Happy National Doughnut Day!

susiestar

Roll With It
Today is National Doughnut Day!

Krispy Kreme is giving away a free donut of ANY kind, not just their glazed type, to each person who stops in today. Countries included are: Australia, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Philippines, and Turkey and of course the US.

If you don't have a Krispy Kreme store, Dunkin Donuts is giving away a donut with any drink purchase.

Also check your locally and regionally owned donut stores if you don't have one of these chains or you have a favorite donut shop already. I know 2 of our local donut stores are giving away free donuts today.

nlj

I've just discovered that we have National Doughnut WEEK here in the UK and I've missed it! :(

http://www.nationaldoughnutweek.org/

Did you know that National Donut Day is about remembering Salvation Army members who gave out donuts to servicemen in WW2?

Amazing what strange facts I learn from reading posts on this site and then using Google.

susiestar

Roll With It
That is so cool! I don't know about Wales, it was a quote from the Krispy Kreme website.

I love the Salvation Army. Most people don't have a clue what they do, or what they have done. I esp love that back in WW2 the Salvation Army would give soldiers a cup of coffee for free when the Red Cross charged them for it. My great uncle F told me all sorts of stories about similar things from that time. He would not donate a penny to the Red Cross even decades later, but he never failed to donate to the Salvation Army.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I love the aroma of fresh donuts but unfortunately I can't eat them as they make me very ill.
Please have one for me :p

Did you know that National Donut Day is about remembering Salvation Army members who gave out donuts to servicemen in WW2?
That is so awesome!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I hope someone ate a donut or three for me. I got a flyer advertising National Donut Day in my mailbox from Dunkin' Donuts, but I'm diabetic and starting my day off with sugar and refined carbs is asking for a sugar crash an hour later.

I have to have major league protein to start my day, eggs, leftover meat or fish, etc.

Pity, as I LOVE pastry and donuts.

I'm already upset because I had to give up my beloved AM raisin bran due to the 17gr of sugar a serving contains. Lovely stuff and good for you with all that fiber, but no way can I handle all that sugar.