HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!! Any plans? Tears too...

rejectedmom

I had a lovely lunch out with husband, easy child, easy child/difficult child, difficult child#1, her Hubbie and my three grandkids. After Brunh we wet to the park for an hour. ow I am home enjoying the cards flowers and chocolate covered strawberries that were given to me. As perfect as it gets for a mom of a difficult child.
-RM

Happy Mothers day to all of you. All I wanted today is peace. I didn't want to run errands, cook, clean and be my general crazy-busy self. I had a good day. I went to the boardwalk with my youngest boy, he was at a job interview. It was a gorgeous day, but he didn't appreciate it. He wanted to leave right away, if I were alone I would have stayed on the beach, but I can't have anyone whining at me. We had a very nice conversation in the car and that was a beautiful thing! difficult child came over and brought me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries!!!! I'm about to cry- he got locked out of his house so him and I spent about an hout, just the 2 of us, talking and it was very special. I don't need stuff- just peace and love. All my 3 boys bought me cards and each gave me flowers- they all signed their brothers' names to the cards, not knowing they all had done that!
They love each other,. It was great.

FlowerGarden

Happy Mother's Day to an awesome group of mothers. I'm actually having the most wonderful Mother's Day of all. husband had to work so all three sons took me out to lunch at a little Italian restaurant. They all got a long and talked. difficult child had actually saved money up to pay his portion of the bill. Usually he has to do the installment plan and borrow money from me if he is going anywhere. For the first time, in a long long time, I realized I wasn't even on edge, waiting for it all to fall apart. After we ate, they took me to a park that has a flower garden area that you can walk around in and they have little notes about the plants they are growing. It was awesome. I was truly blessed today and very thankful!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Mothers Day - like other Mothers Days years gone by - has been a lonely one. Not a bad one - I just miss my son. The difference this year - was that SOME Anony-mouse person here loved me enough to give me HER Mother's Day and last night I got to have burned unrecognizable chicken - and it was one of the best meals of my life!! You never know what you'll try to eat until it comes to you flaming on a plate and burnt. (wink) But the conversation that surrounded the meal about the love that was given - and kept coming - (A GRILL COVER ARRIVED - and it's so heavy!) That for a moment? It allowed me to forget all the hype and advertisements that surround this day.
As with all of my life - you learn - it's not WHO loves you or WHY - it's that you are LOVED that's important.

I did get a card from Dude - the first in probably ten years and the first in his life of 21 years that he actually got on his own. Those of you that know our story - know that in itself is actually amazing. He wrote in it that he is blessed, and rich - and can't wait to be a Father - because he's had a good Mother.

This morning - The kids all came in with their OWN card - and it was really quite unexpected. Mostly because a few years ago - DF blurted out in fashion that it wasn't HIS job to get me a card - I wasn't his Mother. I sat in the office with all the "dogs" who we call "our kids" and helped them make me a card and left it on the dining room table - With LOVE _ and had each of them sign it for me. THIS year - a meteorite didn't have to fall for him to get it. I have children - they are furry, and love me - and gave me a great card - Of COURSE Casper got it - and ALLOWED everyone else to sign it - It was funny - and perfect and the neat thing was LC tried to say Happy Mothers Day - It came out like Jibberish - but I'm beginning to believe maybe she's from a country we don't speak the same language or she's got a Rosetta stone and it's upside down.....In any event I got to talk to my mom for a few hours and miss her terribly - she's the same , but was a good talk.

Overall not a bad day-------AND The new daughter in law wished me a happy MD and said hi from the baby - Next year I'll be wishing HER a Mothers day too - NEAT just neat.

KTMom91

Miss KT is back at school after being home for a few days, but on Friday, she brought me Buffalo Wild Wings for my Mother's Day lunch. Today, she's all stressed out about moving into her new apt for the next school year.

Hubby brought me chocolate covered strawberries, and put together lunch for us. I managed to clear out and freecycle some stuff today, did some reading and knitting, and so far it's been a nice day.

DammitJanet

Well Im still in such awe over Cory's card that I can hardly believe it. He has just picked one up at the dollar store before but this time he actually searched. I have no clue what he is doing for Mandy but we have the baby today. He was dressed up nicely when he dropped off my card and the baby so maybe they were going out.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, these were the best stories to read! Happy Mother's Day to all...even those who hate it (because you're awesome even though your kiddos are poopers).

I was able to bring my mom home from the nursing home today...what an ordeal. She can't really walk at all anymore I've learned. Toileting her was a real issue and I needed H to help get her in there. When I finally did, she was a mess...apparently she no longer realizes that she's messed herself, very sad. She so big and her muscles are atrophied and she just can't stand on her own anymore. I don't know if we will be able to bring her home if her ambulating doesn't improve. That said, our time together was very nice (except the bathroom part, ew) and she loved being in the car and looking at everything and coming to our home and sharing a meal with family again. If she was better on her feet, I would bring her home every Sunday.

difficult child and E spent the night last night so they weren't late for brunch. easy child made brunch, eggs, crepes, berries, whipped cream and bacon and potatoes, yummy! difficult child made a book for me on shutterfly using pictures and it is amazing, there is a story to go along with it, I welled up, it's so great. And on the cover is last years mothers day picture, which difficult child didn't know that. Cool. Both girls signed the book. Aside from a fabulous brunch, easy child also gave me a gift card to a pedicure!

Later, after cleaning up mom and a clothing change, H and I brought her back to her place and she laid down for a nap.

In between I did laundry, stripped the bed after Sophie puked all over, disinfected the bathroom and went shopping with easy child to old navy. All on all, despite the chores I had to do, it was a very nice day. I'm exhausted and now it's time for some awesomesauce.

Mwah, you ladies are my favorite people!

DammitJanet

I wish I could have some awesomesauce. I think I am going to throw caution to the wind and go to the ABC store this week and buy me a tiny bottle of something good!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I got cards. I got hugs. Onyxx texted me about 20 minutes after my last post to say HMD!! And she prompted Jett too. husband grilled - and ooh, YUM - and I got to make bread - I made rye this time - I made a double recipe, and gave loaves to mother in law and Mom and bio-gma (who was absolutely SHOCKED - and she got a hug again because ya know what, she's a MOM too)... Everyone behaved! Even mother in law!

mother in law did get me a very pretty necklace, however it's just not my style... But, she tried and it IS the thought, right? And husband's card acknowledged that sometimes he is a child too. Was funny and very sweet. Oh, and the card from the kids? Also was signed "Bean"... Strange, Bean's handwriting looks a LOT like Onyxx's.

I've had an awesome day. Perhaps because I did not expect it to be good at all...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've got to say it..............

It is certainly so NICE to see that the maturity and appreciation bug has bitten so many of our older difficult child kids such as Star's Dude, Janet's Cory, and Step's Onyxx and others. It should give some hope to those who are still having rough unappreciated Mother's Days that someday, hopefully, their kid will get it too.

I would've called my Mom today but I talked to her last night late. I haven't sent her anything because the girls are gathering the family and getting a photo of all the grandchildren together (professionally done and ought to be interesting lol ) and then one done of all my kids. This is both mine and my Mom's Mother's Day. So once that's done and the photos are back I'll send it on to her.

Orrrrr...........maybe I'll just take them to her instead.

We told her last summer we'd try to make it there for a visit this summer. She's worried sick we'll back out. We're trying like heck to make it happen. But there are animals to consider and boarding here stays booked year around. Betsy couldn't handle boarding though and would have a nervous breakdown. Rowdy would probably bite someone. No one in town to come and feed them for me and take them out. As I explained to mom.........all husband's family moved out of state. My bff passed away 2 yrs ago. That leaves only MY family and we're all trying to go. So............Travis and Nichole's husband volunteered to stay behind and furbaby sit. This of course upsets mom who wants everyone there. Well.......sometimes you just can't have what you want. We're still working on it. She doesn't believe me. But Nichole said even if it turns out to be just me and her and the kids, we're going "home" this summer for a visit.

Will be the first time I have stepped foot in my home town in 15 yrs. If that alone doesn't show her how much I care, nothing will. lol

LittleDudesMom

We had a lovely Mother's Day. The weather was fabulous! Mom and I went down to the restaurant and met easy child, who had two huge bouquets of flowers! We sat down at noon with a "Mom-mosa" and listened to a wonderful jazz band while having a delicious brunch. After that we came back to the house and shared cards and little gifts. Mom took a little nap, them difficult child gave mom and me each a little gift (knock me over) and mom and I ended the evening with a couple glasses of wine, some brie, grapes and crackers. A lovely Mother's Day here.

Sharon

N

Nomad

Pleased to report a positive Mother's Day. difficult child came over, helped husband cook dinner and then made dessert on her own. husband picked up a gift for her (to give to me) and she was suppose to work at his office last week to pay for it. He cancelled due to a conflict and she was VERY upset about it. Interesting, huh. She insisted that he pick another day this week for her to work. We were all happy re: the good values...which I believe are genuine. Oh, and she made me a beautiful card with a lovely original poem.
She helped clean up and was polite, grateful and pleasant. Thumbs up :)