Happy Saturday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:forchristmas::christmaslights: Good Morning Friends :christmaslights::forchristmas:

For most of us, today is the start of the holiday break for our kids! I for one is thrilled to have the next two weeks "off". I say off because it means I don't have to be such a stickler about bedtime, don't have to struggle getting difficult child up and going, no homework, no worrying when the cell phone rings....... you know the drill. I love school breaks :rudolph:!!!

I have just a few things to do today in preparation for our trip south tomorrow. I've got a class at the gym at 10 and at 11:45 my sunday school kids arrive to go and distribute flyers to the neighborhood inviting everyone to our Christmas Eve service. Fortunately, at 17 and 18, they just need me to hand them the stack of flyers and wave goodbye from the back porch! While they are gone I'm going to get the packing done - not much, just gone for three days - then clean out the car. I got all the gifts packed up yesterday :christmasgift:.

Another movie on the agenda this evening. difficult child came home from school yesterday and suggested that he and I watch a scary movie together. So we went and rented "The Fog" (the updated version). He and I sat on the sofa with our tin of popcorn last night!! At 13, he doesn't suggest too many "mom and me" things anymore....I'll take it where I can :snowman:!!!!!!!

Listen, have a great Saturday everyone! Hope your list of "to dos" is not to long :santa: - find some time to relax (oh, make sure the difficult children get the message).

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I too am one who is glad it is break, of course, being a teacher it means I'm off too.:) It's nice you and difficult child sat down to watch a movie together. Enjoy your trip! Where are you headed?

husband worked on his video until 3:00 in the morning. He was done with it around 10:30 but then had trouble burning the dvds. I feel bad because he only got one burned-he wanted to burn 25 as Christmas gifts but now it looks like they will be handed out later-at least people can view it tonight at the party.

I shoveled twice yesterday and boy are my arms sore! We recieved more than 10 inches. Another 4-7 is predicted tonight and tomorrow along with blizzard like conditions and dangereous wind chills. :blizzard:

We're headed to Michigan today-the day time is suppose to be o.k. driving and we hope to be coming back sometime on Monday weather permitting. We have to get back, difficult child has his rescheduled sleep study for Tuesday!!!!!!

I'm somewhat dreading the ride today (6 hours) because yesterday difficult child seemed almost manic. Doing a lot of really weird things and thinking he was really funny. Hopefully it will be a peaceful ride.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:rudolph:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I can feel your joy over the holiday break all the way here, lol! :rudolph:

Duckie and I have a final rehearsal for tomorrow's holiday presentation and I may try to get to the grocery store and finish up prep for the church holiday party on Monday. Duckie is excited about her two week break... it started a few hours early due to an early dismissal because of the snow storm. The good news? Most of my wrapping is done!

Have a great day, hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Andy

GOOD "EVERYONE IS EITHER SLEEPING IN OR BUSY?" MORNING
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - You have a busy day today! What movie will you watch tonight? I do agree, we have to jump at every chance we get to spend a good time with our older kids - even scary movies at Christmas time! LOL

Wiped Out - Stay safe today. I am a wimp - not even go to drive the 3 - 5 miles to church for Sunday School program practice this morning.

Tired - Did I hear wrapping almost done? Want to come help me? I have atleast 60 gifts for Sunday School to wrap. Books/CDs/magic towels - all cheaper to wrap than purchase gift bags in the right sizes.

Looks like we are stuck at home again. difficult child went out to check the depth of the snow and decided to shovel the sidewalk and in front of the garage.
It's not too bad now but another system will be here soon.

I went shopping last night - I knew we had enough food but needed to make sure we had enough toilet paper. I think I would rather starve than run out of toilet paper.

I called our Sunday School program director. His wife said he has already left and that I should just stay home. I called our DCE and told her not to try getting out (she is single and has a not too good driveway to get out of - also outdoor stairs to shovel or manage to leave). I told her I would call church and if anyone answers will ask if they need her there. I hope she doesn't get into trouble for not going in.

Well, I better get going. husband is talking to me and I suppose I better listen for a change? Have a great day and find a way to make your difficult child laugh!