Has anyone heard/dealt with the Judge Rotenberg Center in Canton, MA?

A

AprilH

Hi all-
I've been lurking in here for about two days and reading all the threads to get my bearings. I have been researching the Judge Rotenburg Residential Treatment Center in Canton, MA for the past few days; I am seriously thinking of sending my son there, but in order to clear that hurdle, I have to get his SD to pay for it. Have any of you sent your kids there? If so, would you recommend it or not? Why?
Here is their website for anyone else who is interested:
www.judgerc.org

Mom of a ten year old with ADD/ODD (rapidly progressing to CD), Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED), Depressive Disorder diagnosis'd at age five.
Takes Seroquel (50mg) Prozac (20mg) and Vyvanse (30mg) a day. Will probably start ANOTHER medication after next psychiatric appointment due to ineffectiveness of these medications...

Listening to 'Wild Horses' by the Rolling Stones and crying my eyes out.

smallworld

April, welcome! I'm glad you found us.

I just want to let you know that we don't recommend doctors or treatment centers by name on the site. However, I will encourage anyone who has information on this facility to PM (private message) you.

nvts

April! Stop listening to Wild Horses and crying your eyes out or I'll end up joining you. I love that song!

What's up with your boy? What's he doing? What has been tried so far? What kind of testing have you had done? I'm not too knowledgeable about medications (a lot of the people on here are really good at those) but some make different conditions worse and some make them better. Who gave the diagnosis' (pediatrician, therapists, psychologist, psyciatrists?)?

Sometimes we get so frustrated that we just go nuts (hence my screenname!).

I don't know anything about treatment centers, I do know that they stay away from making recommendations on here as some kids do well in one place and other kids won't (isn't mental illness a blast!!!).

You've found a great place, we all support one another and there's a TON of knowledge on the board.

Feel better, turn off the stereo and get a cup o' coffee!

You'll get through this! We're here to help!

Beth