Happy Wednesday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:lady:Good Middle of the Week Morning!!!!

I'm up earlier than usual for a summer morning. I'm heading out of town this morning to attend the funeral of my cousin's son. He was killed in a car accident Friday morning. From there, the kids and I will head to my sisters for the day. The service is about 2 hours northwest of here and not too far from where my sister lives. It will be a day of much driving, but ending up visiting with my sister's new baby will be the greatest :woohoo:!! My little nephew is a month old today and I have not had the opportunity to see him yet. I will not let anyone else near him while I'm there!!!!!

The weather this morning is incredible! It's only 55 degrees. It hasn't been that cool since April! Where we are driving this morning is up towards the Blue Ridge Mountains; I think it will be cool there as well.

Fran, I read about the bites you are experiencing while gardening in the evening. Sounds painful. Are you spraying your clothes? Are you sure they are mosquito bites? It has not been too damp your way so I wouldn't think you would be having a big problem with them. Wonder if they are chiggers?

Wishing everyone a Wednesday filled with compliance :hypnosis:!

Sharon

smallworld

Good morning everyone!

Sharon, I'm so sorry about your cousin's son. What a tragedy. Enjoy meeting your little nephew. I'm sure he'll be a cutie.

I feel a little out of sorts since school ended. Just can't seem to get in a regular rhythm, mostly because the kids are coming and going with new activities and lots of chauffeuring for me. J is actually in Greece with my in-laws until tomorrow. A is attending a soccer camp this week and leaves for overnight camp in Maine next Wednesday so I have a lot of packing to do. M is home this week and starts theatre camp next week. She and I have been having some nice mommy time together.

During bad storms a few weeks back, a huge tree limb fell on our house and damaged the roof, gutters, two windows and some shutters. There was so much damage in our area that the insurance adjuster is finally arrving today to make his assessment of the damage. One more item to cross off the "to do" list.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (LDM), I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's son... It's so sad... Congratulations "Auntie"!!! Enjoy your new nephew!!! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from his "cyber Aunties" too!!!

smallworld, I hope J is having an excellent time in Greece - What a wonderful opportunity!!! I hope A is enjoying soccer camp - I understand about all the packing for overnight camp. It's so nice that you're enjoying the one on one time with M. Sorry to hear about all the damage to your house. I hope it gets repaired quickly!!!

Today I have to work for a few hours. Then I have errands to run before picking the boys up at school. Today is easy child's last day of school. Tomorrow is the difficult children's last day - It is just a half day. Unfortunately, I'm not looking forward to having any of them home this summer. Luckily, difficult child 1 will be leaving at the end of the month for five days. He'll return for the weekend and then be away most of the summer. difficult child 2 will be going to one month of day camp beginning in the middle of July. easy child will be home, probably with her ear glued to the phone when not with friends.

I had my first dose of Dexamethasone (sp?) applied topically at physical therapy yesterday morning. I'm doing much better and will post in Healthy Living.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- Drive carefully. How sad! I know your cousin will be glad to see you today. Give your nephew a little squeeze from me.

Smallworld- It sounds like your family is all running off in different directions! Good luck with the adjuster.

I have more cleaning today. I'm trying to get the house in order before Duckie is out of school for the summer. I plan on tackling the downstairs family room, half bath, full bath and bedrooms today. I'll also keep moving along on laundry (I hate for it to pile up).

Have a great day! :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm sorry for your loss. I know you will enjoy your little nephew though!

SW-Sorry to hear about the damage to your house. I'm so glad no one was hurt. It always takes me awhile to get into a rhythm once school is over. For me the first week is about catching up on as much sleep as possible!

WFEN-Sounds like a busy day for you! I know what you mean about not looking forward to having them around for the summer. I'm glad you are feeling better!

TM-Sounds like a busy day for you too! Be sure to find time to squeeze in a nap!

I stayed up way too late last night. husband came home with an I-Pod Shuffle for me and we had a really hard time with the I-Tunes transferring. We think it was something easy child did when she helped me because it kept only wanting to transfer 1 song! husband finally worked it out!

He also came home with the latest Janet Evanovich book for me! I didn't even know it was out!

This morning difficult child and I have therapist appts. and then we have another appointment for the new program difficult child is in. That's this afternoon.

At some point a nap is in order as well as a visit to the health club!

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter!:try2fly:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, sorry to hear about your cousin's son. I hope you enjoy the time with your sister and her baby, though. I have a funeral to go to tomorrow as well - an old lady who has lived in the village for sixty years. We expect the place will be crowded.

Smallworld, sounds like a very jumbled time for you. I'm jealous of J - we loved our visit to Greece (this time of the year, too) about 19 years ago now.

WFEN, sounds like a busy day for you today. I hope the therapy works. And as for what to do with the kids - maybe we need to develop a special thread as a resource, on ways to keep kids occupied productively during the holidays!

TM, sounds like a very busy cleaning day for you. I hope the weather is kind for you. I hate cleaning during extreme heat.

Sharon/Wiped, I'm glad you got your iPod sorted out. We love ours, especially on long car trips. We bought an iTrip and then loaded up the iPod with all our favourites. And husband searched the 'Net and bought MP3 files of some old favourites from the radio show days, so we can now listen to all the old episodes of "The Shadow" and the Stan Freberg Show while we're in the car for a long trip. We also download podcasts from our radio networks.

Fran (from yesterday) - those bites of yours could be chiggers, I hope not though. I found chiggers itched a lot more than mozzie bites. They did go for the tight places in clothing, though - bra edges especially. I picked up a load when digging out an old cage which had been on the ground for some time. The bites - they had a red dot in the centre which got scratched out very early on. If it is chiggers then avoid that part of the yard for a while, send in someone well-protected to spray the area then leave it for a week or more. And when gardening, wear a strong insect repellant (DEET type) because that will work for ticks & mites as well.
We had to send difficult child 3 to school (back when they had the tick plague when he was 6 or 7) with supplies of repellent and all the kids had to wear repellent or not go outside at all, for a couple of months. If the repellent will keep ticks away, it should also work for mites.

Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

Good Morning!! :) Yeah, it is Wednesday!

Little Dudes Mom - The visit will be just the perfect thing after a very sad funeral. Enjoy your cool weather. Sounds like a pretty drive.

Smallworld - What a wonderful trip for for J. Hopefully you will get used to your Summer schedule before summer is over - Can you believe it is the middle of June already? Why can't winter go this fast? I hope your storm damage won't be too expensive.

Wishing for Empty Nest - Your kids have a busy schedule. Since the kids get out of school so far into June, when do they start in the Fall? I am glad you are feeling better.

Tired Mommy - I hope you can get a lot of cleaning done today.

Wiped Out - I wouldn't even know how to run an I-pod. My kids each have one and my easy child is the one in charge of loading them. Unfortunaltely she borrowe difficult child's on a trip this winter an put a few of her songs on his machine - not good! Oh well. Have a great day!

I have decided to go into work late this morning. husband has left for work. easy child babysits at 8:30 and difficult child has bowling at 9:30. difficult child should be fine alone at home for about 45 minutes but these last two days have been a little stressful for him. I think it best that I stay home and take him. His babysitter's mom had said she would make sure he got to where he needed to go but with hight gas prices, it seems unfair to take him out to the country only to have her bring him back in within an hour. I put enough time in the last two days that I think I only have to work 2 hours today. difficult child has pictures tonight for his baseball program - I am really having fun watching him play. We live next door to a guy who was a major league baseball pitcher. He pitched in two winning World Series. We thought it would be fun to give them a signed trading card with difficult child's picture on it.

It looks like another beautiful day here. Everyone have a good day and find one thing to make your difficult children laugh.

Hi to anyone to snuck in - this is so long there may be a few.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. I'm a bit grumpy today. Maybe it's being out of milk for my coffee. A quick ride with the top down on a gorgeous morning helped to blow the grumpiness away.

LDM, hope the funeral won't be too painful. Somehow being a young victim seems like so much promise lost. Enjoy snuggling the baby.

Chiggers? do they go through your clothes. I hate to spray my clothes but maybe I need to do that. My exposed skin isn't unusually bitten but my torso is just itching up a storm. I'll do a search and see what chiggers are and what their bites look like. I am suffering that's for sure.

smallworld, waiting for insurance adjusters post hurricane Andrew was a lesson in patience. Regardless, it's your house and you want it fixed. Always stressful.
Maybe the lack of routine is stressing me. I'll have to think about how to set up a new routine with mom here. Hope you are getting into the summer swing of things.

WFEN, sure hope the ointment works for your pain.

TM, I'm sure it's a great sense of accomplishment to get everything clean for the summer.

Wiped Out, my Janet Evanovich book was delivered yesterday too. I can't wait to read it.

Marguerite, from the description I may have chigger bites. Little buggers. They do itch more than mosquito bites. They are brutal. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have been struggling with my mom and puppy going down hill. Mom is not quite the same. She is still insistent she wants to live in her own home. Honeysue is not eating and her bone cancer has metastized to her lungs despite chemo and radiation(they told us that before. No surprise) She doesn't seem in pain but I am beside myself that she won't eat.
husband is out of town all week but the boys seem to be doing well.
I'm ready for this week to be over too.