Happy Pre-Christmas Fun Thread....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Seems we've had a run of bad luck here on the w.c - so I thought maybe we needed a bit of perking up. Get out yer Hot Mama Juice....and yer thinkin' caps ladies.....because I want you to come and think about sitting on Santas lap - and tell him if you could have ONE toy------ONE gift ------ONE fun thing (and I'm not talking about the bills paid, the kids being good, the old man remembering to take out the trash and do little nice things) I mean like - I WANT A DONKEY -

What would it be ?
and WHY?

It could be something you didn't get from childhood -
It could be something you saw this morning -
It can't be age back or time back, or things like that - just a toy, or a gadget or something FUN ........
It can't be an adult toy. :groan:Cause this IS a G rated post. But it can be an adult toy in the sense that you want a new Hummer.....(no pun intended) to drive.

SO....I'll start.

I want a donkey - THey're sweet, and cute and beautiful.....
Because if I had one? He'd love me, and I'd have a farm, and I wouldn't be living her - I'd be in Ohio.

NEXT?

slsh

member since 1999
OK Starbie - I'll play. ;)

I'd ask Santa for a motorcycle. A big old monster Harley. The seed was planted several years ago when I was taking Diva to a Young Author's thing in Normal, and we were driving along the country roads (gosh, I love country roads, out in the middle of God's country and crops and the occasional farmhouse and nothing else) and this guy went zooming past us on a bike and I thought... wow, now does that look like freedom or what. Then I started noticing on beautiful days there are a lot of folks out on bikes, and I want to do that. I want to be able to hit the road and just go, wind in face (bugs in teeth, LOL), just me, all by myself, out moving. Have been telling the fam for years that my 50th b-day present was going to be a bike. Of course, with next b-day being the big five zero, it won't happen because of the realities of life with- kids, but... gosh it's been a wonderful fantasy for the last several years.

So, Santa, if you happen to find a spare Harley... I've been trying like crazy to be a good girl for a very long time.:angel2:

I promise, I'll drive over to Ohio to visit Starbie and her donkey!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Santa, 2 weeks in Disney World please.

Every since I was a little girl I've dreamed about going to Disney World and riding the Dumbo ride. So, Santa, I'd love to ride the Dumbo ride.......and the rest of the park is just the icing on the cake.

trinityroyal

I'd like a Charlie-in-the-box please.

When I was little, I used to watch the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Christmas special every year. When they visited the Island of Misfit Toys I used to be so sad for them, and wanted to bring them all to my house where they would fit right in with the homemade mutant dollies I used to create with my Barbie sewing machine.

Charlie-in-the-Box - Christmas Specials Wiki

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

I would like to come downstairs late Christmas Eve and find Raul sitting by the fire with a bottle of champagne, a bottle of massage oil and wearing a big smile just for me......

Sharon

KTMom91

Since we're dreaming...I want a bright red BMW Z4. Convertible. Something my personalized license plate will look extremely cool on. Charcoal gray cloth interior - it gets too hot in the summer for leather and I don't want to burn my...well, you know. And a custom fit seat belt so Buddy can ride with me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awww Trinity............you reminded me, I always wanted the Spotted Elephant. I never did see what was supposed to be "wrong" with him, he was adorable to me. Started my love of elephants. lol And I hunted around and found easy child a spotted elephant when she was a baby....not the same one of course, but he was adorable none the less.

DammitJanet

Oh...dreaming here? I want a mid 70's restored edition MGB. Bright red preferably with the rag top. (and the body to fit in it comfortably!)

I had one when I was 17 but it was a POS and I took it to the shop to get it worked on, the stored it out back while I was trying to come up with some funds, someone broke into it slashed the rag top and stole a bunch of stuff out of it. then it snowed and ruined the interior. It was a total loss at that point and I just couldnt afford to fix it. Knowing what I know now, I would have sued the shop for letting it get broke into.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When I was in around 3rd grade, they had these little 4x4 trucks that took 2 AA batteries and would climb over sticks, etc. I wanted one in the worst way!!! And I haven't ever found one since I became an employed person... :sigh:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
They're similar... But they move so fast! LOL...

A couple of years ago I asked for, and got, a set of Tinkertoys...

Marguerite

Star, I have that donkey picture for you from March. I tried to send it to you but I couldn't find your email address.

What I want for Christmas - a literary agent! Or a publisher... or tickets to Greece to complete my research. Yes, research, of course... and enough cash to drop in to the US on my way and visit you guys. Mind you, from Greece Esther and Allan would be closer, plus I can include Israel in my research too. And Turkey. I could also hop over to France to visit Malika, then maybe visit family in the UK. Check out the ancestral castle in Scotland. It's a museum now.

Don't want much, do I?

Marg

DammitJanet

LOL Marg.

Maybe I should have included visiting my family in New England or maybe even going to New York City on New Years Eve to see the ball drop.

I want this yummy Williams-Sonoma peppermint bark that I ate once. It's so expensive, I would never buy it for myself. I know I can make something similar and it would be good, but it wouldn't be THAT, Know what I mean??

buddy

I have always wanted a cabin on a sandy lake with a small beach. The boat, pontoon, water toys are all included of course. There must be a fireplace in the cabin. I would actually live there now but I used to want it as a vacation home.

In all seriousness, I know the country life would be so much better for Q. I would for sure wish for a duplex for us on country property for him when he is ready to be independent, maybe a triplex so my mom has a place to live in her older years too. Q's place will have a "buddy" apartment attached for in home support. I guess I can combine the wishes, but the first is MY fantasy, the second is my family fantasy....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay.... my dream car (and I mean, hallucinating-that-I'm-Sophia-Loren-lounging-on-the-beach-on-the-French-Riviera-with-half-a-dozen-cabana-boys-at-my-beck-and-call) is a Mercedes Benz SL500 convertible. Don't care what color. Don't care what year. It's just the sexiest thing on 4 wheels that I've ever seen and always wanted to drive. :bigsmile:

H

HaoZi

It can't be an adult toy. Cause this IS a G rated post.

Well shoot, there went my answer!

In that case, a new car. Something easy on gas but capable of staying in the road in snow/ice. Big enough for a long road trip, small enough to not worry about parking it in the tiny spaces at drug stores here.

Malika

Very surprised you don't have a donkey already, Star! I had visualised you living on a kind of donkey sanctuary...
I would like a simple cabin on a secluded bit of coast, somewhere hot, right on the water so you can sleep to the sound of the waves and swim in the azure water when you awake... and J can run around safely to his heart's content.