Happy Warrior Mom Day!

Jena

Good morning,

So, we've already had drama in our little difficult child home today lol. How else would one want mother's day to start off??

I hope everyone has a great day today, and let's all remember to take at least 30 minutes for ourselves today to do something special for ourselves, it could be as simple as lock ourselves in a bathroom with a candle. :)

I'll start off with what i'm going to do for me, and than i want to hear what everyone else's plan for "30 minutes of uninterrupted Mom time"......................

I"m going to take a bubble bath today at some point with-my magazine i bought!!

NEXT............

DammitJanet

Well I dont know that I still qualify for warrior mom status but I have had a pretty darned good Mothers day weekend. Yep...I got a whole weekend out of it.

My "day" started off with my big gift arriving yesterday. I got new mattresses. I so needed them. Billy, Cory and Tony all pitched in and bought them for me. I did have to clean my room up in order to put them in. We pitched out my old broken down king sized mattress and box spring...gosh it was bad. I had got that free when I got this place in 2001! The entire box spring was full of broken wood.

This new set is called BackCare and is a pillow top set...and is a queen set. We will have to get used to being a bit closer together but thats ok. It is so comfy! And my room is so much bigger now...lol.

Then this morning I woke up to find flowers that Tony had picked from up in his grandma's yard. So pretty. Along with a huge bowl of wild strawberry's for dessert tonight. Then Billy got me one of those Digital Photo Keychains to put my pics on when I come to Ohio...lol. And Cory brought me a big box of fancy chocolates! And Jamie called me. And my dad sent me a Mothers day card with a check in it to put towards my Ohio trip!

Couldnt be a better weekend!

Jena

Janet warrior mom status does not leave you at any point by the way LOL!!

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend, wow and you deserve it!!!

Everywoman, ok so anti up what are you doing for you today?

Andy

30 minutes ..... hmmmmm

Does going to church alone count? It was a nice service especially knowing that lunch should be ready when I get home. Which it almost was with husband complaining that diva wasn't home to help peel potatoes so he had to do that one his own. I forgot about the potatoes or I may have peeled them before going to Sunday School (it is o.k., I like to peel potatoes and can go through a bag very quickly).

I am trying to find 30 uninterrupted minutes on the computer. Usually get to about 28 minutes and then in walks an interruption so I start all over again! :)

I am trying to figure out if I want to take the kids to Fargo. Our bowling alley is CLOSED on Sundays starting today! My bowling addiction is terrible right now. I was so looking forward to watching difficult child bowl this afternoon. If Fargo's is open I know husband will complain up a storm about what a waste of gas it is to drive one hour just to bowl. However, if they are open and if diva will consent to coming it would so be worth it!

husband called from the grocery store yesterday to see if I needed anything. I asked him to check out the strawberries so we could have shortcake but he just said, "We already have a cake picked out". I am thinking no strawberries means I can go to Fargo. Right? Sometimes difficult child thinking can work to ones advantage.