Happy New Year !

Ephchap

Just wanted to wish each and every member a Happy New Year. As a mother of an addict/alcoholic (who thankfully has been drug free and sober for almost two years now), I remember all too well ringing in the Near Year so hopeful that things would turn around, and it would truly be a good year, only to continue to live in the throes of addiction and alcoholism.

My wish for each of you currently living through substance abuse with a child or family member, is that the addict/alcoholic can see 2012 as a chance for a new beginning. For those whose child/family member have begun their sobriety, my wish is for their continued good choices and strength as they fight the demon that is addiction.

Hugs to all,
Deb

Nancy

I remember those years for you too Deb and I'm so happy that you can now celebrate the holidays in peace and joy with your beautiful family. It just proves that there is hope and you can turn your life around. I am very proud of your difficult child as I know you are too. Those wounds take a long time to heal but when they do what a joy!

As I said in my facebook status, I am not sorry to see 2011 go, but I have much hope that 2012 will be filled with peace and sobriety. At least it has sure started out much better than last year.

Nancy

DDD

I'm hoping that our difficult child's sustain their forward progress with maturity as 2012 is here full of promise.
Happy New Year to the S.A. branch of the family. DDD

Ephchap

Thanks, ladies. Yes, all four of us have certainly had a lot of ups and downs, of new beginnings and continuation of old ones. Some of those old wounds definitely take a long time to heal and I think there will always be scarring. I'm hopeful for all our kids, and all the kids and adults out there, that struggle with substance abuse.