Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:princess: We made it! It's Friday! Good Morning!

Busy day ahead for me - I'm sure it's the same for all of you.

We are expecting our first frost tonight and it has all the fall and winter lovers around here excited! We love when the cold hits! Is it snow yet??????!!!!!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy your cold snap. Time to plant the bulbs for spring. Here in Australia we often have to put our flower bulbs in the fridge to give them a proper chill before we plant them in the garden. If we don't, they may not get chilled enough to flower properly. In some parts of Australia this isn't a problem but it certainly is in our area.

We've had a quiet day here today. difficult child 3 did some study (exams beginning Monday) and I've got some work done. I also managed to fit in a couple of local errands when I needed to take a break from work.

Tomorrow is another quiet day, hopefully I'll get some more work done. It's good to get some catch-up time at last.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

It's Friday!!!

Sharon, first frost....brrr....I could see the vapor from my breath when I just went out to get my newspaper. Much too cold for me :-0

Marg, aren't bulbs wonderful? I think they are one of nature's little wonders. I love them because they always deliver, unlike seeds which can be unreliable. Enjoy your quiet time because you've definitely earned it.

Today is shaping up to be another mild, sunny day. This is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. I'll be working at home today (I love it) and popping out to the Y for a workout at lunchtime. easy child and husband are training for a marathon in early December - so the entire house is full of anticipation. This will be easy child's first marathon ,and it is in Hawaii - so it's doubly exciting.

I have to attend a training conference tomorrow from 8 to 5 - the entire day shot. But, it will be held at our local zoo - which is definitely a lovely place to be. We'll take a break mid-day to observe the feeding of the gorillas. They are such fascinating creatures. One day I was observing them from an indoor viewing room and a female gorilla came up to the window and sat down directly in front of me, peering at me intently. She put her hand up to the window, and I placed my next to hers. It was an intense moment and I really felt a sense of kinship with her!

I hope everyone is able to find some quiet moments of peace for themselves today.

Valerie

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GOOD MORNING!!!

I woke 20 minutes early because I got too hot and couldn't sleep. This after being up an hour and a half late because a friend came over and we talked until late. Oh well. I'm wide awake anyway and chugging coffee so I stay that way for a while!

I love Fridays.

I don't plant bulbs - I have a black thumb. The plants the kids gave me 2 years ago for Mother's Day are surviving, but one looked pretty bad this morning. Oh well. Out of 5, I still have 3 - one is a mini rose bush and is outside, which means husband really takes care of it. Thank goodness, because I can't keep inanimate living things alive!

Today has started out quiet, which worries me... But it's all good.

horserider

Frost here also in Michigan, but should go up to a whooping 50 degrees!, 60 tomorrow. So enjoying my couple days off b4 my new job Monday. I may go horse back riding today, at 49 and counting backwards it's always an adventure (rode/owned horses previously), but one kind of exercise I love.

Marg - Australia (and Hawaii) is one of the places on my must see before I kick the bucket list. You are so lucky to live there. I always read your posts with interest.

Have a great Friday, and weekend everyone

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, we've had snow, it's gone for a while but will be back in force soon. Enjoy your bit of winter chill. You really need to come & visit sometime in December. ;)

Marg, I've never dealt with bulbs. The bloom just never lasts very long. If you have suggestions for something other than tulips or daffodils I'd love to hear.

Val, sounds like a wonderful day ~ enjoy the animals while you study.

Step, black thumbs don't exist. Haven't you heard you need to water plants. Wait, it's talk to them while you water them. :D I have more plants than I can count & 4 violets plus one cylamen are blooming like crazy - it's spring in my kitchen.

The sun is shining & it's supposed to hit 50 degrees today. I have piano lessons & nothing else.

I'm taking a respite weekend - too much pain & other things from the PT. I now have to switch from regular PT to pool therapy if I want to get the strength & flexibility I need (or so they say).

Have a good Friday.

TPaul

Idecor8
Good Friday guys and dolls,
Hope everyone has a calm and uneventful day. I am stepping out on a limp and taking my difficult child today to help me in my booth at the mall. We are working on our booths to get them reworked and decorated for Christmas. We have a big open house to coinside with a large annual Arts and Crafts festival and the Festival of Lights kick off in our community. Levi is good at helping with physical stuff and will work hard when he knows he will make a little dough for his efforts. My only draw back is that I was so tired last night I forgot to give him his medications and just gave them to him about 30 minutes ago. Hope they do not make him droopy.

Will try to get pics of the booth posted after I get everything done for mine and a couple of other peoples booths + the owners areas.

Have a great day everyone
Tpaul