Happy New Year's Day!

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :wine:

I hope everyone is having a joyful New Year's Day. We had a peaceful evening in last night after spending the last month running around from event to event like maniacs. Duckie is doing well but I will probably give her a little tune-up tomorrow before she heads back to school. husband's new job is going well. I'll be running to the grocery store today, making a roast beef, and putting away Christmas decorations. All in all, a quiet and peaceful start to 2012.

Have a wonderful day! :salute:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning and happy new year!

TM, your plans sound perfectly relaxing and low key.

Today, after I visit my mom this morning, my friend and I are hitting up DSW for some deals, lol, we're shoe addicts. Then we are going to cozy up on the couch to watch The Help. I'm making hambone soup and popovers. After dinner, we're going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...I don't care much if I see it, but my friend wants to see it really bad.

Enjoy the day everyone! Much love and happiness in the coming year! xo

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Happy New Year!

Just housework for me today....but that's alright. It means I don't have to be any where - I can just stay home.

T

TeDo

You both sound like you're going to have good days. I hope they are "event" free. Know what I mean??

As for me, difficult child 1 has been gone since Friday with his Boy Scout troop. He comes home today. I am preparing for a VERY long next two days. He never sleeps well when he's away from home and for every overnight or late night activity they have, it takes at least two days to "recover". This means I am going to enjoy the next couple hours, before the "monster" comes home.

Happy New Year!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Afternoon,

TM-What a nice quiet start to your New Year! Glad to hear your husband's new job is going well!

Jo-Enjoy your shopping and the movies. husband and I saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"; it was a good movie but intense. We haven't seen "The Help" yet but will soon. husband just bought a copy for about $5 because of a coupon he had and he figured that was cheaper than going to see it!

DF-Enjoy your day-it's nice not to have to go out.

Tedo-I hope you are enjoying your peaceful hours and that difficult child isn't as moody as usual when he gets home! My easy child/difficult child used to be the same way.

difficult child was up early today and kept trying to get us up so basically we were. I finally got up first and went back to sleep when husband got up. easy child/difficult child is at work but she is sick. husband took difficult child to the Game Stop mostly so difficult child would stop bothering him about it. Right now I'm sitting at home quietly watching "The Twilight Zone" episodes.

Last night we were watching episode of it and eating pizza. It was a very peaceful night (difficult child was asleep).

Wishing all a great and continued start to 2012
:happy_new_year: