Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Friday is here!

Got my tree up last last night :christmaslights:, lights only so far, the decorations will go on up today :forchristmas:. It's nice to sit here with my coffee this morning with the fire and the tree. I just love this time of the year.

Going to the gym for class at 6, a few errands this morning and around the house before tackling the tree. This afternoon after difficult child gets out of school, my cousin, easy child and I will be going to a local Christmas Bazaar that we've been going to for 12 years! The season has begun!

Fran, if you read this - you doing the parade tomorrow? Weather is supposed to be wet and cold - would love to offer you a warm cup of coffee!

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

Sharon/LDM, difficult child 3 put up and decorated our tree on 1 December. Amazingly, he hasn't got the Advent calendar up yet. Maybe it's not so much fun now he's the only kid in the house.

We've had a busy day. difficult child 3 came out with me - although he still has some schoolwork to finish off, his teaches aren't expecting any of it. His PDHPE teacher rang me today while we were out, I told him that difficult child 3 is working on the next PDHPE lesson and the teacher was astonished - I gather few other students are doing this.

We got our first instalment of our year's supply of free Tim Tams yesterday. They were slightly warm and the outer layer of chocolate was melted, so we'll have to let them firm up before we open them. The next instalment won't arrive until colder weather so there shouldn't be a melting problem.

I saw the chiropractor this morning, then the neurologist. The neurologist wants me to try a new medication (one I think I've tried before, either with no effect or problems). He also wants me to have another nuclear scan, to see what they can find with regard to bursitis in my hips. I'm fed up with the pain and the lack of sleep.

All this week I've been trying to find the time to organise tickets for a writers luncheon in the city tomorrow; I finally got it organised this evening, certain it would be too late. But it wasn't! So I'm going after all, I haven't been to this event for years, not since difficult child 3 first began correspondence school. This year it's on a Saturday which also makes it easier. And it's later in the year, closer to Christmas. I'm looking forward to it very much. I'll have to go in by public transport though, which means some walking on my sore hips and torn calf muscles. But it's a lovely part of Sydney, near the Queen Victoria Building which is extra beautiful for Christmas (they have perhaps the biggest indoor Christmas tree in the world, somehow assembled inside this historic and beautiful building). Very exclusive shops, you feel a million bucks just walking through the place and window shopping. And since I'm going to dress up for the luncheon, I'll feel even more like I belong (even if I know it's all show).

It's nice to pretend for a day!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

SRL

Sharon and Marg, you're way ahead of me if you have your tree up. I still have to clear out space for the trees.:tongue: The plan is to put them up this weekend but I'm not holding my breath. I'm kicking myself for not being on top of some cleaning/organizing tasks earlier.

Marg, I haven't been sleeping well lately either. Mine is temporary so I can imagine how weary you must feel with an ongoing problem.

Today is fine arts and home Easy Child day at our homeschool. Translated that means daughter and I are going to see the Nutcracker and coming home and baking cookies. :)

Have a good day, everyone. Hopefully next week I'll be able to report having a cup of tea in front of the tree.

Marguerite

SRL, on the home-baked cookies front - something that Aussie mags are recommending this year, is cookies which you can assemble like toys so they stand up. Reindeer with legs that slot in, for example. You can make simple ones by cutting out, say, star shapes then cutting a slot halfway up into the star shapes. Make the slot as wide as the cookies are thick (don't do this with cookies that rise or spread out). Then when the stars are baked, you can slide the two pieces together and have a three-dimensional star. If you do this with Christmas tree shapes, then you have cookie trees which stand up.

Or another one - cut out star cookies in a range of sizes then assemble them from the largest to the smallest, in a stack. Sandwich them together with green frosting and rotate them so the points are offset, and you have a free-standing tree made of star cookies.

I'm sure if you search online you can find some patterns for making your own 3-D cookies. You could even poke a hole through the top of them before baking, so you can use them as edible tree ornaments.

Have fun!

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Good for you for getting your tree up already! I wish mine was up-maybe tonight. I was thinking of you last night because we had our first snowfall-nothing major only an inch or so but it was so beautiful coming down:snowing:

Marg-I'm so glad you are going to the luncheon-really happy it wasn't too late. Enjoy:)

SRL-Your plans for the day sound wonderful! Have fun!:D

Another night where I didn't go to the health club-I need a swift kick to get me going (last night we used the excuse of the snow but there really wasn't much out there and the late time-already after 9 by the time difficult child was asleep-husband didn't get home with easy child until almost 8).

I truly hope to get to the club today-I so need it and not only physically but mentally has well!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

SRL

You could even poke a hole through the top of them before baking, so you can use them as edible tree ornaments.

Have fun!

Marg

The 3-D ornaments sound fun but I'll take a pass on the edible tree ornaments. One year I spent hours making gingerbread men ornaments. One night I was laying in bed and started hearing plopping sounds. In the morning I woke to find all the gingerbread men succumbing to the humidity and lying dead around the base of the tree. :forchristmas:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. It's always good to have a Friday arrive.

LDM, I love this time of year also. Having seen the Rockettes show I'm really in the christmas spirit. We will finish this weekend with decorations too. Then on to baking. :xmasdancers:
The parade ends up to be in Middlesburg. It's a 5hr trip one way. I'm not sure I am up for 12 hrs of 3 dogs and me traveling the country side. I have info that they expect snow. In the end, I will not attend but I would have loved to see 50 of the Pyrs marching in the parade.

Marguerite, I'm sorry to hear about your pain and not sleeping. I'm sure it makes you weary. We haven't used an Advent calendar for a while. The boys did love opening the doors every day.

SRL, I know what you mean about not getting to the organizing early enough. Being out with daughter sounds like much more fun.

WO, I know not getting to the work outs bothers you. Hope you can get back to what you love. I am having the opposite right now. I'm doing those early morning work outs but not doing so good avoiding the richer foods. Such is my cycle of eating healthy and living a healthier life. When you get a boot in the bottom to get started, send one my way.

I'm thinking of baking nut rolls. I haven't made one in a very long time but they are a favorite with my family so I figured I'd make 2 or 3 and freeze them. I doubt you could hang them on the tree though.

Have a good day everyone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Sounds like all are in the Xmas spirit. I haven't done a bit of decorating or baking - I'll decorate. Not so sure about the baking bit.

kt & I are planning the decorating this weekend ~ we'll see how it goes. I'm not planning on picking kt up until noon on Saturday.

Sharon(ldm), coffee in front of the tree sounds wonderful.
Marg, have fun at your conference.
Sharobn (with-o), your workouts will "work themselves out" (hehe). You get yourself so stressed this time of year something will have to give. Wish it weren't the activity you crave.
SRL, enjoy the play & baking, sounds fun.
Fran, I'm hoping to get orange pecan cookies rolled & in the freezer this weekend. I love those types of cookies; you can take them out when you run out.

I have piano, Occupational Therapist (OT) & speech today. The nightmares of scheduling therapy - what more can I say? It's a balmy 13 degrees in my back yard & I swear I have on 3 pair of socks this morning.

Have a good day.

nodramamama

Yay! After having a pretty dismal Thanksgiving weekend, I'm sooooo ready for a peaceful one! We haven't figured out where to put the tree yet (teeny house with 5 people) but I'm starting with the outdoor lights and hoping inspiration hits on the tree location. Kids have all settled down some, difficult child 2 said he was sad that he's going back to other mom's house for the weekend - and that's a BIG first! The holiday spirit is settling in! Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!