They had hoped the hazard reduction burn would be out by now, plus the change has come through four hours early.

Tomorrow is another day out of the village, I have to go to the regional city to the library for a meeting. Meanwhile easy child 2/difficult child 2 will be coming here (to an empty house) to do another fitting for one of her bridesmaids. So I'll get back from my meeting and hit the ground running. I have planned ahead - I'll be home in time to put a roast chook on. I find a roast dinner makes for an easy, nourishing meal with scope for leftovers. When life gets busy like it is now, we survive on quality planned leftovers!

I'm tired tonight, definitely another early night indicated. Hopefully difficult child 3 will cooperate - between the extra workout at tennis plus the groundwork we laid today at the therapist, we should all be snoozing early tonghit.

Enjoy your Friday!

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. TGIF!
It's been a busy week.
LDM, could it be that both our difficult child's share a birthday? My difficult child turns 25 on Sunday. I'm glad to hear easy child is enjoying her first day of school. Grandmother is a peach for bringing some nice things for easy child. I know they will mean a lot.
I'm impressed difficult child is baking a cake.

Marguerite, glad to hear you are coming out of the winter cold. I'm sure it makes you want to get outside. I also like to make enough to have leftovers a little later in the week. We had enough leftover rigatoni in meat sauce to feed two young adult males for lunch for a few days.

It's been a good couple of weeks for difficult child. I hope this isn't a jinx. He had a second interview for a decent job with potential for improvement. It went very well as reported by job coach. Background check is being done. Waiting for the offer but nothing is certain but we are hopeful.
It appears difficult child has a female friend. They seem to be growing a dating relationship. She has been invited to join our family for a birthday celebration. She is quite nice and more like difficult child as far as initiative. We have met her a time or two and I called her mom just so they knew difficult child wasn't out there all alone with their only child. Mom seemed to appreciate it.
Of course, difficult child is wearing contacts, dressing nicely, working on slimming down and is generally over the moon with the series of positive happenings in his life. He is impeccably turned out. Who is this guy?
He told female friend that they should take it slow so she can get to know him and his family. Meanwhile, I'm planning a wedding. :rofl: Just kidding of course. I don't want his heart hurt so I am wary but everyone experiences heart break and we have tried to keep him close to his peer group in terms of life experiences. Although if she can balance a check book I may bribe her to stay with difficult child. :check_writer:
It is a series of events that make life a little more hopeful from a year ago.
Keep a good thought for our difficult child. He is trying to grow into the person he wants to be.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, we have enjoyed easy child who seems more mature and thoughtful after a year of supporting himself. We return him to college life on Sunday. Sigh.

Enjoy your weekend. We are planning a birthday celebration Saturday night for difficult child. It will be a good time.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

O.k. giving this a second try-had nice responses typed out when my cord came out of our laptop and the computer shut off-this happens too often but this is the first time while I was responding to a thread-hope this isn't how the entire day is going to be. (Our laptop has gone through so many chargers since we bought this Dell, right now we have a cord that works when plugged in but doesn't do any charging-a royal pain). Rant done!

Sharon-Glad to hear easy child's first day was so successful. How neat that difficult child is baking his own cake; my easy child loves to make herself a homemade cheese cake for her birthday most years. Be sure to post that fish taco recipe in the healthy living forum.

Marg-Your day sounds exhausting, hope you are all snoozing by now.

Fran-I have the biggest smile after reading your post. It's great to hear difficult child is doing so well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the job! It's nice to hear easy child is doing well. Is he going back to the same college as his freshman year?

An unusually cool day ahead. This entire summer has been cool overall. Today they are only calling for the mid 60s as highs.

This morning we will drop off difficult child and probably come back to nap as husband and I stayed up way too late last night. We need to get to the club this morning and sometime between noon and 2:00 we are suppose to get our new garage door!! We will finally be back to a two vehicle family.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - You have a nice weekend planned. Apartments are so much fun for young adults leaving home. Happy birthday to difficult child.

Marg - You packed a lot into today. I hope you have a very refreshing night's sleep for your busy day tomorrow.

Fran - I is so nice when our kids spend time with someone we actually approve of. I hope the best for difficult child and his new friend. And if by chance it is not to be, may she let him down ever so gently.

I am procrastinating this morning. Wanted to be at work at 7:00 am but with difficult child leaving with his dad for overnight, I need to get his stuff packed and ready to go. I also would like him slightly awake when I say good-bye.

difficult child's anxiety is rising again with school starting and this overnight trip. He thinks God is putting me down in the cities this weekend because something will happen to him and God wants me close by.

When I commented that I thought the new medications were helping him to feel better, difficult child told me that he stopped feeling better a couple weeks ago. I am going to call psychiatrist today and see if maybe an increase in Citalopram (?spelling) may not be in order. He is on a very low dose right now. We do not want him to get into being too anxiety ridden - but to find that place where the medications and his tools balance. I have to sift through my own anxiety over his struggles so I am not trying to over medicate just to get rid of those weird feelings. Guess that is why psychiatrists are there to help. psychiatrist and therapist know him well and have a good handle on where he is at and what he can handle.

husband and difficult child are headed to sister in law's to pick up a love seat. They will go to a Vikings Game tonight. difficult child says he is nervous about that. He says he never feels well when we eat out in the cities so hopes they only eat out once. This will be a good thing for him to work on overcoming. How in the world did I of all people get a kid who doesn't like to eat out or be out in public for that fact? Don't you wonder sometimes how your kids received certain traits?

Diva and I are headed to the Cities to my sister's. There is a Car and Craft show at my sister's church tomorrow. Diva was able to get a booth to set up her new product. We have been told to expect not much sales but more bookings. That means weekends in the cities coming up until she finds a representative to take over those bookings.

I am trying to get in extra hours at work to make up for next Wed when I am gone and also a few extra hours on my extra project that I can earn more time for in doing.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, easy child has transferred to a univ in Florida. He will continue to work part time.
I hope your cool weather comes our way soon. Are you enjoying the calm before the storm of school starting?

Andy, neither of my boys tend to have friends who are objectionable. It's one of the few things I can't complain about. Thanks for the good thoughts. Hope difficult child's anxiety doesn't take the pleasure away from him.