Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:sled: It's Free Choice Friday! :skate:

It's Friday! Alwasy a reason to be happy!

I can't believe the snow this country has been having this last month. I just heart that Dallas has 11.5 inches!! That's crazy. And, this southern storm will actually bring snow to the shores of South and North Carolina.....that doesn't happen often! Fran, if you read this morning thread, I know the pups will be having a blast!

I've got a lot of little things to do today. I've got a little gathering this evening for the opening of the Olympics and also some usual Friday catching up stuff. Should be running until about 5 or 6.

Wishing everyone a great day-enjoy the snow southerners :snowangel:!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday Friends!

Sharon-The snow has been unusual this year (and for once not here:)). I am very excited about the opening ceremonies tonight. I feel a bit guilty but I'm going to skip our school carnival because I really want to see it.

Cold here again this morning but the afternoons have not been too bad. I'm so happy it is Friday. I think it will be a long day as we will be celebrating Valentine's Day at school. Of course, it means lots of sugar and lots of excited children! It will be fun but it's good it's a Friday so we don't have school again tomorrow after all the excitement1

Wishing everyone a fun Friday:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon(s), have fun watching the Olympic opening this evening. Wiped Out, I see no reason to feel guilt for taking some personal time.

I'll be traveling all day today ~ on my way down to see my family & the annual cook off. More importantly, it seems my dad is getting a bit more fragile; he's not eating as he should.

Tomorrow should take care of that for a day.

A good day to you all ~ hope there's one reason to smile today.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon (LDM)- I think this is the winter a lot of Americans will remember. As in... Do you remember the winter of 2010? We (like WO) have not had nearly as much as the Atlantic seaboard yet. I say yet because I don't wish to jinx the Buffalo area ;)

Sharon (WO)- I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony as well. Duckie has her Valentine's Day celebration today... she's going to come home a sugared mess and starts winter break. She'll be reeaallllyy excited, lol!

So I'll be cleaning and recovering from the 100th day of kindergarten. The kids were cute and it was fun! Plus I got to tease my middle school-aged girl scouts that the little ones were better behaved and better listeners. LOL!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

everywoman

Good morning all. I usually don't get to respond to the morning thread, but it's a teacher workday today, so I get to go in 30 minutes than my usually arrival time.
Sharon---the little event sounds like fun. Hopefully you have less on the agenda for tomorrow.
WO---have a great Friday---no students for me today---
Linda, I hope you and kt have a great time with your family. What are you cooking this year?
TM--I so recall those 100 day celebrations. I miss those days sometimes.

We are expecting snow to start later today. They are now predicting 4-6 inches...that's a lot of us. I've got to get to the store before I come home because we have NO food in the house. My last basketball game was last night, and I am looking forward to having some free afternoons for a while.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

A very quick greeting to you all, it's after midnight here but I've been busy on the phone. I posted over in Watercooler about my mammogram results.

At least I got to the beach today - I even had a brief swim. The sand was so hot, it burnt the soles of my feet! The water was warm, though. Then I could see the clouds building and the forecast afternoon storms were rolling in. By the time I got out to my doctor's appointment, the rain had started and we could hear the thunder. But after such a scorching hot day, most of the rain evaporated.

The doctor gave me the news - yes, the biopsy was positive. So it's cancer. But probably early. I see the surgeon on Tuesday. I talked to husband while I was there.

Went to see mother in law afterwards, told her, messaged the kids and a couple of friends, then came home, got dinner and rang some of my sisters.

Coming home was tricky - so much fog on the road, all from the rain drying off the hot road. Suited my mood. Being alone in the car on a bush road is a good time to scream if you feel like it. Not that I really felt like it. But I know it's there when I need it. Good to know.

I'm OK, believe it or not. But I'd better get to bed and get some sleep. We have to go out and get mother in law tomorrow from the hospital, then do some shopping.

Enjoy your Friday. Here's hoping it's better than mine (although the beach bit was good).

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - Enjoy your opening ceremony party!

Wiped Out - A very fun day for your school kids today. I had a dream about helping at a school fun day. I thought it was because of the activities I helped with last week, are planning for next Friday, and will set up for EVERY day starting March 1st for a week but maybe it was to help you also?

Timer - have safe travels!

Tired - 100 day celebrations are so cool! It does seem to defy logic how the older a kid gets the less he/she behaves! :) giggles I see it a lot also! Those middle aged kids are so much fun to tease when they are in their age common behavior zones.

Everywoman - hard to believe there is enough snow left to dump on you when everyone/everywhere else has gotten more than their share of snow. Have a great day!

difficult child is skiing today! I have taken too many days off of work and need to put in some hours to catch up on some work. I hope there is paper when I get in. We are running out fast and I need 30 pages for one project and 22 to print out some more papers I need for another job duty. We are suppose to get some more and the word is we WILL not have enough to last until July 1st when more monies will be available! Maybe I should just plan to take the month of June off? I can not do my work without paper!
I will most likely end up bringing in my own just to get my job done.

I will work 6 - 8 hours today and then have a to-do-list to follow after work. difficult child and I were in Fargo for the day yesterday. Lots and lots of shopping for next Friday's Day School projects. Still can not find pine cones. Will look one more place in town today and then may have to change our plans on that project. difficult child did well - he isn't the best of shoppers. I had told him if he was going to complain that I would drive him the hour back to school to finish the last class and return to my shopping on my own. I wouldn't care if it was an extra 2 hours driving - it would be worth it. My supply list was too long to listen to him whining while trying to think of what I needed and where to get everything. He stopped complaining in short order and did very well the rest of the day. I went as quickly as I could and gave him time in Best Buy to do his thing. He was also allowed to go next door to a pet store when I was in one of the craft stores so that also helped ALOT!

Sitting here watching/listening to husband and difficult child get out the door like chickens with their heads cut off! Ugh - How old are they and they still can't manage without my help! difficult child just came back in the house - forgot his hat and mittens which may come in handy at the ski slope don't you think? sigh

Anyway, I better get going. The sooner I get to work, the sooner I will get done. It will be a wonderful day for skiing for difficult child and the day school kids!

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

crazymama30

Good morning all.

Marg, my thoughts are with you. Hope all goes well.

I am on day 2 of my 4 day weekend! This afternoon we leave for a Hot Spring in Eastern Oregon. I am going with my mom, sis and easy child. We will stay overnight and return tommorrow. I am feeling really good about going, and cannot wait. This has been a busy week, full of bill paying due to my tax refund and I even managed to get a few treats! Got difficult child and easy child 2 new Wii games for Valentine's (through the Amazon link on the site so it should support the site)!

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!