Happy Free Choice Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:autumn: :jack: :frankenstein: :ghost: :autumn: I've shared all my fall friends with you this morning because it finally feels like fall in central virginia!

Happy Free Choice Friday Morning all! We made it through another week - some of us by the skin of our teeth, but we are here.

I've got my biweekly cleaning crew later this morning. I didn't get out for the nighties yesterday - I decided to cover the grocer first and use today for the "fun stuff"

difficult child had his first "issue" at school yesterday. His teen living teacher wanted him to change his seat because he was sitting in an extra desk to the side. He liked that seat because he was not surrounding by students (his IEP does call for preferential seating - kinda loose term). Instead of moving, he stood the entire 90 minute class by his old desk. Naturally we had the respect discussion - the people judge you on what they see not who you are inside when you do this kinda stuff etc.... I suppose I should be happy there was no anger :faint: wow, the things we settle for........ So now I'll work on a solution for Monday's class.......

The National Folk Festival begins tonight at 6 and I think we will all, including easy child's boyfriend, will go down tomorrow. This is the last year it will be held here - it moves to Montanna for three years. It should be a lovely fall weekend to walk down by the river, have some good eats, visit some vendors and hear a eclectic mix of music.

Wishing all of you a great day! :thumb:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, Sharon. Sorry to hear difficult child was being a bit of a PITA at school.
The folk festival sounds great, wish I could get there.

We've had weird weather today, I've been monitoring the 128 km Sydney radar loop, watching the storms spiral in from the mountains. This is an unusual direction - our weather usually comes from the south. This huge cold front has been sweeping across the eastern half of Australia for a few days now, it's where the massive hailstorm in Lismore came from.
And we got hail this morning - hard and fast. Our paths were covered with marble-sized ice within minutes, then a few minutes more of torrential rain, then it stopped totally. Then later in the afternoon, the sun was blazing. Then more clouds, drops of rain (nothing more). Just plain weird. But at least the garden got watered.

And, of course, it all missed the catchment area!

Last night was hot, tonight it's like winter is back.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Sharon, The Folk Festival sounds like so much fun!!! ENJOY!!! I hope Monday is a better day for difficult child!!!

Marg, How strange - Ice , rain, and blazing hot sun all in such a short period of time!!! Well, I'm glad something good came out of all that unusual weather - a watered garden.

Today I have a bunch of errands and I'm going to check on husband's aunt. She doesn't sound too good. Of course, being as stubborn as she is, she won't use the oxygen like she is supposed to and insists on going out when she is supposed to stay home and do nothing but rest.

I'm going to take a long walk with my favorite sanity saver before heading out today :cool-dog: :autumn:.

Hi to anyone I missed. I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: :autumn: WFEN

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. I'm up and at the airport waiting to board the plane to my new home permanently(well as permanently as a working gypsy can be) I'm happy to be going back to eastern standard time. Funny what appeals to us.

Sharon, your difficult child did a good thing. Our kids have inflexibility of thought. If she had forewarned him, it would have avoided the situation. Not the best choice for teacher or difficult child.
Enjoy the festival.

Marguerite, your weather is wild every day isn't it? :frankenstein:

WFEN, hope your husband's aunt is feeling better. :bloodshot: You are a good person to check on her.
I am looking forward to seeing my pups today. It's been a week. They are acting up at home and I am itching to see them.
I have the weekend to get the house ready for the moving van. :its_all_good: Really I'd like to take a nap already but I'm sure there are mountains of mail and laundry waiting for me.

Keep your fingers crossed for difficult child. He ran out of medications and can't find his medical card. It is 1500.00 out of pocket. He may have to wean himself since he didn't follow the directions. To his credit he called the government agencies on his own. I can't fix it from here. I will let him work on it with some suggestions from me. One more life lesson when they refuse to learn what is a priority and what isn't for functioning.

Have a good day. I'm off to fly the friendly skies.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sharon hope difficult child has a better day in class today.

Marg what crazy weather. I can't imagine how you do it all the time.

WFEN hope your walk is a good one as well as the rest of the day.

Fran hope your flight goes smoothly and that when the moving van gets to you everything fits in the way you hope it too.

We have the final day of conferences here. Wed was easy child, yesterday was difficult child 1 (both went well) today is difficult child 2 and a family session to boot.

I am hoping husband can get back to work on the bathroom kinda want to have it done. Don't like have a makeshift wall so no one can see me out the backdoor. Ahh well it is inching along.

Morning to anyone else that comes along.

Beth