Hard work pays off!

tiredmommy

Duckie's school held their holiday dance this evening and I ran into her orchestra teacher when picking up a group of girls.

Don't read any further unless you agree to be sworn to secrecy.

I found out Duckie's viola All County audition results and seating: she made first chair!!!!!! And it's even sweeter as two of her closest friends have earned 2nd and 3rd chair!

Her teacher wants to give the students their results on Monday/Tuesday so this needs to stay our little secret, okay?

InsaneCdn

So you're whispering it HERE to make it easier to keep it a secret.

(personally, I'd be strangling the teacher for telling me and then asking me to keep it secret... yeesh. Good news like that is meant to be shared, not "sat on")

DammitJanet

Oh she has come so far! I am so proud of our little Duck. I remember with such fondness that little 3 year old of many years ago and she has just blossomed into this wonderful young lady. Im so glad I got to meet her even if was only for a few minutes. You have done such an amazing job with her. I will always remember her telling me I could come get her bed. That was the sweetest thing ever.

buddy

I just love Duckie. I have said it before and I say it again, she is a cool kid! Congrats. She is going to wonder what your goofy grin is all weekend. LOL

Calamity Jane

That is a huge accomplishment. Congrats to Duckie and I'm sure there will be many, many more wonderful accomplishments yet to come. She should be so proud of herself!

susiestar

Roll With It
Wonderful!!!! She has blossomed into a beautiful, talented, hard working young lady. She has such spirit and tenacity and is willing to give her all when it comes to reaching a goal she has set.

She also has a strong, intelligent mom who never forgets the real values or how to help Duckie figure out how to deal with challenges while staying true to herself.

She is the epitome of a 'strong smart girl'!