Happy Hump Day

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Could be, though the TP set I got had a basic "box" foundation, not a box spring. What sort of foundation does your bed have?

I currently sleep on a Saatva mattress set which I love. It has a proper box spring under it. I do suspect I should've ordered a firmer model as my back b#tches in the morning. I don't know how much of that is just the arthritis, etc., getting worse and how much of that is the mattress.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've had cats and kittens for most of my adult life. Recliners are not safe around cats, kittens, and small dogs, so we never had one.

My husband wanted one, but couldn't find one that was animal-proof, looked good, and was affordable. They were also all immense, and husband was not a large man. Our house was nearly 100 years old when we bought it and had very small rooms. We didn't really have room for a recliner.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Isn't it funny. I've been to Navy Pier since it turned into a tourist attraction, but my fondest memories of Navy Pier are of when it was a working pier in Port of Chicago.

I remember watching them unloading cattle and swine from the transport ships, and I can remember going down to Navy Pier in the winter to watch the icebreakers going back and forth keeping the shipping lanes and port area free of ice.

Now THAT was an impressive sight to see (and hear).

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
You could test whether or not the solid foundation would work for you by slipping a sheet of plywood beneath the mattress and foundation.

If a bed-board works for you both, then go ahead and spend the money on a box or platform foundation.

InsaneCdn

If you want a REALLY good sleep? Get the one they use in nursing homes - with all the power adjustments. Start stirring in the night... lift the foot a bit higher, or your head, or switch to flat, or...

Yes, we have one (hand-me-down), with a good mattress, and...

It's the only thing better than the recliner. How do I know? Because it's the only bed we own that we ALL fight over when more than one of us is feeling a bit sore or under the weather. I get first dibs, though.
:rofl: