Happy Saturday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning Everyone!!!

It's a chilly 49 here this morning and my helpers will be here in about 25 mintues to begin setting up for the "much anticipated" yard sale. I'm attempting to load up on some coffee.

There are nine families paticipating on my block (as well as a whole neighborhood wide event) and we hope for a good turnout. I hope so, it's been a lot of work.....but my house is cleaned out!!

I hope your Saturday is a good one :peaceful:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, on a cooler day.

Sharon/LDM, I hope your sale goes well. Thank you for the reminder on the coffee - I was told that if I put coffee grounds around my plants, not only do snails not like the feel of it but it will kill the snails without making them too toxic to feed to my chooks. If I can avoid putting out snail bait, then that will be good because the Blue-Tongued Lizards eat snails - and snail bait. We lost a blue-tongue a week ago, it was hit by a car. I hope it wasn't one of mine but I'm afraid it was. We do have an unknown number around the neighbourhood.

It's been much cooler today, we even had some rain. I haven't checked the rain gauge yet, I guess we had maybe 10 mm. I weeded my plants this afternoon and the soil was mostly dry, apart from the top few mm. According to the forecasts, it's going to be back to much cooler, more typical spring weather for the next week at least.

RSVPs are coming in for the wedding - five weeks to go now. We're thinking of sending out a second round of invitations. It's been murder trying to organise this without upsetting the kids. It's starting to come together for us now.

I've been picking native flowers for the budgies - our young male bird is getting very skilled at ripping a banksia flower to shreds in under an hour! mother in law has been complaining about a noisy frog in her pot plants (they make a loud "BONK" sound every five seconds, for 20 hours out of 24 every day). She can hear it even with her hearing aid turned off. Also ,the ko-el has started up early, probably because of the early hot weather. A ko-el is a native cuckoo, a large olive-green bird with a VERY loud call. My mother used to call them rain birds because they used to call louder when it was going to rain. But since we hear them in the hotter weather, when we used to get a thunderstorm almost every afternoon, maybe it's just coincidence. For us the true 'rain birds' are the lorikeets, because they LOVE to play in water and always behave as if rain has been arranged purely for their amusement.

Winter is definitely over.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Sharon-I hope you get a great turnout for your garage sale! It sounds cool so you will need that coffee:coffee:

Marg-I'm glad you had some rain!:rain: I'm glad someone is enjoying summer temps. I always love hearing about your warm weather when ours is cold-I can pretend I'm there with you:) I don't blame you mother in law for complaining about all the noise from the frog.

Very chilly here this morning-our first frost of the year-it's 31 degrees-brrr

I'm off to work in a bit. I thought about trying to get someone to work for me as I have laryngitis and the start of a cold but decided to give it a try. My voice has been going again at work almost every week (sort of like two years ago when I had to have surgery on my throat) so my doctor wrote a note I have to have a microphone device to teach with from now on. It arrived yesterday late afternoon which was perfect timing because I had no teacher voice left.

easy child is getting her hair done this morning and then heading to homecoming dance tonight. Their team won last night which was good.

husband, difficult child, and I will watch the Michigan game this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter:ghost:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope there are tons of bargain shoppers out today! Have fun!

Marg- It's hard to believe the wedding is almost here.

Sharon- I hope your voice bounces back quickly with using the microphone.

I'm off to the high school in a bit for Duckie's little homecoming game. It's so cute how they make signs for the boys and really whip the crowd up. :cheerleader:

Have a great day! :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - I hope your yard sale is a great success!

Marg - All those birds sound wonderful. I hope the frog can be found and given a new home. The wedding really is coming up fast!

Wiped Out - I used to loose my voice about once a year. I always felt fine, just couldn't talk. I hope you feel better and don't need another surgery. I hope easy child has a great time today.

Tired - Oh, I wish I could come watch Duckie - sounds so cute!

I slept in until 8:00 this morning. husband got a late start for the "farm". He lost the cell phone - thinks the last time he saw it was in the truck on the way to the game last night. He said both he and difficult child tore the truck apart looking for it. I went out this morning to look and of course found it within 2 seconds poking out from under the driver's seat on the ground. How blind can those two be? Geesh!

I have a load of towels in the wash and prepared the cloths line. I set up a cardboard table to put the cloths pins and basket of cloths on. I am in need of more cloths pins - where do they go? Must be with the scissors and pens that disappear in the house!

Cleaning is on my agenda for today. Also getting difficult child to clean his room, the game room, and the bathroom which will not take long if he keeps moving.

Everyone have a GREAT day! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh!

Marguerite

Andy, thanks for your thoughts about the frog. But the trouble with the wildlife in our area - first, it's protected so we can't move it. Second, it's very happy where it is, it's in its natural habitat. Third, if we move it to somewhere further out of earshot it will either make its way back, or another will move in. It happens with frogs and it happens with possums. mother in law has possums nesting in her garage roof. A year ago a cat killed a mother possum and her twin babies - but still mother in law has possums nesting in her roof. Another one moved in. It's just too good an address!

Life is certainly interesting when you live this close to wildlife.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. It's nice to see you all today.

Sharon, I love going to yard sales. I haven't gone for a while but today would be perfect. Good luck. I bet it feels great to empty the house.

Marguerite, we had some incredibly loud frogs this year. We have a small water pond in our garden next to the family room. They were amazingly loud even with the windows closed. Your wild life sounds delightful. We had in Texas and Florida something called Mourning Doves. They seemed to "purr" before the rain. I'm not sure if they are the same. We have quite a few cardinals on our bird feeder. I'm not as familiar with the birds in NC as I would like to be but there are many.

Sharon, hope the laryngitis clears up. It will be good for you to have fun with the game and watching your baby going to Homecoming. :fan:

TM, how adorable to see the little cheerleaders whipping everyone up. :cheerleader:

Adrianne, can you come by and fold my laundry after you finish with yours. I have a fair amount waiting for my attention. At least it's clean.

It's a beautiful carolina blue type day. We are probably going to take the puppies to trails for a nice long walk.:fall: HS has gotten the go ahead to resume her walks. Her staples were removed yesterday and given a clean bill of health(except for the cancer) We start chemo in about 10days. She gave me a scare.:doctor:

Never pick your laptop up by the screen. I broke the liquid crystal screen with the pressure of my thumb. Ugh!!!!!! It's only 14months old. Stupid move on my part. :hammer:

difficult child is doing better than I expected. He has been pleasant and cooperative. I can even say he is a help. I don't want to jinx it but he is being aware of his hygiene and his behavior. I have been pleasantly surprised after years of a deaf ear. I'm actually enjoying his company. :jumphappy:

I have been to Galveston twice. Ugh!!!! It's a mess but we are muddling through it.

Hope your Saturday is full of sunshine and maybe cookies. :beautifulthing:

Mamaof2

Hello all! I'm so happy I found this site and I love that you greet each other and talk about other things too. Happy Saturday. Hope everyone has a good day!