Has there ever been a Difficult Child retreat?

Kathy813

Staff member
Finding a convenient meeting place was always the problem. A lot of members don't have the resources to travel far. There was talk of a southeastern get-together a few years ago but it never came to fruition.

I missed the last board meet and greet but I have met a couple of members in person over the years. It was wonderful. I felt like I knew them so well even though it was just through this forum. We didn't miss a beat when we finally met face-to-face.

BusynMember

We had a meeting in Chicago once.
The location WAS a problem. Not everyone could afford to travel and stay at a hotel.
I am still up for a regional meeting...in the Midwest. So far the newer members have not been interested in meeting when it has been brought up.
We used to send Christmas cards too. That stopped. I think some members are afraid to give out their addresses.
I liked the Christmas cards a lot.
RN and anyone near Chicago...be happy to go to a meet up there!

KTMom91

We (Hubby and I) went to the Cleveland one. I loved meeting everyone, seeing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...but I was scheduled for knee surgery the next week and was in a lot of pain. We missed the Chicago one because my car died, and I had to get another one. Being in California, it's a major production to get to where most members are living.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
We had a meeting in Chicago once.
The location WAS a problem. Not everyone could afford to travel and stay at a hotel.
I am still up for a regional meeting...in the Midwest. So far the newer members have not been interested in meeting when it has been brought up.
We used to send Christmas cards too. That stopped. I think some members are afraid to give out their addresses.
I liked the Christmas cards a lot.
RN and anyone near Chicago...be happy to go to a meet up there!
Heck I will drive and pick anyone up on route! Not a lady of means but if I can help it means a lot. Don't mind sharing a room either.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
We (Hubby and I) went to the Cleveland one. I loved meeting everyone, seeing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...but I was scheduled for knee surgery the next week and was in a lot of pain. We missed the Chicago one because my car died, and I had to get another one. Being in California, it's a major production to get to where most members are living.
I go to Cali bey often will let you know next time I do. Are you north or south.

BusynMember

I will have an RV soon and can travel and pick up too. We can plan a retreat. I will put it on the Water Cooler. Also before Christmas I will ask if anyobe wants to do cards.
Our old group of posters were much closer and many spoke in real life and met. Nobody was hurt because of giving out an address in private or meeting in a hotel.
I never did get to any meet ups, but I would do it now.

pigless in VA

I met one member who lives in my area. I also met a second member whose name I cannot remember when I traveled to NJ to see my brother. We met in a park where the kids could play. We had a great time.

I was also a member for a widows/widowers group shortly after my husband died. I met a few of those people and we had a lovely time talking.