Happy New Year!

DDD

I would love to hear about your New Years celebrations. I've been there done that but it has been quite awhile and recalling the fun I had in younger years I'll be delighted to hear you guys recount your celebrations. In my old age I am recalling New Years past and wondering if there are still "dress up" celebrations amongst your age groups. In 2012/2013 the New Year means that Ace will go nuts because in the distance there are fireworks going off. LOL! I have already warned husband that Ace will need half of an Ativan or I will be awake for far too many hours. What's going on at your house?? DDD

T

TeDo

The boys are at a youth group celebration until midnight and I am sitting at home alone in my warm (it's in negative numbers outside) house doing whatever I darn well please....and going to enjoy every minute of it!

Happy New Year everyone!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child is already asleep. We stay home every year and watch the Twilight Zone Marathon. easy child/difficult child wouldn't even go hang out with a friend tonight because she wanted to be at home with us. easy child/difficult child and husband ordered our usual pizza but being gluten free I decided to get myself some shrimp this year. In a bit husband will light a fire and a bunch of candles. Guess we aren't too exciting but we truly do enjoy being home and are glad to be off the roads on nights like tonight.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I decided that I was going to blow out 2012 in a big way, in hopes of being more "optomistic" about 2013. I splurged on crab legs that were half off and some really nice steaks that were half off as the manager's meat special.

Tonight we had steaks and crab legs to celebrate the ending of this pretty retched year. Now? We're enjoying the quiet. Maggie has gone to bed. Molly is nearly always sleeping these days. Not even sure I'll stay up to see the new year in.

I never was one to celebrate New Years. To me it was a bunch of hooey over nothing that special. So this evening's dinner was a radical change. Maybe it will bring good things for 2013, who knows. lol

KTMom91

Hubby and I have shrimp and a cheese ball, and plan to watch the ball drop at midnight. Then we go outside and listen to the neighborhood celebrating till we get too cold. Right now we're watching Twilight Zone and eating the cheese ball.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I made a new recipe out of a cookbook I received as a gift from my SO for Christmas, it was really good, Chicken Adobo with coconut milk, rice vinegar, garlic and soy sauce with mushroom and bamboo shoot rice, YUM! My granddaughter and her boyfriend are going to a party and SO is the official driver of the kids. We'll be up so we can pick them up later after midnight. I have a few little tidbits to nibble on later and it will be just SO and I bringing in the New Year, ahhhhhhh, nice and quiet.............. now I live for life to be peaceful and uneventful! When I was 15 I went to Times Square on New Years Eve, at 15 it was WAY fun. Now? I cant even imagine it.
I hope you all have a safe and cozy and fun evening with the New Year bringing you much peace and boatloads of love and laughter!

Mattsmom277

We watched the town fireworks from our picture window. Our new place is in the perfect spot. The kitchen table is groaning with finger foods. We just finished watching a movie and are now watching Rocking New Year's Eve (sans Dick Clark sadly). Next we will watch Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, always good for a few laughs and some good music. We have party hats, noise makers and will do a midnight toast. We are all freshly showered and in matching flannel pj's. We will probably play a board game while we watch the new years programming up until the countdown.

I'm refusing to dwell on the fact that due to S/O's recent job loss, we had to postpone what tonight would have been our wedding that I've been planning for a year. Nor are we all toasty in the sun on the beach in Cuba. Instead we are celebrating the end of this year that brought so many low points, but thankfully also many high points. And we are celebrating 8 years for S/O and I tonight. No anniversary gifts, no wedding (next year *knock on wood*). But a love that takes the sting out of waiting another year. I am feeling very at peace. easy child is laughing and smiling and festive, after a very tough year. That makes my heart happy. My Matt phoned earlier and was more upbeat than a few days ago when he was struggling. He is having a nice evening tonight, and heads out in a few days for his first jaunt for work to the Northwest Territories. He will also have some time off to take a few days to Alaska, and he is super excited. He promised to take a photo for me of him standing directly at the north pole with the sign. My mom heart is happy.

Happy new year everyone, may 2013 be wonderful for you all!

buddy

Watched memories of Dick Clark ...q was gone 4-8 and is surly but now watching Anderson Cooper....but may have to turn it....Honey blah blah is on!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Its almost 8:30 here, SO is up at Chili's getting our "to go" New Years Eve dinner - Plans to eat in bed and crank up Netflix. Odds are we will both be asleep before midnite rolls round, but am sure the dogs will let us know when the fireworks go off.

Marcie

muttmeister

New Year's Eve with my mother. We watched the ball drop in New York (it is not 11:30 here yet) and then she was ready for bed. I made turkey vegetable noodle soup with the frozen leftover Thanksgiving turkey (that is a tradition at our house) and we'll have steaks tomorrow and watch our team probably lose their bowl game.
We had about 5 inches of snow here today - it makes me kinda glad that I'm old and have no desire to be out and about with all of the drunks. I spent one New Years Eve in Times Square, one fogged out of my airport so we spent it in Montreal, many at the local bars, and now I'm ready to be home and sane and quiet. I saw something on Facebook a couple of days ago that said, "You know you're drunk when you have to hang on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth." Thank God I outgrew that stage many years ago. LOL

Jody

My daughters went to a church members house to spend the night. I had fallen a couple of days ago and jammed my elbow bad. I am not much fun, taking tylenol with codeine and sleeping off and on, cuddling with my dogs, and watched a movie and thought about the changes I am making for this new year. Wishing I had some chocolate in the house. lol. Happy New Year, fireworks going off right now. 2013. Looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a great year.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Both girls were home with us along with their boyfriends, a friend of mine was visiting from our of town. We had a nice pot roast dinner, good wine and leftover birthday cake.

We played charades, another game, visited my neighbor, and then watched the ball drop. Within a short time everyone hit the sack, difficult child and E left, so did pcs boyfriend and now I'm lying here listening to H snore.

Happy New Year!!!!

pasajes4

I have never been too much of a party goer. My daughter and I cleaned out our houses and took a load of clothes for resale and to Goodwill. We made enough off of our haul that we went out to eat and then shopping for our New Years feast today. I watched the ball drop and heard all the fireworks in the neighborhood until 2 in the morning. Today will be jammies and family we will watch movies and bbq.

busywend

We had sister in law and biland niece over for filet mignon and lobster tails, baked potatoes, salad, and rolls topped it off. It was too much of course after the artichoke dip, cheese and crackers and shrimp we enjoyed before the meal. We all made it to midnight and they headed home at 12:10...haha! No dress up party for me. I am always happy to sit home with the last day of the glow of my Christmas tree before it comes down today.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
We go to friends every year for the past 10 years and play progressive table euchre. Everyone brings covered dishes for dinner, we stop playing cards at 11:58 and watch the ball drop.

TerryJ2

You are all making me hungry!!!

Owie ... so sorry about the elbow, Jody.
Mattsmom, I'm so sorry about your non-wedding, but you are still together, and as you said, being together helps take the sting out of all the ^*$* that has happened. Hugs.

Like so many others here, I ate. Actually, we went out to eat (sushi) and at the last min., two friends called and joined us. husband's ulcer was good enough for him to eat sushi. We exchanged Christmas/Hanukkah gifts and were home by 9:30. :) I love to read in bed, so I took a glass of champagne to bed with me.
difficult child was at his girlfriend's house nearby, and he was home by 9:50. easy child went out with-her boyfriend and partied. She's the only one who dressed up and partied. :)

We skipped the big parties ... we're too tired and the parties are SO LOUD and you can't talk. And we're not big into dancing. The restaurant we went to was perfect--just enough people to make it festive, but not overpowering.

Unfortunately, I didn't sleep until mid-morning like I wanted to. Up at 7. Oh well, good practice for tomorrow--5:45. Ugh.
HAPPYNEW YEAR!
:bigsmile::cheerleader::wine:

JKF

We had a big party last night with about 20 friends and some of their kids. People and kids all over our house! Lots and lots of good food and the drinks were flowing. I somehow feel great today - hubby not so much! He's still in bed and he NEVER stays in bed all day! lol easy child/difficult child and I are relaxing downstairs snacking on leftovers and playing with our new tablets. I love days like today! Happy New Year to all of you and many many more!!!!

rejectedmom

I had dinner out with husband at a really nice resturant. After that we were going to go to a nearby town for their annual NYE festival. husband wanted to stop home first and... you guessed it... we never went back out LOL. Watched movies and then to bed shortly after midnight. husband and easy child/difficult child are visiting difficult child in Jail today I am watching the Rose parade in my PJs. Later will take down the tree and hopefully tomorrow go to the beach for a couple of days. I'm wishing many new year blessings to all. -RM

DammitJanet

Well 2012 went out with a bang for me and Im hoping 2013 will be much better. NYE was quiet with just the three of us at home and Tony and I spent it on the couch for as long as we could take it with chocolate chip cookies...lol. He is being extremely attentive to me right now. He has been off work since the Friday before Xmas and goes back to work tomorrow. We have only seen Buck one night! Im loving it...lol. We ended up going to bed last night about 9 pm and we didnt make it to midnight.