Has anyone had an allergic reaction to 3M...

H

HaoZi

My mom always had a reaction to the adhesives of medical tape and we had to be sure to tell them to only use paper tape on her.

tiredmommy

Thanks. My grandmother had to use the paper tape too, that's how I'm familiar with the adhesive problem. But she was also allergic to latex and bananas. It will be good to know if it's the adhesive or not.

flutterby

Fly away!
I was going to mention paper tape, too. It's what I have to use, as well. And I don't have a latex allergy. I'll also react to the adhesive on any kind of patch - nicotine patch, EKG and heart monitor patches, etc.

S

Signorina

I get blisters from the adhesive in many bandages. The only type I can use are the Nexcare (brand) clear waterproof bandages or their foam bandages. Regular beige bandaid type bandages give me blisters (though they don't itch) I also blistered from the adhesive used to secure my epidurals when I had my babes. I know they make a clear bandage tape as well as a clear wound dressing...maybe those could work? hth :)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh sig - great idea! Bioclusive or tegaderm would work and are made to put over broken skin as a 'second skin' type deal. Like burns. I have a some left from my accident , I could send you a sheet to try!