Happy Thursday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:bbq: Happy Thursday!!!!!

Wondering why my little bbq man is greating you this morning? Well it's bbq weather here in central va! Yesterday was in the 70's, today it will be 78 and tomorrow they are calling for 84! Spring has sprung so summer can't be far behind :icecream:!!!!

Our nights are still cool, it's actually 38 right now, but as soon as the sun rises it warms quickly. Naturally the pollen is incredible and there is a coating of yellow/green on everthing! But everything looks so green and lush :flowers:.

Since it's Thursday, it's office day for me. I had a great lunch date with my friend yesterday. We went early to the lunch spot since we were downtown and wanted to beat the work rush. We got there about 11:30 and the lunch crowd came and went around us!

Wishing you a great Thursday :lady:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend.

We're not quite to bbq weather like Sharon but we're enjoying the mid to upper 60's. That's bbq weather here in MN. :bigsmile:

Another day blown away to sickness yesterday - not mine but kt's. I got a call from school at 8:15 yesterday morning. kt had thrown up. Of course, this is in the midst of state testing so I ask if it could be anxiety. Day treatment pushed kt to stay until she threw up a 2nd then a 3rd time before I got there to pick her up. Poor kid - sicker than a dog yesterday. :ill:

We'll see how this morning goes.

I'm hoping to achieve what I had planned to do 2 or 3 days ago - just can't remember what that was! :rofl: I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Have a good Thursday. Here's to a calm day with many reasons to smile.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm glad you enjoyed lunch with your friend. Your weather sounds lovely. We did hit 72 yesterday but it's back to the 50s today although right now we are actually warmer than you-it's 51 right now.

Linda-Poor kt. I hope she is feeling better soon. If you can't remember what you planned for today there is always napping!

husband is still not feeling well and actually threw up last night. He is coughing and has trouble breathing as well. My back is still sore but again mostly at night.

Nothing on the agenda after work today other than a visit to the health club!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day!:kisses:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy t hat barbecue weather. After the winter you've all had, you deserve some sunshine!

Linda, sorry to hear kt's so sick. Here's hoping she improves from here.

Sharon/Wiped, husband has been sick for a while now, and he's still not getting better? There's a nasty flu going around, keep an eye on that chest of his. And look after your sore back, try and get some rest in all this.

I hit the shops again with mother in law today. difficult child 3 needed to get some film footage of the food hall at the mall, for his school assignment ("feeding frenzy at the zoo"). I used that as the excuse to bring mother in law out so she could get her blood tests done. It's difficult, living where we do right away from civilisation, when there are doctors to see and tests to have done.

mother in law bought me an early birthday present - there was a sale on throw rugs, made from Aussie-grown alpaca wool. So wonderfully soft! She bought one for herself on Monday and loves it, it's so light and yet so warm, in our colder nights.
Then I bought some gardening equipment for me and husband - a pole saw/ratchet pruner that extends to 6 metres! And some smaller tools for my vegetable bed - extensible pole handle, interchangeable.
Walking back to the car was interesting, to say the least - mother in law used the long pole as a hiking stick, said she felt like Ghandi.

The 'kids' just got home - easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2, they're late tonight. But the flat they want to rent is back on the market again, it's open for inspection on Saturday afternoon, so I'm hoping they manage to get it. Even if there are holes in the floor and the roof caving in, it will be better for them. Expensive, though - A$290 a week, for two-bedroom unfurnished flat that's about 25-30 years old with the original kitchen & bathroom.

Rattle your beads for them!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning warrior mom's and dads. :musicdance:. It's a beautiful morning in NC. Definitely spring and promises to get to high 70's. I'm going to the plant nursery as soon as I can today.

LDM, I'm loving the weather in our neck of the woods. Thanks for the gardening tips.
Linda, yuck about a sick child. :nurse: Nursing isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

Wiped out, poor husband. :thumbsdown: Seems like he has been sick for a bit now. Are you concerned? I'm sure the stress of the last few weeks hasn't helped.

Marguerite, good luck with the apartment. It's exciting to be starting out. I'm sure they will be happy and in love wherever they are. Those first years are so intense.

So for difficult child........drumroll please! He cleaned out his foot locker and organized it like he learned when working in the grocery store. It is my first time I have seen him apply what has been taught without my cueing him from one step to the next!!! He said he couldn't find anything. I'm sure someone suggested that instead of ranting he should do something about it but still. I didn't have to be the wicked witch and he actually accomplished something. I despair that he will not ever master ADL's and he might not but I am going to enjoy this moment until the next crash. :woohoo: If I could bottle this I would pass it around to all of you who struggle with functional, survival living skills.

In the meantime, i sent a very simple cookbook with everyday foods and a picture cookbook(thank you amazon.com). He said he was actually reading through it.

So as you can see today is a good day.:beautifulthing:

Hope you find something good in your day today.