Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:coldday: Happy Free Choice Friday!!!!

One more week before Christmas break! difficult child is beside himself!

It's really cold out this morning - for folks like Sharon (WO) and Linda (Timer), it's a heat wave here - but for central virginia a morning below 30 is COLD! Hitting the pool these cold winter mornings is tough.....

I hope your Friday is a good one!

:forchristmas:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

It's a balmy 4 below zero here in wonderland this morning.

After all my remodeling, I discovered a leak of some sort over my new kitchen window. The contractor came out & decided it was something to do with my hew roof & the flashing - it the meantime the leak continues along with a mold issue if it isn't taken care of soon. Ick....

A busy day ahead - discharge planning for kt, piano lessons & then out to get my H1N1 shot. The second wave of this flu is hitting our state.

The best part of my day will be piano - I so look forward to piano today.

Have a calm day, friends - stay warm.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks for moving my thread Sharon....

I had pool therapy yesterday afternoon & thought I would die walking from the pool (slowly with my walker) to the locker room. My goodness those halls & locker rooms need to be heated more.

Stay warm this morning while you're out at your class.

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Linda,

We posted about five minutes apart this morning! I used the merge thread function to put our posts together. Sounds like you have a full day today.

Get the general contractor to contact the roofer asap. It's his responsibility to make sure the defect is corrected NOW. A flashing issue is a quick and easy fix and a good roofer can see the issue with a quick visual.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-The pool at those temps does make it hard. I remember when we used to take the kids to swimming lessons when they were about 3 years old. They loved it-the thought of getting into the water when it was winter and cold to me was horrible!

Linda-I hope you are able to get the roof taken care of right away! Do be sure to find some time for a nap in your busy day!

The weather is still the big story here. It's so cold that the salt won't work on the roadways so lots of roads are very icy. Yesterday it took husband almost 2 hours to get to work and it took me an hour and 15 minutes-usually we both have a 30 minute drive. The ride home took each of us just over an hour. They are expecting the same road conditions again today. Tomorrow it should be warm enough for them to salt!

After work today I'm getting a haircut-nothing major but I haven't had it cut since March so I'm really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!

Also difficult child heads to respite for the weekend after school today!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Rabbit

Good morning Friends! Nothing new here except I am having computer issues.When difficult child 1 gets home from college today hopefully he will fix my computer! No time to address each of you personally but I will keep each of you in my prayers. Hugs Rabbit:D

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/LDM, you're still swimming in such cold weather? You'd be a shoe-in over here in Sydney with the Bondi Icebergs. They go swimming every day of the year including midwinter, when they put large blocks of ice in thew swimming pool. But it IS the sea, there is a limit on how cold it can get in a Sydney winter. Luxury!

Linda, what a pest to have the leaking roof when you've had all that work done. I hope you can fix it soon enough to prevent the mould problem.
I'm glad you're having the flu shot, I hope it sits OK with you. It will give you peace of mind.

With both of you on the subject of cold weather and pools - I remember going in the hot springs in the NZ winter. The air temperature was a couple of degrees above zero but the hottest part of the pool was like a very hot bath. At one point easy child & I moved to a lower (and cooler) pool where it was lukewarm but had spa bubbles. Still too warm to swim, but oh, the wonderful warmth seeping all the way into your bones! We got out and walked through the wintry outdoor air to the changing rooms, and didn't feel the cold a bit!

Sharon/WO, stay safe on the roads. I can't imagine how cold it must be for you.

Rabbit, I hope you can get your computer fixed soon.

Well, today was difficult child 3's presentation day. mother in law came too although she was feeling especially frail. I wasn't much better. We went in to the city by train, had a problem when the turnstile "ate" difficult child 3's return ticket (I have to make a fuss, the system really stinks although it only cost us another $3 to get him back home).

difficult child 3's was not an academic award, it was a major school citizenship award, a "this is an enthusiastic student" award. Plus I was given an inaugural citizenship award for services to the school above and beyond - they have leaned on me a lot tis year and it was their way of saying thank you. difficult child 3's award included a $100 voucher for the mall, mine was a large hamper (which we had to get home by train somehow).

It was a lovely day, the awards ceremony could have been tedious but wasn't, it was well done. Because a lot of these correspondence kids are performing arts talented, the quality of the entertainment was fabulous. The kids enrolled in this school are a real mix. Because it is correspondence, the majority of kids enrolled did not attend, so that also kept things briefer. There would have only been about 500 people there.

difficult child 3 & I were given seats right up the front, which was lovely. mother in law & husband were sat with us, also great. But the crowd and the accumulated hassles were beginning to tell on difficult child 3, although he held things together during the proceedings, afterwards when people were mingling informally he found himself a quiet corner and got out his Nintendo DS. The teachers understand - it is how he copes.

We headed hoome afterwards. I had planned to do some grocery shopping while we were out, but was just too tired and the hamper had chocolate in it, it would not have fared well being left in the summer sun in the car. A good excuse anway.

We got home, dropped mother in law off, then once home I catnapped. Bliss - pain is easing, I could sleep. Then I got to work on the song sheets I'm doing for the community carols service. Tricky, because the program is still changing. But my weekend is getting busy, I need to get this done ASAP. I went from go to whoa with text only, in about an hour. That included the phone calls to find out what was included and what was being dropped. I've spent the next few hours searching for suitable graphics and working on the desktop publishing document. It's good I'm experienced with this! difficult child 3 is hovering, he's been waiting to get back to the main computer tonight. He can have it - I'm heading for bed, hopefully to sleep better at long, long last. If these injections work at last, it will be the first time on tewo and a half years, being able to sleep with some degree of comfort.

We have one more week of school left, Tuesday next we go in to school for another special ceremony for the Principals Awards kids. I'm hoping to maybe arrange to meet up with a couple more of next year's teachers for difficult child 3, perhaps collect the worksheets for the beginning of next year too. It's a long trip in for us, we try to use the time efficiently. We'll also be in to the city on Friday for difficult child 3's therapist appointment (postponed from today) but I don't think the school will be officially open, it's the last day when teachers pack up for the holidays. Maybe difficult child 3 & I can stop off in the city CBD to look at Christmas lights and play chess in Hyde Park (giant chess set).

Who knows? The days fill up as fast as we approach them, there is still so much to do...

At least my hips are beginning to feel better! yay!

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

TPaul

Idecor8
Good morning ladies and gents. Hope today goes well for all of you! Be glad when things slow down so I can read and respond to more post!!!!

Hugs and high fives to all,
Tpaul

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning folks. Hope your weekend is looking promising.

Marguerite, I'm pretty sure LDM swims indoors in a heated pool. Brrrrrrrrr.

LDM, I'm sure difficult child is beside himself. My difficult child is just buzzing around helping me with carrying boxes and gearing up for the holidays.

Timer, isn't that so frustrating when you find work that's done is not done correctly which then leads to other problems.

with-O hope you love your haircut. Mine continues to get shorter and shorter. It's a razor cut now and is shorter than husband's. :bigsmile: I love it.

Rabbit, nice to see you. Hope the computer starts working right.

TPaul, I imagine it is quite busy this time of year. Hope to see you back soon.

I went to the dentist to find I need a new bridge. Sheesh. Not the news I wanted to hear. Sigh.

:nurse:

In the meantime, I am rushing around trying to be ready for the holidays. :shopping:

Hope you have a weekend of either relaxation or holiday festivities. I am invited to two different parties and looking forward to seeing some folks I haven't seen for a while. Of course there are no calories in any holiday food. :treadmill:

Have yourself a merry holiday weekend and for those of you who aren't celebrating, get some satisfaction that you aren't in the middle of the craziness. :sleeping: