Has anyone tried peptide injections for asthma?

ScentofCedar

I have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor who believes nutritional deficiencies are at the heart of autoimmune disorders with unknown cause. His treatment consists of peptide (amino acid) injections. He is a retired asthma/allergist. He treats (supposedly successfully) asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS ~ any inflammatory disease process. The catch is that that injections are not covered by insurance, and are $250 monthly for one year.

Anyone done anything like this?

Thanks!

Barbara

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Never heard of this but I'd be interested in knowing how it works out for you. difficult child 1 has asthma AND Crohn's disease. The Crohn's is in remission thanks to his medications. The asthma we keep in control with medications, but it never really goes away even during the less triggering time of year (as evidenced by his peak flow meter numbers).

ScentofCedar

I kept the appointment, and was very favorably impressed. I am going to start the injections when we come back later this Fall. gvcmom, I will pm you with his internet site.

Barbara

Fayelyn00

My Daughter and Granddaughter took peptide shot for Asthma. They had great success. My granddaughter would cough allot at night and had constant problems. My daughter had several regular serious of allergy shots as she is allergic to dogs and a number of other things which leads to asthma attacks. This has been 3 years ago and still ok. My daughter has went back once for a booster shot about a year and half ago, when she started having a minor problem, not the bad issues she used to have. I took the peptide for constant cough and I do not smoke, and Fibromyalgia, which was very bad for me and after I took the first couple shots I was out working in garden. Best to you!!

montanachek

Where was the doctor you wrote about. My dad went Occupational Therapist (OT) one in Flordia to receive injections but we are looking for another doctor possibe closer to Montana?
Tamie