Has anybody here ever tried out for Jeopardy?

muttmeister

I took the online test 7 years ago and thought it was easy. They contacted me to go to the try-outs but I didn't go because I had a conflict so I figured I'd do it the next year. So I 've taken the test every year since and couldn't pass it - until this year. Now they want me to try out again. The place I have to go is 5 hours from here. I haven't decided whether I should go or not. I would have to take a day or two off of work and they would probably think I'm too old and fat and stupid to be on the show anyway. Has anybody here ever been to the try-outs? How was it?

Calamity Jane

Mutt,
I don't personally know of anyone who tried out for Jeopardy, but you are not too old fat or stupid!! If you passed the test, you should go for it. We watch the show all the time, and I wish I could get just 2 or 3 answers right in one night. The best bang for the buck is on Wheel of Fortune. If you're smart and lucky, you can make a boatload of money in 20 min.

DammitJanet

I am going to agree. What do you have to lose? It could be a great experience!

I live near where Vanna White was born and raised and the Wheel of Fortune bus comes this way every year or two. I think it should be through here sometime this summer. If I have a ride I might go down and just watch. I could never play now with my memory issues

witzend

I have a friend who was on Jeopardy last year. She's super bright. I'll ask her if she'd like to talk to you about it if you'd like.

svengandhi

I have never wanted to be on TV but difficult child has tried out and been called back 3 times, once as a child and twice as a teen. I am pretty sure it works the same way for adults and kids. You come to the location, twice it was in my city, and once we took a 3 hour train ride, at a set time. The children's version was random selection so the first thing they did was give a 50 question test. They loved difficult child's personality but he didn't pass the test (lots of sports and pop music, not two of his top areas). The teen tryouts didn't involve a test there because these kids had already passed the online test. They were interviewed and played a mock round of the game. Parents weren't allowed in. difficult child had a great time but wasn't selected. Basically, they said they were looking for (for the teen tournament), kids who were diverse even more than bright, because every applicant was bright. As a white male, difficult child was in an over-represented group, based on what I saw. I have no idea why they choose who they choose. difficult child plans to try again as an adult; he doesn't want to bother with college Jeopardy because it has a limited payout.

My suggestion to you is go for it. Not many people can say they passed the Jeopardy test and got called in... You must be very bright.

witzend

Thanks, Witz - mainly at this point I'm interested in what the tryout was like after you qualify by passing the online test.

I'm not sure what you're saying. My friend went through the entire process from online test to contestant. Would you like to talk to her about it?