Nana's are Beautiful
I hope everyone has a very Happy and safe holiday. :D

Mine will be spent with my nose in a book studying for finals. ugh

(((hugs)))

:thanksgivingday::thanksgiving1::thanksgiving11::thanksgiving2:

Wiped Out

Staff member
:thanksgiving1:

Happy Thanksgiving to a great group who makes this truly a soft place to land!

Lisa-Sorry about all the studying. My sister who is in her last semester of nursing school (she's done on the 7th of Dec) wishes she could be studying. Instead they are having 18 people for dinner (a tradition in their family to invite many who have nowhere else to be). She's glad they're all coming but also feels the need to be studying!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Happy bird day!! Sorry you have to study. Yuck.

I got off work at 6am and going to exercise my right to do absolutely nothing the rest of the day.:D

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's to a day filled with good food, good family (by birth or by choice...you know, like YOU guys!) and good cheer by all.

:cheers:

:thanksgiving1:

M

ML

I love being part of this family. Thank you all for lifting me up when I'm down and for celebrating my victories with me. I am beyond thankful.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Happy Thanksgiving!
:thanksgiving2:

I am grateful for this site and all the people who make it the sanctuary that it is.
I am grateful for my family's health and relative stability.
I am grateful for the job interview my husband has next Tuesday!

Blessings to you all!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so Thankful for this place!

Gonna take a Xanax, LOL, and go to dinner with the family at noon...
Last time I met this distant relative of Jeff's she said some very racist things, having no idea I am half Spanish... I didn't bother telling her that her 2nd Nephew or whatever Jeff is is married to a woman who has not only Hispanics in the family but Black and Gay!!! Oh and lots of Mental Illness!!!
(Jeff's family doesn't admit to theirs)

It might have to come up today... Tee-Hee, MWAHAHAAAA!
I'll be good!

Oh I am grateful for this place and all of you! Because I can at least say those things here so I wont actually say them in public!

klmno

Oh I am grateful for this place and all of you! Because I can at least say those things here so I wont actually say them in public!

:rofl: Oh, Gosh, isn't that the truth! I hate to think how many times I would have made an **** out of myself if I didn't have this place to vent first and say what I really feel, allowing my to engage my brain and bite my tongue to people ITRW. LOL!

Nice post, gcvmom!

Lisa, I'm sorry you have to study but am glad you are doing well in the school that you wanted and hope you can take a break to enjoy a good meal today.

And to everyone else, Happy Thanksgiving! May your day be free of difficult child issues- or at least, may you be able to concentrate on the meal and let it roll off your back!

IOW- May you have this:
:thanksgiving11::spaghetti::thanksgiving1::wine:

Instead of this:
:targetpractice: :thanksgivingday:

DammitJanet

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Im already back from my feast. It was great even though there were a few mishaps. Arent there always a few mishaps in a persons first time throwing the Thanksgiving feast? Poor Cory...his stove quit working while trying to do the collards! He still needed to finish them, do the stuffing, the green bean casserole and make mashed potatoes. Well, his dad and I grabbed the collards, the stuffing and the green bean casserole and ran to our house. We didnt have time to make the cornbread or the rolls and the mashed potatoes would just have to wait.

We had plenty of food anyway. Stove is just shorting out because the plug in the wall is bad. Landlord needs to come fix it. Cory will call him tomorrow.

We had turkey and a ham, yams, collards, brussel sprouts, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole and three kinds of pie!

It was Cory, Mandy, me, Tony, Billy, Mandys Mom, Mandys friend, and Mandys Uncle there. That was nice.