Has everyone decided what you are getting the kidlets or are you waiting for boyfriend sales

DammitJanet

I have some of the stuff done but Tony and I are heading out to be at Walmart for the Midnight Madness and then at Radio Shack at 5.

Just a heads up ... RS is having a few goodies this year. Im getting my Ereader there this year! Really nice one too. Color. I think it is called Pandigital.

KTMom91

Miss KT and I are waiting for the Target and Kohl's ads on Thanksgiving to finalize our plan of action.

How cool on the e reader! I love mine!

H

HaoZi

I don't even want to think about it. Even just getting a few things for kiddo is going to kill the budget. Generally I get her a few small things I find on clearance in the months between her birthday and Christmas, haven't even done that this year. Signed her up for a visit from the Angel Tree Santa. Grandparents always send a few small gifts and clothes and a nice Wal-Mart gift card, which works well for everyone involved, less shipping costs for them and she loves going to pick out her own presents, especially at the after holiday sales. She knows if she gets a "big" (read: expensive but not large, thinking of some type of ipod and/or ereader for her) from me it will be when the tax return comes in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kayla will get her first really nice baby doll and accessories to go with it. She wanted it very badly.....at at 10 we're running out of time for the baby doll stage......and I've always wanted to get her one. lol

Alex I have no real clue except that he is batman crazy.......and the only place I can find batman is the dollar store.....and it's just the figures. So I'll have to look and see what I can find.

Darrin.........he wants a nerf gun for his birthday (3 days before xmas) And I've not come up with an idea for xmas yet. Again will have to look.

Aubrey is getting a dollhouse that houses animal figures instead of people. So I'm getting her some sets for it. It's really really cute.

Evan...........again no clue. I will have to look and do my best.

Brandon.......hmmm another tough one as he plays with all of Darrins old toys, especially the Cars toys and the Toy Story toys which is what he likes.

Conner again not a clue as he is now the proud owner of all of Brandons infant toys. sheesh

Other than the girls........this is going to be a tough year. lol:tongue:

DammitJanet

Lisa, for Brandon since he is heading towards 2...have you seen the commercial for the standing car thing where you can put race cars at the top and they zoom down in spirals to the ground? I think it is by Fisher Price because I think it is the one up from my little sounds raceway. They have extra race cars which go for both sets. The race cars have balls in the center which turn like mouse balls instead of wheels. This is what I am talking about. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2634534

Oh ...ToysRUs has a batman cave. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028948

Kayla would be great for an American Girl but they are just way too high. They have some other nice ones at ToysRus though. The walking one I got Keyana had one review that a lady said it would be better for an older child actually. Dunno. It was pricey though. They had some Look Like Me dolls though.

Ya know, they have the "new" original tickle me elmo back...or elmo goes potty, or even a quitar playing elmo now. Really cute.

donna723

I'm so tickled to be able to buy toys again! Last year was the first time in twenty years that I've been toy shopping and I had such a good time! I have a limit for everyone else, try to spend the same on each of them, but where the grandson is concerned, that goes right out the window! I keep seeing things I think he'd like and buying them. I'm just getting started but I've got a few things for him already. He is absolutely nuts over the character Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. At 18 months, he's just starting to pay attention to movies so I got him Toy Story 3, and a big Toy Story book with the cardboard pages - he loves books. And then I saw these little flannel PJ's with Buzz Lightyear on them - gotta have those! Then I found the most beautiful rocking horse just the right size for him! It's soft and fuzzy like a stuffed animal with a little saddle and bridle and it makes horse noises when you squeeze it's ear!

DammitJanet

Well, I am a sucker at this time of year..lol.

This is my list so far: ( Code: Pink is Keyana, Blue is Mikey, Purple is Hailie)
Fisher price Singamajigs 3. KK H
Vtech Vreader
Mobigo
Fisher Price Lil Zoomers Spinning sounds Speedway
Fisher Price Lil People Happy sounds home
*Crayola Beginnings Color me a song
Little Mommy walk and giggle Doll
Candy land
Chutes and Ladders
Fisher Price Tool box
*Sit and Spin
*Weebles
2 more dolls…one each for Keyana and Hailie.
2 puzzles..one each for Keyana and Hailie.

K

Kjs

you can see what most stores have on sale by going to bfads.net
no www in front.

LittleDudesMom

I'm done and have been finished shopping for the kids a few weeks now. easy child is getting mostly apartment stuff (dustbuster, blender, sheets, towels plus a couple betsey johnson bras with matching panties and a really pretty "big" ring I know she'll love). difficult child is getting that new huge nerf gun, a camera watch (spy thing), new boots (he asked for) a game for his 360, a the latest two seasons of Family Guy, and a gift card for his online easy child game.

Everyone else on my list is getting canning. My mom will have a nice big basket with a lot of "little" things, but others will get a couple jars. I need to head out to the fabric store and get some green and red netting for the jars and some hemp to attached the tags - other than that, I'm done.

I've never been a big one for the craziness of black friday - I've always tried to finish before Thanksgiving. easy child and I like to go out and watch just for fun. Makes it more enjoyable if you are not fighting for parking or the last of the "great" deal!

Janet, glad you are getting an ereader - I absolutely love mine! One accessory I got with mine (the Barnes & Noble Nook - which I love because you can share books with other Nook owners rather than buy) is a little clip on light. I do most of my reading at night and, especially in the winter, I love to crawl in bed, turn off the lights, get under the comforter, and do some reading!

Good luck bargain shoppers!

Sharon

donna723

One thing my daughter does that is really helpful is to make a "Wish List" for Ethan on the Toys R Us website. She goes through and picks out 50-60 age-appropriate things that she knows he will like, all different price ranges, they're just suggestions really. Then if you buy something off the list, the cashier can note it on the list that this item has been purchased. You can look up the list online and print it off if you want to take it to the store with you and the items that have already been bought are marked so there's no duplications. It helps them too when they're shopping for him because they know what other people have already gotten him. The relatives who get him Christmas gifts are scattered around in many different areas and some have no idea what to get for a child his age so it's very helpful and he doesn't get two of anything.

ctmom05

I truly dislike shopping in a mob atmosphere, so Black Friday is going to come and go without me.

Like many folks we've had to adjust to changes in income over the past couple of years. so this year our Christmas is going to come straight from the heart. I've been gifted with kitchen talents and will be doing a lot of baking; the Mr will be my assistant(he's good at it too:) )

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's really difficult for my boys at this age. Always new Christmas eve jammies. Probably a new GPS for difficult child and something equal for easy child. They usually get gas cards or gift cards from the aunts and uncles.
The adults have decided to pass on gifts. They are traveling by plane which makes it very difficult. Their airfare is my gift and my cooking/meals/baking is their gift.
The little kids will be fun. Donna, I totally agree. I am much more apt to overindulge the youngsters than even my own sons. I have to control the clothing shopping. She doesn't need any more clothes. I did get her a courderoy dress with ballet slippers on it. She just started ballet lessons. Our only girl(on my side) wants a Scooby Doo cave or something. I ordered that on amazon.com. Not sure about the 10 and 12 yr old.
Have to check with the parents. The one year old is easy enough.
I did buy the recordable book from Hallmark. I think it's a nice keepsake.
husband already got me a locket to put a photo in last month.
I think I'm going to make the lemoncello that was posted and give a small bottle of that with a nut roll to a few neighbors.
We really enjoy the holidays but I'm passing on the whole boyfriend hype. It's fun to wander around and share the energy but I'm not shopping in that craziness.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Since we're on the subject.....it's been awhile since I bought for a toddler. My niece will be 2 in March. Short of clothes.....what in the world do I buy???? I don't have a clue other than big ticket items like a wagon.

HELP!!!!

donna723

I don't want to sound like a Toys R Us commercial here, but if you go to their website they have a ton of stuff to give you ideas. You wouldn't have to buy it from them. You can sort it by category, age group, boy/girl, etc. It will show you all kinds of age-appropriate stuff for toddler kids. My grandson will be two in May (!) and he loves the books with the cardboard pages, anything with a lot of buttons he can push, anything that plays music, and anything he can either push or drag along behind him.

H

HaoZi

I'm lucky, my kiddo has always enjoyed art supplies. Crayons, markers, colored pencils, and a whole LOT of blank paper.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stang your neice would probably love the Fisher Price My First Dollhouse. Aubrey just now stopped playing with hers and she's 4.......she's had it since she was almost 2. No I take that back, I think she's still playing with it. lol

Janet thanks for the suggestions. I was eyeing that raceway toy.........only for Evan instead of Brandon, awful but I put them both into the same age category......Evan acts about 2 not 5 yrs (will be jan) I wanted to do the bat cave........but then I have to find one for Alex to replace the one I bought him 2 yrs ago (which he desperately wants and I haven't been able to find the darn thing..........and yes I'd like to slap the snot out of katie for leaving behind all those toys, I understand why but still ) I may get the raceway for both Brandon and Evan. I'm sure they'd both like it.

Ok I went shopping today so here is what I have so far:

2 batman figures (Alex)
Cars Drawing kit (Evan) 5 bucks at the dollar store! huge kit should keep him busy lol
Barbie with several outfits included (Kayla) also dollar store and 10 bucks
La Baby baby doll (kayla) beautiful doll
baby bottles/feeding set (kayla)
All the stocking stuffers are bought. I got candy canes filled with chocolate candy, Santa books of candy (did this for all 7 as I do it each year), candy gold coins, packs of santa pencils, santa erasers, packs of card games with santa on them, cute erasers found at wallmart that look like cars and trucks for the boys and ice cream ect for kayla, some more santa do dads........little things they can play with that were cheap. lol

Still have tons to do yet. I did see some truck sets for the boys.......all of them except Brandon (still too little) that are reasonable. I may start hunting for kayla a little tyke's dollhouse that is enormous........large enough for barbies and furniture (my girls had it)...on ebay cuz Nichole saw it listed for 20 bucks. I can hold it here for her.........

I am going to make the kids each something this year as well. Aubrey is getting a crocheted character off a video game called SackBoy. (no clue.....Nichole showed me the picture and I'm making the darn thing, it's coming out really cute lol) and each of them are getting matching hats, scarfs, and mittens........maybe a sweater each if I have time, but we'll see. I want to do those no sew blankets for Katie's kids.......mostly because Evan and Alex are blanket addicted and maybe this way I can slip them clean ones as the ones they're dragging around now are disgustingly gross. Any one know where I can get instructions for these blankets? I am NOT buying a kit for 20 bucks just to see how to cut it and tie the stupid knots. lol

Adults are getting crocheted pot holders and dish cloths. The guys........who knows. lol I'm rather fond of cheap wallets. ;) I might feel adventurous and knit them scarfs too.

I've decided on a project this year...............I think I'm going to get my girls involved. I want to bake xmas cookies for the MRDD halfway house across the alley. :santa::rudolph:

D*mn. Give me kids to provide xmas for and no school to distract me and I go a bit xmas nuts. lmao

Ho Ho Ho! :coldday::sled::christmasgift::snowman:

J

joneshockey

My boys want anything Star Wars or Halo. I have gotten them a few things already, but am sort of waiting to see what goes on sale.

shellyd67

easy child has asked for barbies, a guitar, a cotton candy maker and some surprises, difficult child has asked for a nerf gun and surprises. I am heading out to Toys R Us tonight and I have two $10 off coupons so I will just do separate orders and save a few bucks .... I also need to buy for parents, gparents, and a few neices and nephews .... I love Christmastime ! :D

trinityroyal

Since we're on the subject.....it's been awhile since I bought for a toddler. My niece will be 2 in March. Short of clothes.....what in the world do I buy???? I don't have a clue other than big ticket items like a wagon.
HELP!!!!

There are several things that a 2-year-old should like, and many of them won't break the bank.