Happy Hump Day

pigless in VA

pasa, sending you some healing vibes this morning. ~~~~~~~~~

Cedar, how is Jabber the perverted gnome doing this morning? Is he wet? Is he blowing with the wind?

We finally had to turn on the air conditioning yesterday. I cannot believe that we actually had spring in central Virginia. For 3 months! Usually, we have winter, two or three days of spring and then boom it's summer.

I cut some of the hay down in the backyard yesterday. I have one of those old man lawnmowers. It doesn't cut hay very well. I may have to ask the neighbor to borrow his gas powered mower. I found two Bingo "toys" in the hay and buried them. He dug one of them up.

The neighbors had their two little girls outside again last night. The baby has these enormous, wide, ocean blue eyes. She is so cute that I could eat her for dessert. I showed the two year old where we have a rabbit hole in the front yard, and I gave her a magnolia blossom. I was rejected as a pusher of the swing, however.

Find something funny in your day today.

pasajes4

Good Morning Pigless! I love your posts about your young neighbors and the adventures of Bingo. I am waiting for my daughter to come pickup my Gizmo in case I am hospitalized. That is always a possibility due to my kidney issues.

I hope everyone has a great Wedensday.

Scent of Cedar *

Good Morning, Everybody

Remember that Robin Williams movie, Good Morning Vietnam?

Use that voice.

:)

Cedar, how is Jabber the perverted gnome doing this morning? Is he wet? Is he blowing with the wind?

Still dangling by his participle, our Jabber is in fact both wet and a little cold this morning, poor thing.

You guys?

Jabber's kingdom contains many shriveled or dying plants, today.

I spent the day trying to hook up a converter to my t.v. so I can get local channels and do away with cable and the ridiculous bill.

pasa, I am impressed. Did you get it working? Our cable bill is ridiculous, too. And I just don't like dealing with the cable company. Since we are required to have contracts now, the customer service people are arrogant as can be. We are finally out of the contract period, as of this month.

I am going to look into this, too.

I needed to make a doctors appointment because breathing is painful and wheezy. I have an appointment in the morning.

What do you suppose is happening, pasa? I am glad you are going to the doctor.

I found two Bingo "toys" in the hay and buried them. He dug one of them up.

Were the toys moles he caught, pigless? Bingo must be a very fast dog. And a good digger. Know what? I was reading your information to learn about Bingo.

My cat deletes, too.

And I don't think it's accidental. Sometimes, once she is finished walking back and forth on it, she just stands there on the keyboard. So I am beginning to think she knows what she is doing.

She is sitting beside me right now, purring and watching me with her eyes closed.

We have such lovely mornings together she and I, having our coffee before D H and Paco wake up.

She was in the kitchen sink this morning when I got up, waiting for me to turn the water on.

:O)

I am allergic to cats, now. So we can't let her sleep with us, anymore.

I showed the two year old where we have a rabbit hole in the front yard, and I gave her a magnolia blossom.

What a special neighbor you must be, pigless.

The girls sound beautiful.

So, you have a magnolia tree. They are beautiful, too. I think my favorite flower is a magnolia, and will never forget when I saw my first magnolia tree.

I am waiting for my daughter to come pickup my Gizmo in case I am hospitalized. That is always a possibility due to my kidney issues.

Poor little Gizmo! He will miss you. I am happy to know you will have your daughter near you today.

Prayers going up, pasa.

Feel better, soon.

Cedar

So...what to do, what to do, about Jabber and his participle....

Which we first met when he refused to wear anything but socks under his pirate skirt, if you remember.

And I do.

:wine:

Lil

Pasages - sending you many healing thoughts. I hope you feel better soon and it's nothing serious. Watch out for this guy - :doctor: If they keep the mask on - run!

That's just wrong on SOOOO many levels. Nobody told me anything about shrivelege!!!!!!

Plants, Dear; p-l-a-N-t-s...not parts. :faint:

I am impressed. Did you get it working? Our cable bill is ridiculous, too. And I just don't like dealing with the cable company. Since we are required to have contracts now, the customer service people are arrogant as can be. We are finally out of the contract period, as of this month.

Oh, don't get me started! We have Direct TV, which is ridiculously expensive - over $170 a month! Then we have to have internet and the only place in town with high-speed internet (at least where we live) is ... the cable company! So we have phone and internet thru them - another $90+ dollars! We've decided we have to go back to the cable company for all of it - which will be roughly half of what we're paying (I hope we're out of contract with Direct TV - that just occurred to me) but we HATE the cable provider too - it's always out! It "blinks" and you lose signal for a few seconds - just long enough to screw things up. Ugh. To make matters worse, even though we have Direct TV on autopay thru THEM, we woke up disconnected yesterday because the payments didn't go thru last month and this month and I NEVER got an email telling me that! We didn't change accounts, so there's NO reason for it! So now we owe a DOUBLE bill! I'd tell them all the stick it -

But I really LOVE Game of Thrones. :bow:

Last edited:

KTMom91

Good morning, everybody.

Pasa, hope you feel better and don't end up in the hospital.

Today is a big, busy day, as Miss KT used to say. Taking Buddy in for his checkup/shots this morning, then working this afternoon in Kindergarten. Haven't been in Kindergarten for a couple of years. Some schools in our district do all-day Kinder, which I completely disagree with on several levels. Kindergarten should be a time of exploration, and those little ones shouldn't be expected to sit at desks all day like the big kids.

The weather is perfect, supposed to be in the 70's. I love being able to leave the house open. I overhear the most amazing conversations as people walk by. So funny.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

HMBgal

We have a little girl in our neighborhood (about 18 months) that loves to play with the rocks (that used to be our lawn, before the California drought made having a lawn extremely politically incorrect and hideously expensive). Her name is Madison, and I've started writing "Hello Madison!" in rainbow chalk on the sidewalk and when her grandma, who does daycare for her walks by, they stop and we visit. The grandma's husband has Alzheimer's, so I think it does her good, too, to chat with us. We both love to bake, so we give each other samples of our efforts. And difficult grandson plays with her so wonderfully and little Maddy, who is an only child, adores him. It's so sweet.

Pasajes, healing vibes being sent your way today.

Cedar, so sorry to hear about the plants!

Oh KTMom, I hear you about all day kinder. My daughter (the pregnant one) was a kindergarten teacher until she left on her maternity leave, had her kinders from 8:10-2:20 every day. And they were crying and sleeping on their desks by 12:30, especially the younger ones. It's ridiculous. We have transitional kindergarten now, so by the time the kids reach true kindergarten, they're a year older. It's better, but the academic pressure is insane. My daughter hated that part of it.

I got to have a late start at school today and waited to take my shower. Now our local power company is working on our street and cut our power for the day. It will be out from 8:30-4:30. And I have to use a hair dryer. Have to. Hmmmmm. I've never worn a baseball cap in my life, but today might be the day.

Scent of Cedar *

I got to have a late start at school today and waited to take my shower. Now our local power company is working on our street and cut our power for the day. It will be out from 8:30-4:30. And I have to use a hair dryer. Have to. Hmmmmm. I've never worn a baseball cap in my life, but today might be the day.

I love the Madison story.

Is your hair long enough to catch it in a ponytail and wrap the hair around tightly?

weteffectshair1.jpg

My hair is very curly. If I use gel on it and style it wet (like this picture), it dries without frizz. It is better for our hair, too.

If you use a strand of hair to create the ponytail, it will be better for your hair than using a covered rubber band.

I pin mine in place with hair clips. That way, nothing is pulling on the root.

Baseball caps are cute. Hard to explain at work, though. I am learning to wrap my head in a light scarf, turban style.

If you have a scarf, maybe this could work?

Cedar

HMBgal

Um, no. I have very short, thick hair and it needs some coaxing with a round brush and hot air to get it like I like it. My hair looks like this (the big person, not the baby).

But I love all the cool ideas you posted! The turban would make quite a stir at my work, since I'm P.E. teacher and all.

Attachments

• J and grandma.jpg
    J and grandma.jpg
    734.4 KB · Views: 248

Scent of Cedar *

HMB, we forget that anyone could be accessing our site, and that we may not be as safe here as we wish. I think the time to edit your post is past (12 minutes, I think, is all the time we have). But if you Private Message Runaway Bunny, our Conduct Disorders Administrator, or one of the moderators on Watercooler may be able to do it, too, to delete the picture, she can take care of this for you so that your privacy will be protected.

Cedar

I like that hair length. It seems like it would be easy to work with, and to wear those earrings that go all the way up the ear. Which I would have, if I weren't so chicken.

pasajes4

The doctor sent me to the er. Now im sitting here waiting for test rezults. I am dizzy nauseated and my blood sugar is low. This sucks. I realize that due to the fact that I only have one kidney it makes little things more serious, this is a necessary precaution.

TheWalrus

I Am The Walrus
Another wet, dreary, monsoon like day here. I am over the rain. Over. It.

Sad day - we took in a grown dog and I have already fallen in love. Took him to the vet as a routine and he is heart worm positive. I am so sad. The treatment to cure it is expensive and it won't undo any damage done. No way to know how long he has had them. Needless to say, we are doing it. Perhaps it is wrong that I would spend that money on a dog but won't give it to my daughter, but at least I know he won't use it for drugs and his love is unconditional. (God, that makes me sound so heartless.) Here lately, the fur babies have cost us a fortune. Part of aging for them, too.

Ok, done. I know others have it much worse (I am so sorry to hear about your day, Pasa) and it could be worse. It's a dog and he is oblivious to his health. Pity party over.

Scent of Cedar *

The doctor sent me to the er. Now im sitting here waiting for test rezults. I am dizzy nauseated and my blood sugar is low. This sucks. I realize that due to the fact that I only have one kidney it makes little things more serious, this is a necessary precaution.

You are very brave. I think I would have tried to pretend nothing was wrong a little longer. I am glad you are there, and that you are being cared for.

A special prayer for you pasa, for comfort and strength.

I am glad your daughter has Gizmo.

Nyla will be fine until tomorrow.

Cedar

AppleCori

How are you doing, Pasa?

Scent of Cedar *

Took him to the vet as a routine and he is heart worm positive. I am so sad. The treatment to cure it is expensive and it won't undo any damage done. No way to know how long he has had them. Needless to say, we are doing it. Perhaps it is wrong that I would spend that money on a dog but won't give it to my daughter, but at least I know he won't use it for drugs and his love is unconditional.

We treated for heartworm once Walrus, and all was well afterword. I feel so proud of you for loving the grown dog and taking him home. About the money for daughter. Until I stopped giving my kids money, they kept sliding downward. When I stopped (and even today) they are facing the hard consequences of what they did, and it is hard for them, very hard. But they are doing it. Had I continued to give money Walrus, or a place to live, or taken their children, they would never have believed they needed to be responsible for themselves.

If the story got bad enough, money would be forthcoming.

And so, the story always got bad enough.

They wouldn't stop. So I had to.

I had to stop enabling.

We would have gone down with them, Walrus.

My kids are older than yours. They are in their early forties. I stopped enabling (to the degree I was, anyway) something like four years ago. It's insidious. There is always something they need and every so often, they would catch me at a tender spot and BOOM. I was embroiled again.

It has been a rough four years, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. The kids are doing better.

That would not have happened had I continued enabling, even at the reduced rate I was enabling at.

Another point.

D H insisted we celebrate our lives as we had intended before the kids ~ what. Before what happened to all of us happened. I felt so guilty I could not even shop for clothing or groceries without fixating on what the kids did not have.

But my D H was right.

And now we are older. And life is drawing down.

And that is how I know, for sure, that D H was right.

Cedar

pasajes4

I will be stsying in the hodpital until they can find an antibotic that i can tolerate and will work. I spent 3 years off and on being treated with many of the super antibiotics. I lost the kidney anyway It made me resistant to a lot of the various antibiotics.

If we were still on the island, I would not be sick.:beach: