Have To Cancel difficult child's psychiatrist Appointment

B

Bunny

:2dissapointed:

This was the first appointment I could get for him, but he's been running a high fever since Saturday night. It was 103.2 last night and I think that he was hallucinating! Never saw that before. Anyway, the psychiatrist is almost an hour away and I don't think it's something that he can do today. So, as soon as the pediatrician's office opens I will be on the phone to see if I can get him in there this morning, and I will have to reschedule with the psychiatrist.

S

sjexpress

sorry to hear difficult child is sick. Hope he feels better quick. I hate when the kids are not well especially when it causes them to miss important things! Good luck at the peds. office. Let us know what he has with such a high fever, poor kid!

TerryJ2

Ohhh, I'm so sorry! How disappointing.
I hope that the fever comes down and your difficult child stops hallucinating. I used to get the flu when I was a kid and hallucinated like heck. I hated it. And that's one reason I never did drugs. The trips I heard about were just like having the flu. Why pay for a bad time? ;b
I'm sending healing vibes through the modem.

buddy

wow he sounds really ill, hope he recovers quickly, and you can reschedule with psychiatrist sooner than later.

B

Bunny

We're back from the doctor. His fever is down right now. I'm not sure if that's because it's really down or it's because of the Advil. It's not strep, which is a good thing. There is a rattle in his lungs that the doctor didn't like. She asked me if he has a history of asthma (he doesn't), so they put him on the nebulizer, which I have because easy child gets that really nasty "barky" cough from time to time. So, he's on Albuterol and Pulmicort and they want to see him on Thursday to see if it's improving. They want him out of gym and off the track team until at least the end of this week. So, he misses school until I can get the fever under control and he misses his first track meet, which is tomorrow. They think that the fever is somthing viral, so I just have to deal with that yo-yoing until it's gone.

He's used the nebulizer once today and is already complaining about how he hates it and doesn't want to use it. Either he uses it, or I'm taking his Xbox away. I don't want him to wind up in the hospital with pneumonia.

S

sjexpress

wow..has he had a cold that there is a rattle in the lungs or is that just where the virus landed? Sorry he has to miss school and especially the track. I can only imagine the resistance to the nebulizer! My difficult child is not too cooperative when he has to do something that is not comfortable like wearing a brace or splint for a sprain. That complaining is worse than the injury! It adds to everyones frustration for sure. Good luck with everything!

B

Bunny

wow..has he had a cold that there is a rattle in the lungs or is that just where the virus landed?

He did not have a cold. He just started complaining on Saturday afternoon that he was cold and a few hours later he was running a fever. He's been sick ever since.

And the fever went back up late this afternoon. Joy.

I got him to use the nebulizer twice today (the doctor said 2 - 3 times a day). I wanted to do it one more time after dinner, but when I went upstairs to get him he was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up. If he's falling asleep at 6:30 pm he needs to sleep! He's definately not going back to school tomorrow. Depending on how he is when he wakes up in the morning, the earliest that he will go back is Wednesday. I'm really not liking this yo-yo fever thing. I just wish it would go away and stay away!

helpangel

Hope he gets to feeling better soon, ever notice they seem to get sick at the most inopportune times???

hopefully psychiatrist appointment can be rescheduled in a timely manner the time this happened with missing MRI for fever it took 2 months to reschedule. fingers crossed he gets better soon.

InsaneCdn

Bunny, just wondering... is he getting any better on a day-to-day basis? Or... staying about the same?
'Cause, to me, it sounds like it "could" be mono... in which case, he may not be going back for weeks.

B

Bunny

Well, I'm not really sure. It just started on Saturday. His fever is still up and down. Up in the morning. Down for most of the afternoon. Back up again late afternoon/early evening. The fever is not as high as it was on Sunday night, but it is still there. He's eating, which he wasn't really doing over the weekend.

I'll have to see how he does. He goes back to the doctor on Thursday so that they can listen to his lungs and see if the rattle is still there.

Mono? Ugh!! Please, dear Lord! Not mono!! He's hasn't been TOO badly behaved, but that's because he really doesn't feel good, but having him home messes up my schedule, Know what I mean??