Hark, the herald angels shout...

KTMom91

How many more days till school is out?

I've subbed the past two days, and I think zookeeper training would have been more helpful than Theories of Education. Today's class really outdid themselves...I've been there quite a few times, and know the kids from previous years as well...OMG...I swear there was a sign out front, visible only to third graders, that said, "Please check your brain at the door."

I'm in second grade on Friday, and first next Friday. I don't work in June. I've learned. Goofiness is setting in early this year, and I'm very tired. Top it off with Miss KT and her excessive senior-itis, and I'm ready for this school year to be over.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm counting down the days as well :D We've got 16 school days left! Hope you're able to survive the rest of the week.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've learned over the years that when June hits, you put those little anxious buggers to work. Oddly enough, they won't clean their own room, but they LOVE to clean the classroom. Who wants to scrap the bottom of the desks? Hands go up. Works like a charm!

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Our teachers used to give us outside breaks if we could manage to sit still and get our work done. Now you wouldn't think that would be a big deal. But to us.....it was HUGE. Worked like a charm. We'd work our fanny's off for a game of kick ball an hour before school let out. (we just wanted/needed to go out and play) Sometimes teachers would even pick a big ol' shade tree and let us have a lesson under it. We thought that was soooooo cool. :D

Hope you make it thru ok.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
I always thought Spring cleaning in school was done in June as well - we scrubbed, and washed and scoured - the entire last 2 weeks of school I was a Merry Maid!

Sending you a whip and a chair! BACK YOU WILEY 2nd graders.....BACK! (snap snap) BACK (KAchewwwwwww)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I used to love that time of year in school as a kid - Spring Fever - when you're all antsy and your heart's all a flutter because you know you only have a few more weeks!

Sending you strength~

trinityroyal

Star, I see the potential for some cross-over marketing of your customized duct-tape.

Perhaps a case in primary colours: Red with alphabet letters, Blue with numbers, yellow with shapes, Pink with sparkles for princess-y girls. Possibilities are endless.

Gosh, I remember being so ANTSY this time of year. But I had some wonderful teachers who knew how to harness it.

The teacher, who used to prowl with us around the school grounds looking for specific types of leaves or insects or rocks for science or geography projects.

The English teacher who used to have us run up and down the hill between the upper and lower fields, while doing grammar lessons.

The principal, who said that if the weather forecast said the temperature would get to X (can't remember the number off-hand), we didn't have to wear our uniforms, and could wear civvies to school...

I used to love this time of year, just for the adventures.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sixteen more days here and I can't wait!! The difficult children in my classroom are going full force!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep, I can see why you need to whine, too! Welcome to the club!

Hang in there.

Suz