Happy Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Hopefully everyone is sleeping soundly after a peaceful Christmas. I'm up so early because of work. I can hardly wait to go weigh in after all the food I ate this week with the holidays-NOT!

Our day yesterday really was peaceful except for a couple of outbursts from difficult child and easy child. For the most part both were very pleasant. easy child even gave me a great present when she woke up and gave me a huge hug and kiss!

Today it's work and then home to make some homemade tortillas. difficult child is heading to respite today and wants to bring some to the family he stays with.

I'm hoping to get to the health club today and work out with my Wii Fit+ that I received as a present yesterday. Of course, a nap will be had!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day everybody.

Sharon/WO, I hope the weigh-in isn't too horrifying. The Wii Fit is fun, I'm sure you will love it. We've been playing with Wii Fit PLus - I highly recommend it also. Once you've got the balance board, you only need a fraction of the cost to get Wii Fit plus because you won't need to get another balance board with it.

It's Boxing Day here - another public holiday. It harks back to when people would package up Christmas Day leftovers (into boxes, I presume) and take it to the poor and needy.
easy child got a text message on her phone from her coursin. "In the interests of breaking with tradition, Happy Boxing Day, and I hope the Boxing Kangaroo was good to you."

We've had a more relaxed day today, still mostly hanging around at mother in law's place. She thrives on young company, I think it helped her a lot. We had easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2 stay overnight with us, otherwise the rest of the mob have stayed with mother in law. We've been mostly grazing on leftovers. I'm looking forward to eating at home and having a healthier diet. It's hard to syat healthy when surrounded by food which I haven't prepared myself, or food which is loaded with kilojoules.

difficult child 3 was a bit better behaved today once the noise subsided (especially after SIL2 & easy child 2/difficult child 2 went home) although he was getting a bit tetchy with mother in law over dinner. She doesn't handle him well and when she's stressed (she's not well at the moment) she tends to fall back into old habits, which includes needling any kids around, especially the reactive ones. She's rally like a mischievous child sometimes. And tonight she was laughing at difficult child 3 and his fussiness over food. He was making a mess of using his cutlery to eat his dinner, but laughing at his awkwardness was not a good way to go. Fortunately we were able to deflect difficult child 3 before things got too ugly. Thankfully mother in law's deafness meant she didn't hear difficult child 3 suggest she wear a muzzle!

Tomorrow we're taking mother in law shopping for a new armchair, one approved by easy child in her professional capacity. Fingers crossed that we can get on OK! mother in law has been unwell for a few days, we think we know what the problem is (her medication supply problems which has meant having to use a different form of her most vital medication) but due to Australia mostly shutting down between Christmas & New Year, I doubt I'll get much sense out of any health departments until after the new year. Our first working day won't be until Wednesday! I'm hoping to catch a couple of compounding pharmacies open tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Enjoy your Boxing Day, everyone. Even if it isn't a tadition for you, it's a good tradition to consider. Anoter good way to celebrate it - pack up your leftovers, phone a friend or neighbour and get them to pack up their leftovers, then visit one another for a swap!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:gingerbread: Good Saturday Morning and Happy Boxing Day!

Sharon, I can totally relate to not wanting to get on that scale! Nice that difficult child wants to share his food tradition with the respite family....enjoy that nap!

Marg, grazing seems to be the word around here this morning! Sometime its good to get back to the usual when the holidays are raising the anxiety with our kids. Hope you can get everything needed for mother in law.

Well, talk about grazing.....I didn't ever cook Christmas dinner yesterday because we were so full from Christmas brunch. We sat down to eat about 11:30 or 11:45 and sat at the table talking until 2. When mother in law left, easy child and I cleaned up then started messing with out new phones - she got an iPhone and I had to switch to AT&T as well - nothing as complicated or nice as the iPhone. Next thing I knew it was after 5 and the three of us decided we would save the ham, etc., for Sunday!

It was a wonderful day. When I went up to get them up yesterday morning, I found them sitting in difficult child's bed going through their stockings and it reminded me of when they were little! It was a a great day.

Wishing everyone a great day today as well! Be careful if you are out there fighting the after Christmas crowds. If you were in the path of that Christmas blizzard, stay warm!

Sharon :rudolph:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :elf:

Sharon (WO)- Good luck on the scale! It's great that difficult child is bringing such a delicious treat to respite... I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Marg- It sounds like you had a relaxing day. Happy Boxing Day!

Sharon- (LDM)- It sounds like you had a great day too! Enjoy the ham tomorrow!

Well, Duckie slept for almost 13.5 hours straight... it's a record for her I believe. She's just so exhausted from all the Christmas cheer we've had going on here, lol!. :rudolph: We're going to Toronto and are running late now but she really needed the rest! We'll be seeing the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Merry Christmas! :xmasdancers:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. I got to sleep in today. It's our 28th anniversary. :holymoly:I woke up to the dogs already been walked and fed and a lovely bouquet of flowers. husband is a sweetie. The boys went out to the mall, movies and lunch so we are just going to enjoy the quiet.

Hope you all enjoy the day after and/or Boxing Day.