Happy Thursday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Good Morning Friends and Warrior Parents! :bigsmile:

It's Thursday morning which means the weekend is not long in coming. I always begin to feel more optimistic on Thursdays!

Got everything crossed off the Wed list yesterday - now I will tackle the Thur list! I took two hours off from my busy two-week schedule to get pampered at the hair salon yesterday. It felt marvelous! They have a guy who goes around and gives hand massages - it's glorious.

I've been trying to justify this expense in my budget though. I go every seven weeks for color and highlights and it's not cheap. I've been thinking about buying my color in a bottle - I know they have lots of new formulas out there now - and just getting my hair cut at one of those chain places. We'll see........

The weather is looking to be a glorious fall day here - low 50's and not a cloud in the sky. I've got to get difficult child a bag packed to take to his dads this weekend. Bonehead will pick him up from school tomorrow as easy child and I leave around 11 tomorrow morning.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, and so is easy child. And, difficult child is looking forward to spending the weekend at his dads. So, after I drop him off at school this morning, I'm going to run back here and get his bag packed and the house all straightened and cleaned. Then, if I have time, I'll run to the Dollar Tree, the craft store and Target - I need some things for a couple Advent service projects my Sunday School class is doing. If I can accomplish leaving here by 10, I can still get to the office by 11.

I would like to hit the gym for a water fitness class tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll just do the weights because of time, so I feel I need to replace that cardio I'll miss! If I can get all my ducks in a row today, I'll be able to hit the 6:30 class tonight.

I hope your Thursday is a good one and everything on your list get crossed out!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Sharon and all
my friends who will follow. Sharon,
that makes 2 of us looking forward to the weekend! Bob, our new kitten,
is a sickly cat. apparently, he has a small windpipe which will cause all respiratory problems to be serious.
We have decided to adopt Bob
anyway. Hope everyone has a great
day. Hugs Rabbit

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm glad you had a day of pampering! Sounds like a busy day ahead, glad you will be able to fit in the club tonight!

If you remember from yesterday's thread I was hoping both kids would fall asleep on the ride home-they actually did! It was a peaceful ride home and I made it to the club!

Today will be cold here. We are in for a high of 30 which is interesting since it is already 29, apparently we're not going to move much!

After work I have a dr. appointment. and then tonight husband and I will hit the health club (at least that is the plan right now).

Wishing everyone a day filled with reasons to smile and laugh!:kisses:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, The hair salon sounds wonderful. I rang the hairdresser yesterday to find out how much to get my hair highlighted - I had bought a kit for $17, it would cost me $70 to get the salon to do my hair. So last night I had a go - and planning ahead, I calculated how to make up exactly one fifth of the amount so I can do it again at a later stage without using it all up at once - they always pack far more than you need in those kits!

And it worked out fine, except I maybe didn't do enough strands. I had enough mix made up to have done more, so I know the amount worked out well. I might do a bit more tomorrow some time. Or maybe in a few weeks, when it needs touching up.

But then - I didn't get a hand massage, and I didn't get to have someone else pamper me. That would have been enjoyable.

Rabbit, I'm glad you're giving Bob the cat a good home. Even if he only has a short life, at least it will be a happy one.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad the kids fell asleep for you in the car. The more happy trips you have, the more it sets you up for more of them.

We had a busy day today, but sort of fun. We took difficult child 3 with us because we didn't know if his appointment would be on or not. As it turned out, it wasn't. So we grabbed the chance to buy him a shirt to wear to the wedding, and took the clan tartan tie with us to make sure the shirt would look good with it. The shirt fits difficult child 3 wonderfully well. We'll probably have to buy him a new one by easy child's wedding next May, though.

Then we shopped for all the fruit & veg for the wedding. We gave easy child 2/difficult child 2 the list and let her get it all together (it's a service her shop provides anyway).

I've also been buying bits and pieces for a wedding hamper for the kids to take with them on their honeymoon. We bought some quarter bottles of champagne-style wine and I'll freeze some bottles of water to keep the wine chilled. That way they can have a drink together on their wedding night, since difficult child 1 won't be permitted to drink at his own wedding. Due to our road rules, with his provisional licence he is unable to drink ANY alcohol within about 6 hours of driving.

We dropped the food in at the church and some of the congregation were steam-cleaning the outside of the building. Someone else was cleaning the inside - he's been living there for the past week, spring cleaning for the wedding. Tomorrow he's working with the caterer to do the last of the cooking. They're all pitching in their services for free, all we've had to pay for is materials.
This afternoon husband assembled the archway on the front lawn. It's right next to the beach, I just hope the local thugs don't vandalise it. I cut a lot of ivy and some other greenery for the lady decorating inside for us. I know she wants more, but girlfriend and her mother are arriving in the morning straight form the markets, loaded up with flowers. It will be like a scene form "My Fair Lady" for girlfriend and her mother, arriving at the Sydney Markets before sunrise.

girlfriend seems to have a bad cold, difficult child 1 has a stiff neck from overdoing things a bit. He's got an appointment with our local sports medicine masseur in the morning. I've just given him some valium (to relax the neck muscles hopefully) and sent him to bed. He's also still waiting on some trousers he ordered for his wedding - they still haven't come in to the store down the coast (the saddlery). They've got until Saturday midday to arrive - not looking hopeful. He does have some alternative trousers to wear.

husband & I still have to choose a wedding venue for easy child 2/difficult child 2 by tomorrow afternoon (that's for next year) and there's still a lot of other running around to do. difficult child 1 wrote his wedding speech tonight. His aunt has just arrived from Perth - she just rang from the airport a few minutes ago, she and husband are on the way home. easy child & BF1 arrive in the morning and I still have to give difficult child 3 his maths exam sometime in the morning also.

At this stage the forecast is for rain on Saturday. A pity. I'm hoping to get difficult child 1's washing dry tomorrow so he can pack for his honeymoon. He's decided to buy some more clothes while 'on the road' - he needs more socks and underwear anyway.

It's hard to believe that in another 48 hours I'll be a mother-in-law!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING

:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - Sounds like a great weekend for all in your world. I hope the weather behaves for you! I have only had my hair colored one time. It was color in a bottle by easy child. If you choose that route, wouldn't you need a friend (or maybe easy child?) to help with it?

Rabbit - I hope you find a way to get Bob healthy and keep a close eye on him to keep him from getting sick too often.

Wiped out - Maybe we can get Little Dude's Mom to share her low 50's? We also have it very cold here. I hope you find ways to stay warm. For us, our last few weeks have been so windy! I don't think the temps alone would be quite so bad but that wind is making outdoors COLD!

Marg - The day is so close! Have a great last few days of preparation. Hopefully the weather will realize what day it is on Saturday and hold off on the rain.

I don't know how long this computer will hold on so if I drop from radar again, it will probably be the computer's fault.

Today easy child and a friend head to the cities for the weekend. It looks like they will have good road weather for the entire weekend. I think she plans on taking her little car though I think I will try to get her to take the jeep instead.

difficult child has trumpet lessons tonight. I may let him drop that soon.

Our church has a benefit coming up Dec 7th. One member is entering her 5th round of breast and bone cancer treatment. On Wed, the day before her treatments were suppose to start, her husband ended up in ER. Tests have shown this week that he has brain, lung, and kidney cancer! They have a third grade daughter. They are a young family but now one with no income. Sad.

Puppy is staying with easy child's friend's family until after Thanksgiving. difficult child may go into puppy withdrawal by then. He is already talking about getting another dog when easy child moves out and takes puppy with her. easy child states that if she can not take puppy with, her friend's family will adopt puppy.

I better get going.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your difficult child laugh.