Has been a long time, glad to be back here and say hello....

DancerMom

Lots of new people I see here and that makes my heart happy! This is such a soft, sweet place for those to land who are struggling like I was and do still. For those of you "old friends" a warm hello to you and I pray that you all are continuing to do well...

Update on us: Still married lol...a lot has happened since I was last here. difficult child 1 married and her husband was killed last year in a motorcycle accident. That left her widowed with my two precious grandbabies that are 2 yrs. and 9 mos. old. They are the light of my day!!! difficult child is still a difficult child with her moments, but years of guidance and support have taught me to pick and choose the battles.

difficult child 2 is in middle school now. So smart and such a delight most days lol...On Ritalin now and looking for some changes. Just not working for him. He acknowledges it so that is a big plus for me.

Have missed you all and please, say hello and update me on what's going on in your life!

Blessings!

DammitJanet

Hey...I remember you!

So sorry to hear about your daughters husband's death and her having to take care of those two little ones alone. So sad. I bet they are the light of your life! I know I love my grands.

My kids are all grown up now too. Lordy they are old! My oldest granddaughter is in big girl school now...lol. Here in NC they have a program financed by the lottery where the 4 year olds start in big school. Its called More at 4. Basically Pre-K. Pretty soon mom's will give birth and they will just go to school from the hospital...lol.

My actual kids are doing okay. Same old same old I guess. I live for my oldest granddaughter...lol. She is my side kick now since the other two live out of state.

Glad to see you back.

DancerMom

Oh Janet, glad to hear from you and that you are doing well. Last we talked you health was causing some issues. Glad to hear your family is doing well too! It seems like I have blinked and time passed me by. Fast-forwarding all the time it seems. I see a few more I remember from awhile back, hoping to hear from them too!

DammitJanet

Oh my health is an ongoing issue. I cant remember when you were here last but since 2008 till now I have darn near died with meningitis but with the boards magic they pulled me through. I relearned to walk, talk and use my hands again (obviously!). I still have severe arthritis and fibro and the bipolar still hangs around but I am so glad to still be here I keep putting one foot in front of the other every day.

tiredmommy

Hi DancerMom, I remember you! Welcome back! It seems like you have a mostly positive update (except sister in law's untimely death). More of the same old here.... but Duckie is 9 now and up to my chin.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I remember you! So sorry to hear about difficult child's husband. Your grandkids are at such a fun age! Glad to hear difficult child 2 is doing so well. As for an update from me; it is still a complete difficult child world here-