Has anyone seen the commercial..

DammitJanet

There is a commercial running here about this CD for a program to solve all our problems! It swears that if you buy this program it will tame your wild child and stop defiance, out of control behavior, all behavior problems even ADHD. Heck...it even comes with an extra CD that claims to stop misbehavior in 1 minute or less.

Well well...here we have been wasting all this time and money and we only needed a cd and less than 60 seconds!

jamrobmic

I haven't seen it, but I can think of some ways to correct bad behavior in 60 seconds (and when my son is being Mr. Hyde, I get a lot of satisfaction out of imagining myself doing them). I'm pretty sure, though, that CPS wouldn't approve of any of them

DammitJanet

LMAO. I used to imagine using one of those electric cattle prods on the boys. Or one of those shock dog collars so we could zap Cory when he got out of line.

Speaking of that...I need one of those for him now. He walks around the house singing those blasted rap lyrics with cusswords in them and tonite I overheard 3 year old Cameron saying the MF word and then Ho. I got all over Cory about it. Told him I was gonna wash his mouth out with soap everytime I heard Cameron say a bad word. LOL.

Liahona

husband had a boss that would encourage bad behavior from his (the bosses) 2 year old. His wife put them both in the cornor to think about it.

Marguerite

I've always found a bucket of cold water very effective for short-term shutting off bad behaviour. Of course, if the kid happens to be near anything electrical at the time...

What's the bet the program is prohibitively expensive?

Marg

DammitJanet

I really should call the number and find out...LOL. Maybe I could quiz them on if it works for kids with mental illnesses.

LittleDudesMom

Janet,

Yes, I've heard it a couple times on our local talk radio station. Apparently he's a therapist peddling his "proven system".

Sharon

donna723

They probably send you a CD and a roll of duct tape!

I haven't seen the TV commercials here but there are ads in the newspaper that promise to help you turn your kids into genuine easy child's almost instantly. And I don't know who he is, but there are lectures you can buy tickets to that are given by some guy who promises the same thing! Like every kids' problems can be cured by using some "magic technique" that nobody's' thought of yet, but THIS GUY has figured it all out! And for a price, he will share his wisdom with you!

Of course, this puts it all back on the parents! It's all YOUR fault because you've been doing it wrong! You have been using method A,which is wrong and doesn't work! If you simply switch to method B (HIS techniques), it will magically solve all the problems that YOU have caused by parenting your child incorrectly!! Shame on you!

What a crock! If there really was some magic, foolproof, universal method that works for every child, don't you think all those psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists would have stumbled on it by now! This goes back to the ignorant theory that children CANNOT have real psychiatric or behavioral disorders ... it's all the fault of "bad parenting", and for the price of a CD or a lecture ticket, you can magically fix everything! TOTAL B.S.!

OK, I'm done now.

Fran

Former desparate mom
If it worked you wouldn't need to advertise would you?
Sort of like weight loss products. If it worked there would be a line down the road trying to get it.

Janna

I didn't see it, but I did see a banner, somewhere within the internet for something similar.

A minute or less, huh? I could have saved myself three long years of raging? Sheesh.

Janna

TerryJ2

I want to find out who made the CD and send my difficult child straight to their house! I can't wait!!!

witzend

"TSST! You see, I am not making eye contact, talking to or acknowledging the child... You must be calm/assertive."

The difficult child Whisperer - Now Available of DVD!

Allan-Matlem

Hi,
in my humble opinion ' Being in control , getting your kids to do what you want without pointing a gun, or bribing does not exist. Alfie Kohn says that the more times the word behavior appears in a parenting book , the worse the book is.

Allan

DammitJanet

LOL Allen...Cory always swore he was afraid to cross certain lines with us such as actually physically hitting us because he was convinced he would wake up dead and buried on our 8 acres and since we had sent him off so often no one would even miss him!

Maybe this program involves a gun or a rather large stick...lol. We got Cory to the above conclusion with the aide of a very large father.

DDD

Speaking of quick fixes, did any of you read about the Russian nursery where they put tape over the mouths of the babies so they didn't have to listen to them cry???????????
OMG.......I couldn't believe it....until there was an actual
picture on AOL showing the taped babies.

Geez, and I felt guilty as a young Mom shooting my two under
18 month olds with an invisible ray gun that made them shut
up for five minutes. DDD

TerryJ2

Yes, I saw that. It's amazing that we get threatened with-a call from SSvs if we stare at our kids cross eyed, but they do that in other countries.
Those babies are going to be really screwed up... if they survive.
The Putin admin. claims a 70% approval rating but I find that hard to believe. They have slipped back to the Stalin era for sure.

DammitJanet

LOL DDD...you shot yours with an invisible ray gun? What amazes me is Cory can look at Keyana and tell her sternly to hush all that crying and she stops!

Ok...there is something really wrong with this picture. I couldnt get him to stop doing something for love nor money and he can get his 8 month old to obey him! You do know I will never hear the end of this right?