Happy free choice friday!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:cheerleader: We finally made it to the end of the week! And what a week it has been for me at work....the stress is exhausting.....

Tonight we are supposed to maybe have our first touch of winter weather - a brief period of sleet - I think I got gypped on my winter weather this year ladies! Not one white stuff sighting yet....

I may not get back on during the day and wanted to send a special message to Jo (Hearts and Roses) - been thinking about you and your recovery and read on yesterday's morning post, last night, that you were feeling a little down and alone - here's a hug and smile for you to begin the day :bigsmile: :hugs:

Wishing everyone a great Friday and a fabulous free choice!

Sharon

StressedM0mma

Good Morning LDM and all who follow! It has been a great morning so far. difficult child was ready on time again this morning! And she was pretty pleasant too!! I have my therapy appointment today, and then difficult child and I are going to go pick up our new Foster Dog. Then this evening difficult child asked if we could make cupcakes that look like penguins. (Have one of those cookbooks that have food and animal cupcake recipes.) Have to go drink my coffee and get a shower. I have to pick difficult child and neighbor up at 9:00. ( exam week)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-I'm sorry you aren't getting the white stuff-I'd happily send you ours! Thankfully we haven't had much but we are to pick up some more of it today.

Stressed-Glad to hear your day has started out so well:) You deserve it and I hope the whole day stays as nice!

Went to book club last night. It was a ton of fun. The author was local and came to our book club-very cool!

So not looking forward to today. We are suppose to pick up about 5 inches of snow so driving home will be miserable. Usually I have the better car but husband is heading out of town so I'll have the car with the not good tires.
Then when I get home I get to shovel-ugh!

I'm sure though that it will look beautiful!!
:snowing:

Wishing all a beautiful day!

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), Hope you have a relaxing weekend after such an exhausting, stressful week at work! We have about an inch of snow, more expected this afternoon and evening before it turns to freezing rain. I'll have to get outside before it freezes, box it up, and mail it to you, lol... Right now it's a balmy 7 degrees:frozen:. Got to think summery thoughts...:beach:... Marg, how about sending a bit of warmth, sunshine this way...?

StressedMOmma, It's nice to hear that your day is off to a great start! I bet those penguin cupcakes will be adorable. I love that you're taking in a foster dog.

Sharon (WO), Glad you enjoyed the book club. Sorry to hear that you're having similar weather to ours. Hope your commute home isn't too bad. Stay safe! Where is that tropical island? I'm more then ready...

I'm almost finished unpacking boxes. While the apartment is nice, there isn't enough closet space. Not really sure what I'm going to do with some of our belongings. Before the move, I gave away everything that we don't need, can't use, so giving more things away isn't an option. Also have to go to the grocery store. It's supposed to get nasty later and we're out of just about everything. I'm in the mood for soup, maybe I'll make some...

Hope everyone has a good day and an excellent weekend... SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good Friday morning everyone!

Sharon (LDM), thank you for your thoughts. I hope your weekend is relaxing, as it sounds like you've earned it!

SM, enjoy that fur baby and could you pack up a couple of those penguin cupcakes and ship them to me? They sound yummy!

Sharon (WO), please be careful driving later! I hope you have a nice evening after all is done.

SFR, I hope your day goes well, soup does sound like a good idea....hmmm.

I see my PT this morning. I'm concerned about this pain and swelling, but there is no indication of a clot and that seems to be the big concern. Yesterday was a bad day, but I'm hoping today will be better. I'm sure the pain killers are affecting my outlook. And I don't want to bring everyone else down. On the up side, I've gotten quite a lot done on the blanket I'm crocheting for H!

Have a good one everyone.

Marguerite

G'day, friends.

Sharon, I hope you get the winter weather you've been hoping for.

StressedMomma, sounds like you had a pleasantly surprising start to the day. Here's hoping the rest of the day goes well.

Sharon/WO, drive safely. The book club sounds like it was stimulating.

SFR, I remember improvising hanging space with a broom handle, a picture rail and a camera tripod. I've also (more commonly) used a garment rack as portable hanging space.

We're enjoying summer here. The water is almost tropically warm and that lovely pale blue colour on the edge. I did some grubbing out of weeds in the garden in the heat of the day then took myself to the beach for a cool-off. When I got there it was a bit gentler than the other day (when I got dumped in ankle-deep water!). I watched some kids swimming and then they climbed out onto the rocks to jump in. A golden retriever followed the kids in - a kid would jump in, the dog would follow. But not to rescue the kid (which I've seen sometimes) but simply to enjoy a swim. When the kids climbed back out to jump in again, the dog followed once more. It then surfed in, sat on the edge with the waves washing around it, then went back in to swim with the kids.

I thought it was their dog. They thought it was my dog. Turns out the dog lives in one of the houses nearby and often goes to the beach looking for a kid to play with in the water.

It's after midnight here now, Saturday morning. That means it's our wedding anniversary, 34 years now. husband & I are catching the boat to the mainland in the morning and going to the cinema. We'll break for lunch at some stage and try for a second movie. Looking forward to a day out, just the two of us.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

L

liz

Good Friday morning everyone!!!

Today I am having breakfast with a friend. Yea, sure, it's at either Huddle House or IHOP, but better than nothing! LOL!

Hope everyone has an UN-eventful weekend!!

hearts and roses, So glad there isn't any indication of a clot!! Thinking of you, hoping you feel better ASAP!!

Marg, HAPPY 34th ANNIVERSARY!! Enjoy your special day, just the two of you... :couple: P.S. Thanks! I always look forward to reading about your summers when it is so cold here.

Liz, Enjoy breakfast with your friend. It's a perfect start to the weekend.