Happy Friday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:We have made it to Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm a bit excited. It's been a long week but we are going into a three day weekend which I am so looking forward to. What I'm not looking forward to is taking down all of the Christmas decorations but it is definitely time.

Definitely looking forward to my after work on Friday nap! Hoping it will motivate me to get in a workout tonight!

I'm also very thankful my nephew is back from Iraq. He returned on Wednesday and hopefully we'll get to see him soon!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:pet:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We made it through another week, folks!

Busy day ahead - kt's discharge date. I see my therapist this morning, then piano lessons, rest a couple of hours & head out to pick up kt after school.

She's nervous so I'd better appear calm & ready. kt does her best to take my lead.

Have a good one friends.

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your long weekend. Enjoy your reunion with your nephew, too. Maybe that can be your excuse for keeping the decorations up? You wanted to delay Christmas celebrations with him. Or you can tell him you've become Orthodox...

Linda, I hope kt's arrival home goes smoothly.

I had a moderately busy day today. I took mother in law to her doctor's appointment and then did some shopping. Amazingly, got just about everything done on my list without too much hassle.

husband is off for the next fortnight (I had thought it was only one week) so it will be a lovely relaxing time for the last few weeks of our summer holidays. Then the new school year will begin at the end of January. husband has accumulated too much leave and his boss is making him take this time off. Wacko! So if he has so much leave accumulated, I'm going to start planning for a couple of possible road trips later on in the year. I have family spread all up the cost and I need to visit them. We can fly north for winter. Byron Bay sounds lovely...

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!

Sharon, your free choice is a nap and Linda, your free choice is to remain calm!

Both of you were posting about the same time so I merged the posts and it automatically puts the oldest first - Sharon, you got it by 2 minutes! I can definately hear the relief that it's Friday! You enjoy that nap!

Linda, hugs and prayers today. Hope you are able to relax and build up some resolve and strength before you pick up kt. Anyone going to be with you all this afternoon/evening? Call me if you need to talk....

This morning is about cooking. I'm going to be making my take on an Italian bean soup, chicken brunswick stew, and a batch of difficult child's favorite spag sauce. I use those ziploc containers with the twist top and they hold 1 large serving or 2 small. I put them in the freezer. I'm big on doing a bunch of cooking at one time. I've no soup or sauce left so it's time to reup! difficult child loves ground turkey and sliced turkey pepperoni in his sauce. He can eat that every other day!

So I'll cook this morning and do some light housekeeping into the afternoon and then try and run to get my nails done before picking up difficult child from school.

I hope your Friday is a good one - make a great Free Choice :musicdance:.

Sharon

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - Yes, probably close to time to take down those decorations. However, if you want to push it, I think keeping them up until Ash Wednesday should be acceptable?

Timer - Take the best care of yourself today and good luck with KT tonight.

Marg - It is good to have a job where you are made to take your vacation. It is very hard though - I am now in the position that if I don't take 75 hours plus what I earn from now until July 1st, I will just loose it. No one coming to me and saying, "You need to take care of this balance". I have a job that if I am not there it does not get done so I would rather make sure I get my hours in every pay period than have the stress of duties piling up. Only working 4 hour days have given me the luxury of making up any days I miss.

Little Dudes Mom - Have fun cooking this morning.

This has been a long long week for me. Yesterday morning I woke up late in a "I AM NOT MOVING" attitude. A co-worker asked if I was in any pain and I said, "No, I just don't feel like moving at all today, physically or mentally. I am a sloth." As the day went on, I did get going somewhat. I was glad my four hours at work went faster than I thought they would.

On Tuesday, difficult child started his first time at the local Jr Rifle club. He has already passed his first level and if he does as well next week as this, he will have his second level done. They asked him if he wanted a typical bullseye target or one with five targets on it. He choose the typical one. After the shoot, they said, "You don't get that one anymore - you passed!" He had 99/100. So, he went to a 5 bullseye target. Two targets, 10 shots with each shot going into a different target. For the night, he averaged 38.5 out of 50. (each target is worth 50 points) On the last shoot, he lost a bullet and without it being shot, he got 37 out of 50 with only 4 shots.

That must have been his night as he also bowled an 150 average game before the rifle club meeting. (he is back down to about 108/110 average but it is coming back up)

Diva has a boyfriend. So far I like him. They are working through a lot of things. I am so proud that she is very up front about no way is he going to control what she does or who she sees. Kind of hard to explain. I don't see him as the controlling type to come right out and tell her what to do or not do, however, he has gotten a little upset about her having fun without him. He works 10 hour days about 3 days with 3 days off type schedule. He needs to learn to trust her and know that she can not live in a box while he is at work. I have a feeling it will come. He really is a good kid.

I had a house keeper once whose husband was a trucker. She HAD to be home every second he was because HE wanted her there! That is abuse! That is controlling another person which is wrong. I do not want Diva to ever find herself in that situation.

Diva has also become somewhat more respectable towards me. Still have a long ways to go but it is nice to see large progress.

This afternoon, I pack difficult child for a Confirmation retreat.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

It's finally Friday, thank goodness!

Sharon, I am so pleased to hear that your nephew is back from Iraq! My niece returned two months ago, in time to celebrate the holidays with her daughter. It's just the best feeling in the world to have them return home safely. I know taking down the decorations is no fun. husband and I decided that we may tone down the decorations next year, just to save some of the wear and tear on our old bodies. I never thought I would be saying that because I adore the holidays. LOL

Linda , my thoughts will be with you and kt today, upon her return home. I think that your calm approach can really make a difference. Hang in there!

Marg, husband's time off sounds like a great opportunity. I do hope you can fit in a nice, relaxing trip in during his vacation.

Sharon, all of your cooking is making me hungry! Italian bean soup sounds delicious. We're finishing the last of the soup from our holiday hambone. I'll have to check out a bean soup receipe for my next attempt.

Andy, I hope that the retreat goes well for difficult child. He's quite the sharpshooter! I'm guessing that he has excellent eye sight. My Dad had that ability and he had 20/15 vision - lucky guy.

difficult child is now in his first week of his second semester at the University. The first semester went quite well for him, and he even pulled an "A" in his Physics course. It was his favorite course, but he was very worried about it because his professor had a strong accent and he couldn't understand much of what he said. He's needed a good bit of assistance with the logistics of signing up for courses and buying books and supplies, but we expected that. He's hung on to his "Hope" scholarship and we are very proud of him. Two years ago we would have never predicted this..

I'm teleworking today and looking forward to the long weekend. It's been a very busy couple of weeks for us. I hope that everyone has a great day today and please remember to take a few quiet , peaceful moments for yourselves.

Valerie