Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays to all of you!

I spent some time yesterday reading old threads. Am happy to see some progress in some difficult child's. We can only hope and pray and hold boundaries.

I got to the point of utter exhaustion and needed to curl up inside myself for a long time. difficult child had taken everything I had. Time to heal and rebuild. Would love to say he's doing great but that's not the case. I'm happy he hasn't been arrested in more than a year and that he's been living in the same place since June.

That doesn't mean he has grown a brain. He chose to drive without a tag or insurance. Has a ticket from Oct. he ignored so now his license was suspended. He did tell where he worked about it and he couldn't deliver. In return, he's been off the schedule for a week. Not my problem.

I've had to stay tough a lot. You want to use the f word towards me? Ok. Well then forget about the jeans I said I'd buy you. I don't do that for people who speak to me that way.

You want to post a vulgar status about me on FB? Ok. I'm ignoring it and allowing others to deal with you. (That's how I learned my former sister in law truly still has my back.)

You want to be hateful to me the day before Thanksgiving? Ok. Stay by yourself during the holiday. I had the most peaceful Thanksgiving in years.

None of this is how any of us imagined as we were raising our children. All I know is that the boy I raised is gone. The one I see before me is a chameleon. When he is kind, he is welcome (but I have my purse locked up and my heart on guard). When the hateful one returns, I must quickly retreat.

Anyhow, I wish all of you much peace and joy!!!

S

Signorina

Merry Christmas AG. I've been thinking of you and I am so glad you checked in. I've missed you on the boards. It sounds like you've found peace in your life and I am so glad. Please stay in touch!

Kathy813

Staff member
AG, it was great to hear from you. Thank you for the update. You sound like you are doing a great job setting boundaries and only responding to your difficult child when he acts appropriately.

Happy holidays to you, too!

~Kathy

Nancy

AG I had to learn the same self preservation things in the past. I'm sorry it's not going very well but I like your boundaries. Happy holidays to you my friend.

toughlovin

AG thanks or the update... yes stay strong and keep taking care of yourself and having those good boundaries!!! I hope you have a good day today.