Happy Mothers Day... Yes to all of us too!!!

BusynMember1

For struggling mothers and those who have kids that are both difficult and not AND to the mother's of beloved pets....make your day great. Go out to eat, even alone, and order an outrageous dish or treat. Buy yourself something great. Call your beloveds who may not be kids but whom are still dear. Have a picnic, even by yourself. Put on your favorite music and blast it like a teenager! Dance all day. And wear a smile. It has been proven that smiling makes a person happier!

We were all called upon to be THAT parent who has a beloved challenging child. It was and is no easy task. Some of us have to love them from afar. We are still mothers. We are not shameful, pitiful souls. We are strong and loving.

I send prayers, hugs, love to all. Let's celebrate ourselves. We deserve it!!! ☺️🏆

Mamacat

For struggling mothers and those who have kids that are both difficult and not AND to the mother's of beloved pets....make your day great. Go out to eat, even alone, and order an outrageous dish or treat. Buy yourself something great. Call your beloveds who may not be kids but whom are still dear. Have a picnic, even by yourself. Put on your favorite music and blast it like a teenager! Dance all day. And wear a smile. It has been proven that smiling makes a person happier!

We were all called upon to be THAT parent who has a beloved challenging child. It was and is no easy task. Some of us have to love them from afar. We are still mothers. We are not shameful, pitiful souls. We are strong and loving.

I send prayers, hugs, love to all. Let's celebrate ourselves. We deserve it!!! ☺️🏆
Thank you!

MissLulu

Happy Mother’s Day to you too, Busy, and to all. My Mother’s Day was a mixed bag.

Middle kid came home from uni for the weekend and he got up early to make me French Toast He and his younger brother pooled their money to buy a lovely gift. Difficult Child sent a text, which I suppose is better than nothing at all.

I find Mother’s Day particularly hard, I lost my own mum when I was still reasonably young , so that makes me sad. Also, I guess spend time reflecting on Difficult Child and where I went wrong etc. All the happy families on social make me envious, even though I know not everything we see on social media is accurate.

I know I am lucky to have two kids who are wonderful in every way, so despite feeling a little low yesterday (we’re a day ahead here in Australia) I spent as much of the day possible focusing on my two wonderful younger sons.

newstart

Happy Blessed Mother's Day to each and everyone of us. My daughter came over dressed nicely, she brought balloons and flowers. We went out to eat, then to my home where we cracked open a fresh coconut. My daughter tried to make the day special but she seems distracted or in a hurry. I felt grateful that she tried.
I miss my deceased son, he loved celebrations and always made me feel so loved and special especially on Mother's Day. I still have this cards and notes that he wrote to me, filled with love. One year he bought me a white glass shaped heart with pink earrings inside. I will never forget the love and look in his eyes when he handed me the gift. Each time I look at the white glass that has 'mother' written on it I feel his love.
This is my 3rd Mother's day without my Momma. I miss her and I deeply miss my grandmother.
My husband made the day enjoyable. He struggles with our son's death and the horrible situation with out daughter's boyfriend. My daughter and boyfriend have mellowed out at bit lately, both have been involved in the stock market and I am grateful that they have been somewhat successful.
My daughter can't seem to lose the weight. She has started swimming more, she is getting fit but the weight is not moving off. She is 5'6 and stuck around 170, her frame is way too small to carry that much weight. I am sure 170 would look ok on a big boned girl that same height but she is small boned. Of course I do not say anything about it as long as the behavior is more balanced I am grateful.
With the extra money she is making she says she is fixing up the house. I have not looked yet but she is texting me pictures of a new heating/ AC unit, new water heater, and pool. I feel deeply grateful that she is spending her money like this, years ago all she did was travel the world.
My daughter looks different to me. I see such a change in her face and body shape. One year she looks so much like my side of the family, the next her dad's side of the family. Today her expressions looked so much like my dad. I still love to see her pretty face, white teeth, she still has my mom's perfect lips and her skin looks smooth. I am starting to see some healthy maturing... And I pray Dear God please do not let her regress, I have seen the shoe drop one too many times, each time I think she is moving forward she takes two gigantic steps backwards.

I pray for each and everyone of you. I know your stories and I think about you. I see and feel your heartaches and I am always grateful when I read about improvements in your children.