Harry Potter book

mstang67chic

Going Green
I went to the book store and picked up my copy of the new book today. Just finished it not too long ago and ...... WOW!!! Definately the best of them all and a bittersweet ending. I can't really say more than that because so much happened in it. It started at a good pace and didn't really slow down through the whole thing. :reading:

SRL

I took all the kids to the release party--even difficult child went in costume. Brought my book home and just let it sit for awhile in the same way you don't want to dive into that last day of a glorious vacation.

Then....I stayed up all night and read it. Felt like the dickens yesterday but it was worth it. My oldest got a good night's sleep and read all day yesterday.

muttmeister

I was in WalMart yesterday and they had them for $18.79 so I bought the book but I haven't read it yet. I'm anxious to get started.

AllStressedOut

We just started reading it. We're just barely into chapter 3 or 4. Not really sure because I keep falling asleep listening to my husband read. Very soothing!

SRL

LOL, I would have a hard time falling asleep in this one! But I did read half of #3 to my kids over two days this week and I could hardly stay awake by the end.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I finished reading this morning at around 10:30. Read every moment I could but didn't get much reading in yesterday afternoon because we were busy. JK Rowling wrote another superb book!

Kathy813

Staff member
I read all day yesterday and finished the book around 7:00. It was great! My husband kept coming in the room asking if all I was going to do was read all day. Yup.

It's kind of sad, though, that the Harry Potter era has come to an end. My easy child grew up reading the series. We ran into a lot of college age kids at Kroger when we were buying the book which surprised me at first but then I realized that they were little kids when this all started.

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I bought the book Saturday, but am limiting myself to read v e r y s l o w l y ......I just don't want to reach the end.....but I do want to know what happens, so here I go....maybe even a whole chapter tonight.....

Kathy813

Staff member
I gave my copy to difficult child today when I met her for lunch. The first thing she did was open it to the back and read the epilogue.

That was very typical of my difficult child ~ instant gratification. :hammer:

~Kathy

skeeter

I finished it about 3pm this afternoon. NL is at his father's this weekend, but he finished his copy at about 10am this morning.

I must say I thought it was excellent, and tied up all the loose ends, etc.

On_Call

difficult child got into the HP books later - I think the first 3 books were already in softbound by then, so we have bought all soft bound books as he read them. Then, he wanted to talk to me about them, so I read them all, too. He is good about not spoiling it for me - he reads them first - and then I get a crack at them.

I am absolutely going crazy wanting to read this one, but we are attempting to wait out the 6 months or so to get the soft bound book, so he has the complete set that way. Don't know if I can do it. I am trying to avoid all internet and newspaper articles about the book because I don't want to know what happens until I can actually read it for myself.

I can't believe the run will be over now. Wonder if another set of books will come along that captures so many people - kids and adults - I think maybe Harry Potter will be one of those fluke pop culture things - one in a million.

witzend

So far I have successfully avoided anything to do with the Harry Potter books, choosing to learn the story through the movies. husband is a huge fan, and went and bought both the hardbound copy as well as the Audiobook CD's this weekend.

(To post this, I opened the post and grabbed it immediately down to the quick reply!)

husband explains all the stuff I've missed after I see the movies! I will have to be very careful of what I watch and read over the next few years!

Abbey

Spork Queen
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: witzend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So far I have successfully avoided anything to do with the Harry Potter books, choosing to learn the story through the movies.</div></div>

I refuse to watch the movies until I've read the book. They are SOOO much better. Give it a try! by the way...read it in under 24 hours. :smile:

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
I saw 3 or 4 adults on the airplane reading the book. It's great to see so many adults enjoying it. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to read it too.

mattsmom27

Had to go into a lineup at 4a.m. to get a copy here for difficult child. He slept (go figure) while easy child and I got up before the birds to get his book and didn't even get home until nearly 9a.m. with a book!
He LOVED the book, pretty much read non-stop. I still have to read it but I know the details since difficult child kept bursting out every few minutes with a story to tell me about what was happening next. He was very impressed with the book.

SRL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsmom27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had to go into a lineup at 4a.m. to get a copy here for difficult child. He slept (go figure) while easy child and I got up before the birds to get his book and didn't even get home until nearly 9a.m. with a book!
He LOVED the book, pretty much read non-stop. I still have to read it but I know the details since difficult child kept bursting out every few minutes with a story to tell me about what was happening next. He was very impressed with the book. </div></div>

Weren't you the ones that said you had read on online pdf copy early? I'm curious as to whether it was the same as the actual book.

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abbey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I refuse to watch the movies until I've read the book. They are SOOO much better. Give it a try! by the way...read it in under 24 hours. :smile:

Abbey </div></div>

I'm three books behind, and I'm happy with it the way it is. Although I have thought about reading them. I decided that I will start reading them from the beginning when I have seen the last movie.

sameold sameold

I just finished my book last night. What a great book. My favorite has always been year#4, but this one is also a great one. I couldn't put it down easily. husband and I have been putting in a window in our living room so I couldn't let him work alone. We are both on VACA this week. Going camping tomorrow so I am glad I finished the book