Happy post threads

BusynMember

I thought I would start a thread for happiness in our lives. I hope there are many responses!

For me, read the post about the wedding dress. My girls are up from Chicago for an early Thanksgiving. Rigjt now hub is driving in our truck to Jumpers house and Sonic is in the back seat. We will be eating at 3.

What happy things are going on with you, big or small?

Last edited:

Copabanana

a thread for happiness in our lives
This was a good idea SWOT. The cultivation of gratitude and affirming what is good in our lives. We are so focused here on the bad and the hard and the difficult.

The happiest moments lately are when M and I give our cat Stella her medicine. She has kidney disease and heart trouble and takes a daily pill. It takes 2 of us. We work together, sitting side by side on the couch. M calls her (she runs from me), wraps her in her towel (we have multiple wounds between us, and I am taking antibiotics for a cat bite) and while he does he talks to her as if she is a real life baby girl. It is so sweet. My job is to deposit the pill in her mouth. I am really good at it. This 5 minutes we are so close.

Tired out

This 5 minutes we are so close.
Even when things are stressful in other areas isn't it grat we can still grab time together.
For me, read the post about the wedding dress
What's better than a wedding dress? Not much!!

My daughter and I had a fun day. we headed out for a bit of Christmas shopping. We found some great deals and some sparkling decorations. It 's always good to add glitter to the decor :)

Nomad

Staff member
We moved a little over a year ago about four hours North to be with our son and his family. A very difficult Move.

But, we got a better house for our money. Havevmet many nice people. I’ve gotten closer to our son. They also had a second baby. I’ve gotten close to our grandson (the older one). I don’t think that would of happened otherwise.

Just had a fabulous 24 hour’s with grandson.

I feel more content than I have in a long time.

Im enjoying hobbies I haven’t explored for a long time and was missing and feel closer to my family.

Fingers crossed and am grateful.

Lil

Well Jabber and I had a happy, but exhausting, event this weekend. As you who have been here a while know, I do medieval reenactment with the Society for Creative Anachronism. The society is divided up into Kingdoms (in the US covering all or parts of a number of states generally), which are again divided up into Baronies or Shires which cover small areas. Our local group (Shire) hosts our Kingdom's Toys for Tots Tournament each year. This weekend we collected and donated 3,063 toys and the Kingdom donated $1,000! In addition a dear lady in our group is going to be given what is the Kingdom's biggest honor for her many years of service.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I spent the weekend preparing to host Thanksgiving at our house. I'm doing a sit down dinner for 20.
I love to entertain and cook. I do as much prep work ahead of time that I can so I have time to enjoy my guests.
Here's one of my tips: I make the mashed potatoes up to 2 weeks before, then I thaw them out the night before then Thanksgiving morning I put them in one of my many crockpots to heat them up.