Has any read the book Beautiful Boy?

toughlovin

Great book....his son wrote a book too which is also interesting. I highly recommend it.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

DDD

Although my memory is diminished I do recall reading the book and finding it affirmation that I was not alone. DDD

Ordered Beautiful Boy along with a daily devotional book to read with my FA book, and a book abt a daughter addicy and mother...cant remember name. difficult child had to have a big book for CTTC so got her the NA big book and she asked fod a Life Recovery Bible, definitely got that. My reading is set for awhile! difficult child is app going to a big book study in jail. Even if she is doing it to pass time, we always told her and easy child, "you hang around dog poo, you start to smell like poo". Better than sitting around scheming, or getting bad ideas from others who dont care!

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

comatheart

I liked Beautiful Boy. I also liked Crank & Glass by Ellen Hopkins? You get a real good idea of what it feels like to be the addict in those books. :( I think there's a third too, but I haven't read that one yet.

Albatross

Yes, I read and liked it, also liked the 2 books his son, Nic, wrote. It was very interesting to see an addiction from the addict's and the parent's perspective.

I remember seeing an interview with father and son, and they were asked what was the biggest surprise from reading the other's book. Nic said he had no idea how much his meth use was affecting his father. All that his father had been through, and Nic had no idea. He thought his addiction only affected himself.

That stuck with me, that to someone in the throes of an addiction, all of our pain and worry might not even be a blip on their radar.

jugey

I loved all the books mention....Beautiful Boy, Tweak and Crank and Glass. Read Beautiful Boy and then Tweak. Seemed like the right order to me.